Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.

Moderator: luciderous

PrivateHudson

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby PrivateHudson » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:55 pm

Game_9467. Autocombat at Dubhe in current and previous turns between my warships and enemy pop transports leads not to their surrender, as expected, but to their destruction.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:57 pm

PrivateHudson wrote:No hurry at all, the game is still perfectly playable.

I *think* I fixed the low res scaling issues in r38763. Let me know if you're still having trouble on that monitor.

PrivateHudson

Postby PrivateHudson » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:11 pm

Game_9486. Extreme case of a single most important AI deficiency: bad fleet movement when at war. Rewind several turns to see in motion. Due to being at the brink of financial collapse, I resolved to a little victorious war. Only one enemy system was in range, and the only chance at success was surprise attack. But when my fleet arrived, the enemy already waited. It would be the end, if not: 1) superior enemy fleet had not attacked on sight; 2) all (!) enemy fleet was diverted by a single scout; 3) all enemy fleet subsequently waited at Castor, not attempting to recapture anything, while my fleet chewed west half of their empire.

PrivateHudson

Postby PrivateHudson » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:12 am

Game_9487. Haduir declared war for "prosecution of noble Humans" before we (Gremak) had met them (Haduir). Next turn the same will do Orthin, also unmet. Contact with Haduir displayed standard first contact dialog, including option to declare (already raging) war. Suggest to either prevent DoWs to unmet players, or autocontact on DoW (as in Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri).

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:32 am

game_9489: Got requests simultaneously from the Ashdar Colonials and Humanity to declare war on and sever relations with the Tinkers. It proves that if you agree to sever relations with an empire you're now at war with, it sets you back to a state of peace! Can easily be verified, and is certainly a bug.

Return to “Testing”