Bug Report Archive

Threads and posts that have become outdated are preserved here.

Moderator: luciderous

User avatar
Arioch
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:56 am
Location: San Jose, California
Contact:

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Arioch » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:55 am

evil713 wrote:also Gremak pop transports look like troopships but read as transports.

As do most of the other races' troopships. Troops are people too.

When the upcoming ground combat system is implemented, there will no longer be a distinction between transports and troopships. Both colonists and ground units will use the same rules for transport.

evil713
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:56 am

Leech missiles are screwing over the AI.

Postby evil713 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:38 am

Leech missiles are quite powerful weapons. however they only affect shields, but the ai does not understand that, it just sees the 75 points of damage.

I have been facing fleets of ships filled with nothing but leech missiles, which I find hilarious due to the fact im running ships without shield generators.

Either the missile needs to change, like a Dot effect or the ai needs to know its a secondary weapon to back up guns or real weapons.

User avatar
sven
Site Admin
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Leech missiles are screwing over the AI.

Postby sven » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:09 pm

evil713 wrote:Leech missiles are quite powerful weapons. however they only affect shields, but the ai does not understand that, it just sees the 75 points of damage.

I have been facing fleets of ships filled with nothing but leech missiles, which I find hilarious due to the fact im running ships without shield generators.

Either the missile needs to change, like a Dot effect or the ai needs to know its a secondary weapon to back up guns or real weapons.


Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Should be fixed soon.

User avatar
sven
Site Admin
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Leech missiles are screwing over the AI.

Postby sven » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:43 pm

sven wrote:
evil713 wrote:Either the missile needs to change, like a Dot effect or the ai needs to know its a secondary weapon to back up guns or real weapons.


Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Should be fixed soon.


As of r13676 (currently on stable) the AI should no longer be creating these sorts of designs.

evil713
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby evil713 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:00 am

Warp lane amplifier bonus does not apply to later range techs.

What I am trying to say is that the tech lists a 50% range bonus but the bonus does not apply itself later on as you go through the range enhancing techs. your only getting the 50% boost to the first range limit.

evil713
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby evil713 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:14 am

Gremak torpedo image is using the same one for the large disrupter mount.

edited by sven: should be fixed on dev (r13679).

User avatar
sven
Site Admin
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:02 pm

evil713 wrote:What I am trying to say is that the tech lists a 50% range bonus but the bonus does not apply itself later on as you go through the range enhancing techs. your only getting the 50% boost to the first range limit.


Good catch. That's a documentation error -- a while back I nerfed Warp Lane Amplifiers to just apply a flat 1 parsec range bonus. The system description should be fixed in the next patch.

User avatar
Captainspire
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:30 pm

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Captainspire » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:53 pm

Just a simple Research building Icon change

I waited a few turns after I researched the this research building improvement http://i.imgur.com/Z6zrrW5.jpg, but it still displays the second Research building type on planets http://i.imgur.com/hiWFzvl.jpg

Awaras
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:32 am

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Awaras » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:10 am

Captainspire wrote:Just a simple Research building Icon change

I waited a few turns after I researched the this research building improvement http://i.imgur.com/Z6zrrW5.jpg, but it still displays the second Research building type on planets http://i.imgur.com/hiWFzvl.jpg


It's the 'colored improvements' button under 'options'. I believe they decided that the simple icons are better because they are more readable.

User avatar
sven
Site Admin
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:52 pm

Awaras wrote:
Captainspire wrote:Just a simple Research building Icon change

I waited a few turns after I researched the this research building improvement http://i.imgur.com/Z6zrrW5.jpg, but it still displays the second Research building type on planets http://i.imgur.com/hiWFzvl.jpg


It's the 'colored improvements' button under 'options'. I believe they decided that the simple icons are better because they are more readable.


I'd thought I'd made a change such that switching to this icon set was impossible for players with installs as new as Captain's... So this is a bug. I should probably just remove support for this alternate icon set all together.

evil713
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby evil713 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:55 pm

Pulson Launchers do not fit on Yoral torpedo mounts, is this as intended?

User avatar
Arioch
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:56 am
Location: San Jose, California
Contact:

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Arioch » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:14 pm

evil713 wrote:Pulson Launchers do not fit on Yoral torpedo mounts, is this as intended?

Yes, I think that's appropriate. The Yoral torpedo mounts are just external racks; I don't think you could fit an energy torpedo launcher on them.

User avatar
JohnnyW00t
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:42 am
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby JohnnyW00t » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Auto completed battle shows enemy ships destroyed in the lost column instead of destroyed column. Uploaded as game_534.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (976.24 KiB) Viewed 5834 times


edited by sven: i believe this bug should be fixed as of r13815. let me know if you see any similar glitches in the future.

evil713
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby evil713 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:29 am

bug: logs game_555: dreadstar in queue causes blackscreen, dreadstar armed with stellar surge cannons.

evil713
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby evil713 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:49 am

bug: if you buy something and then change the design it will no longer be bought and you will of lost your money.

reffrence in this case was star bases bought on two worlds then upgraded shields and reactors in design.


Return to “Archives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest