Planet liberation

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
Shastar2005

Planet liberation

Postby Shastar2005 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi there,

i have another question.
When i conquer a Raiders planet, all slaves on it (e.g. humans, phili) have the "you invaded OUR planet" Malus.
Even if i liberate them, they are angry about that i end the reign of the raiders and liberate them.

Is there any tipp how to REALLY liberate a planet?

cheers
"Get off my land."

gaerzi

Re: Planet liberation

Postby gaerzi » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:57 pm

They're never happy about being invaded. Even if they were in your empire to begin with, then an enemy empire invaded, and then during the same war you took the planet back, they'll be upset about all these invasions.

However, these effects are temporary. After a few turns they decrease until disappearing entirely. Just keep a unit of tanks on the planet if there's a risk of revolt until the effect subsides. You can also build markets to increase morale, and specific races also have their own morale boosting things: markets are extremely effective for the Phidi, Orthin likes having research buildings, Humans are happy when the planet is undergoing city planning, etc.

And the liberated bonus stays around a longer than the invasion penalty, by the way.

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:30 am

Gaerzi is right. Make sure there is at least one Marketplace, and the unhappiness will sort itself out quickly.

(I like diverse settlements, so I pounce on the slavers as soon as I can.)

Shastar2005

Postby Shastar2005 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi,

thanks for the anwers, i didn't recognize this before. Now i can sleep better. :D

gaerzi wrote:You can also build markets to increase morale, and specific races also have their own morale boosting things: markets are extremely effective for the Phidi, Orthin likes having research buildings, Humans are happy when the planet is undergoing city planning, etc.

That's again something that is important to know. Well, would be nice there would be a wiki. ;)

Cheers
"Get off my land."

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:33 pm

Shastar, I'm going through the RaceIssues lua file now. Ignoring the obvious things like riots on the planet, dropping bombs, etc.:

Planet Activity - City Planning:
Humans and Refugees (and I think only humans are refugees at this point) get +20 happiness if the planet activity is city planning.
(To the devs, there is an "or" in the statement, and confirmed in a game. I understand that humanity is desperate to rebuild, but I think it would make a lot more sense if refugees got a large boost, but normal human colonists got a smaller +10 or +5 bonus.)

Planet Activity - Research:
Refugees are unhappy if you are doing research. They want places to live.
Orthin are nerds, and get happy when the planet is devoted to research.

Planet Improvement - Lab:
Orthin, it cannot be said enough, are nerds. If I am reading the table right, they get +5 happiness per lab on the planet. The morale message changes if you have 1-2 or 3+ labs, but it looks like the happiness is +5 per lab.

[EDITED] Planet Improvement - Markets:
Phidi are mercantile, and get +5 happiness per market on the planet. (This is not handled as a special morale modifier, like the Orthin's lovable nerdiness, but is simply an addition to the market's happiness calculation. So, you don't see a pop-up for this, the numbers are just different.)
(I'm going to experiment with giving a similar but smaller bonus to Spice Mongers.)

These bonuses do NOT depend on the empire. If you acquire Humans or Orthin, you can use City Planning or Research / Labs to make them happy.

Shastar2005

Postby Shastar2005 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:53 pm

Hey,

wow, thanks you for your efforts. :D
Unfortunatly the city planning bonus wont last forr long. ;)

Cheers
"Get off my land."

Return to “General Forum”