Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
zolobolo

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby zolobolo » Sat May 04, 2019 10:35 am

Orthin requests player to join war agains a faction with which the player is already at war with

Game uploaded: game_8097

Thus player gets free influence for agreeing to "join" the war

SgtArmyGuy

Postby SgtArmyGuy » Sun May 05, 2019 4:19 am

UI issue in game_8099: after loading a save, the Adhara system is still doing a "repeat production" action on both planets but the UI is not showing the "infinity" symbol to indicate this, nor allowing to undertake new "repeat production" actions on the planet.

Dragar

Postby Dragar » Thu May 16, 2019 9:56 pm

The munitions and power values of Planet Defenses 1 don't appear to be formatted (and are showing the maximum float values, perhaps?).

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Dragar wrote:The munitions and power values of Planet Defenses 1 don't appear to be formatted (and are showing the maximum float values, perhaps?).

Oops. Should be fixed in r38008.

Dragar

Postby Dragar » Fri May 17, 2019 9:19 pm

Why does selecting the 'Trade' production at a colony *more* than double the coin output? It is exactly double for science.

Edit: for that matter, why does mining not exactly increase metal production by 1/3?

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Sat May 18, 2019 4:15 am

Dragar wrote:Why does selecting the 'Trade' production at a colony *more* than double the coin output? It is exactly double for science.

Edit: for that matter, why does mining not exactly increase metal production by 1/3?

I'm pretty sure what you're seeing with Trade is gross income doubling, making net income more than double, since the income reported on the top level is the net after building maintenance and hostile environment costs. Clicking on the coin value in the planet screen will give you a precise breakdown of income and expenses on the planet.

Dragar

Postby Dragar » Sat May 18, 2019 9:03 am

Ah, thanks.

bjg

Postby bjg » Tue May 21, 2019 10:51 pm

game_8141
Tinkers ask for help against Yoral while already being at peace with them. I've seen this sort of the "end turn" scrips behavior several times (in a few games) lately.

BTW (unrelated), in the same game Tinkers are not building factories (even in their own home system), and (almost) all being "sad".

bjg

Postby bjg » Tue May 21, 2019 11:24 pm

The Herald hates us for killing (wild) Arda Seed units, but still (regularly) coming and proposing to trade - with an empty list (probably because he hates us), - quite annoying.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed May 22, 2019 12:01 pm

bjg wrote:The Herald hates us for killing (wild) Arda Seed units, but still (regularly) coming and proposing to trade - with an empty list (probably because he hates us), - quite annoying.

The Herald should come with a punitive force in tail or turn tail?
Maybe it makes sense for it to still visit the player so the relationship status can be read
Otherwise this information needs to be available via the diplomacy screen which would be a bit strange considering their nature

Mithramuse

Postby Mithramuse » Wed May 22, 2019 7:57 pm

Creating outposts is now crashing the game? I thought at first it might be something with an outpost around a habitable planet, but it crashes on gas giants as well. Uploaded a few examples, I think the last was Game_8146.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed May 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Mithramuse wrote:Creating outposts is now crashing the game? I thought at first it might be something with an outpost around a habitable planet, but it crashes on gas giants as well. Uploaded a few examples, I think the last was Game_8146.

Yup, looks like it was any outpost. I really should have debugged this morning's patch more carefully, not sure how that one slipped through. A fix is up in r38023.

Mithramuse

Postby Mithramuse » Mon May 27, 2019 11:27 pm

"Error in the food shortage report formatter" uploaded as game_8165.

Basically agreed to zero out my surplus food to give a neutral human refugee planet 10 food/turn, then immediately turned around and asked them to join my empire. The food level went up to +9 instead of +10, so I guess the planet needs a food but the system deducted the 1/turn before adding back in the 10/turn I got back when they joined?

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Tue May 28, 2019 8:25 am

Enemy alliance offers peace after loosing considerable amount of ships and planets (one of them down to their single core planet) but no money or metal

There was a time when the AI offered up resources in exchange to make the deal interesting this might be prevented by something

If nothing is offered in return, there is no reason the player would want to accept unless pressured from another front as total victory is inevitable
If at least resources are offered the player might accept to save the time and micro to finish off the enemy totally and build up their destroyed planets

Edit: Just had a case where two warring empires have made peace and a whole star-system has switched ownership at the same time while the new owner did not have any ships in that system, so the system containing two planets seems to have been offered up by one AI to the other in exvchange for peace which is perfect as they were loosing and also great that the other side has accepted

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed May 29, 2019 9:19 pm

game_8171
During joined battle you can attack, destroy or capture your ally's (!) ships. He doesn't notice.
BTW, it's easy to attack them because their short range weapon don't shut your small crafts and missiles.

Return to “Testing”