Death's Hand and Codex Discoveries?

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
nweismuller

Death's Hand and Codex Discoveries?

Postby nweismuller » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:29 am

There are a couple of features that used to be rather common, a number of versions back, that I have not seen fire at all for quite a number of versions, and I wanted to check if this was intentional for these to be gone. First, Death's Hand raids, I have seen zero of for quite some time. Likewise, random discovery of codices for techs on the normal tech tree. I can see if the second was just testing the concept of codices before the Herald was implemented. If either of these were meant to be mere 'reduced in frequency', however, it might be worth checking, since, again, they stopped dead for me after certain versions.

Arioch

Re: Death's Hand and Codex Discoveries?

Postby Arioch » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:22 am

Since the number of possible events has increased significantly, I think it's probable that the frequency of any particular event has dropped accordingly.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:23 pm

Perhaps, but I've seen relatively large numbers of the 'newer' events, and absolutely zero instances of Death's Hand raids or codex discoveries after a certain point. This hasn't looked like 'reduced probability' to me, and I think I have a large enough sample size to be indicative. I think it's worth at least checking to make sure something wasn't inadvertently broken there.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Also haven't seen any pirate raids for a very log time now independently from event frequency
I get the Phidi Colonists event almost every game and some supergrain and mineral rich deposit discovery events now and then

Last time I saw them was well before the nerfing of Marauders many months ago but doubt there is a direct connection to that particular change
What might be though is that there have been some internal testing to see how well the AI fares with the above, and this event might have been deactivated and left like that (previously it pretty much occured once in every second game)

I didn't actually miss this event as the AI performinng better was of higher priority.
Now that the AI is capable it might be time for them to return: still some balancing might be needed for them as they started somewhat early and with numerous higher level tech

Return to “Testing”