Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
bjg

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby bjg » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:45 pm

game_8245
Every (recent) game there are two (automatic) ship designs of the same type. This time it's two Battleships, use to be two Super-Dreadnoughts, two Military Transports. Sometimes they are the same (inside), sometimes not. Deleting one of them does no harm, so it's cosmetic (but annoying).

SgtArmyGuy

Postby SgtArmyGuy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:07 pm

Uploaded game_8251 along with a few bug reports. Getting this every time I press the End Turn button (started a few dozen turns into the game):

Code: Select all

Lua state\AI\planet_dispatch\dispatch_improvements.lua:165: attempt to index upvalue 'target' (a nil value)
Lua state\AI\planet_dispatch\dispatch_improvements.lua:165:measure:
 Lua state\@@util\get_optima.lua:53:get_min_key:
  Lua state\AI\planet_dispatch\dispatch_improvements.lua:160:select_prefered_improvement:Kochab II:
   Lua state\AI\planet_dispatch\dispatch_improvements.lua:235:improve_remaining_planets:Kochab II:
    Lua state\AI\handle_production.lua:350:set_production

Will continue my test game after fix! I want to see that new AI in action.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:08 pm

When colonizing a planet from a planet in the system system where the most common type of pop is slaves, the newly colonised planet rebels right at the beginning of the turn before slave drivers or tanks can be transproted over from the source planet

Solution: colonisation event should probably occur after calculation of revolts

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:18 pm

SgtArmyGuy wrote:Uploaded game_8251 along with a few bug reports. Getting this every time I press the End Turn button (started a few dozen turns into the game):

Should be fixed now (r38089). Thanks for the testing help.

SgtArmyGuy wrote:Will continue my test game after fix! I want to see that new AI in action.

Well, as I said in the other thread, while I think the latest AI is better than is was, it's still not as good as I think it needs to be. The balancing of the AI's build priorities is still pretty crude, and that can lead to underwhelming performance in some situations. I'm hopeful I can get it back to a better place with another day or two of tweaking...

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:49 pm

Enfi Slaves have thought on the side of rebels: the text for them states that they will never rebell but that does not necesseraly mean that they will not join a rebellion of another pop... My initial thought was that they never join a rebellion either and if this is the idea, then this does not currently work as intended

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:07 pm

Ancient Stargate effect does not apply for AI empires as seen below
Attachments
Stargate Bug.png
Stargate Bug.png (689.98 KiB) Viewed 18452 times

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:22 pm

In current development build, there does not seem to be any limit for tactical battles

I was waiting for the battle to end as a planetary invasion has coem to a stalemate but did not want to retreat as I have captured some enemy ships and want to maintain clockade - but the battle does not end :)
Attachments
Unlimited.png
Unlimited.png (181.76 KiB) Viewed 18444 times

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:03 pm

game_8289
A captured Ancien Stargate does not operate as a (normal) stargate. I believe it use to.

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:29 am

game_8323

Code: Select all

Lua state\GUI\Designer\DesignerPane.lua:1043: attempt to call upvalue 'planet_defenses_upkeep_formula' (a nil value)
Lua state\GUI\Designer\DesignerPane.lua:1043:
 Lua state\@@util\restore_color.lua:9:draw_stats:
  Lua state\GUI\Designer\DesignerPane.lua:1210:
   Lua state\GUI\Designer\DesignerPane.lua:1221:
    Lua state\@@util\metatable_tricks.lua:62

Can't open the planet defense design screen. It seems like something was broken while fixing.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:40 am

bjg wrote:Can't open the planet defense design screen. It seems like something was broken while fixing.

Oops :oops:. Sorry about that. Should be fixed in r38148. Thanks for the report.

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:49 pm

I think there is something broken in the Marauders logic implementation. You come (for a first time) with a stack of ships more than sufficient to take them down - and they ask for money. So you do take them down (and take their planet) the same turn - where is a fun in that? And now they will be "less easily threatened into forming trade relations with you"?! :?
However, Marauders are way more reasonable if they found you first - that makes me think that something isn't working as intended.

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:50 pm

game_8335
I'm at war with Tinkers. They where going to colonize the planet with their outpost on it (effectively theirs already). I've got a "blue" event offering to intercept - and now my fleet is positioned on their side with their station behind. Something is wrong here. Either I shouldn't have received a "blue" event (for two reasons), or fleets should've been positioned differently.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:40 pm

bjg wrote:game_8335
I'm at war with Tinkers. They where going to colonize the planet with their outpost on it (effectively theirs already). I've got a "blue" event offering to intercept - and now my fleet is positioned on their side with their station behind. Something is wrong here. Either I shouldn't have received a "blue" event (for two reasons), or fleets should've been positioned differently.

I think in this situation, you shouldn't have received the option to intercept. I've updated the logic so you can't intercept someone who's colonizing a planet they already own (r38168). Thanks for the report.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:55 am

Probably a bug: when capturing Tinker planet with harmonised pops, the pop (Human) became rebel right away

This might be due ot them rebelling, but there was also a Machine Altar on the planet

I would expect the harmonised pop to remain harmonised and only rebel when thre is no machine altar or military force to keep them in line in the next turn (same as slaves)

gaerzi

Postby gaerzi » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:25 pm

Minor nitpick of the day: the description of Atmosphere Generation is typoed: "We can build atmosphere processing infrastructre" should be infrastructure.

Speaking of which, the description talks about modifying the atmosphere instead of generating it; which is misleading -- it'll let you terraform barren planets (that don't have an atmosphere at all), but not inferno planets (that have an atmosphere, but one that's bad unless you're a Tarib).

Second minor nitpick: the hover text for Spice Monger population displays their name as "Spice_mongers", it should be "Spice Mongers" for consistency and for not looking like we're getting raw code strings in the human-language interface.

Return to “Testing”