Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
zolobolo

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby zolobolo » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:23 pm

Income of AI controlled empires is altered as seen by the below screen of a planetary income calculation when AI takes over

Can this be removed at least for Normal difficulty?
At least to see if the strategic AI can handle it - and if yes, then is not needed
Attachments
Income.PNG
Income.PNG (9.75 KiB) Viewed 21141 times

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:25 pm

There is no chance for revolt on AI controlled planet even though all of the pops are rebelling
Attachments
No Revolt.PNG
No Revolt.PNG (1.57 MiB) Viewed 21134 times

AMX

Postby AMX » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:25 pm

Pretty sure that's because all the pops are <1 million, so the rebels can't provide any militia units for the ground combat.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:23 pm

The below save contains two cases where AI gets stuck in only a few systems (like before outposts have been configured to be used by AI)
In most of my games I have one such empire, in this case, both Imperials and Tinkers have fallen into this behaviour

By playing a bit with Tinkers the reason seems to be this: They constanty run tight on Metal by trying to produce combat ships rather then a mobile base to expand their range: not sure if the AI even recognises this template as something that serves as an Outpost as it can be produced with ease and did not produce any in 100 turns withouth being under direct combat threat

The save also highlights a bug: Ancient Stargate travel speed reduction to 1 Turn does not apply when traveling outside of the empire borders (but still in range obviously). When starting a new game this is not the case, I have only seen this so far when AI is controlling the ships or when taking over from the AI

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jhhj3uxnje3pk7r/Prime%20Directive.zip?dl=0

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Here is another one where a faction is stuck in its expansion with no apperant reason:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0t4miqzwzxf320/War%20Birds.zip?dl=0

Its the Humans this time around: yo ucen see there is at least one colonisable planet in range + a Human refugee planet which they could take over any time due to the military transports they have already built

They have also not deployed new outposts for a very long time now: they had built one at the early phase but none in the last 50 turns or so which would enable them to find new colonisable planets

Just like in the save earlier, it seems they are prioratizing military ship production when there is no apperant reason for it and deprioratize expansion (outpost and colony ship)

Tested if the system has been "reserved" by another empire by colonizing it myself with the Human faction, but there was no message that a promise has been broken so guess it is not due to the new even card.
Noticed that the faction does not have Market researched yet: could it be due to this? The AI might think it makes no sense to colonize untill it can rush some markets to please the natives but why ignore the other planets then? + the natives in this particular instance have the "Friendly" attribute so no pacification is needed
Attachments
War Birds.zip
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 655 times

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Contested Border penalty disappears after colonisation has been prevented and replaced by that penalty

I assume both penalties should apply simultaniously after denying colonisation: there is still contested border

The contested border penalty reappears again with -10 if the player has colonised a new system next to the AI
Attachments
Before.PNG
Before.PNG (50.31 KiB) Viewed 21114 times
After.PNG
After.PNG (59.82 KiB) Viewed 21114 times

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Faster tactical animation option effect lost after reloading the game
Option needs to be disabled and re-enabled after reload to take effect

orvarth

Postby orvarth » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Arioch wrote:I think the Tinkers Forge only works for the Tinkers player, so the ability for other factions to salvage it is probably something that shouldn't work.

tinkers forge don't work on starbases (tinker) , it's seem only built_in forges are working .

human light carrier maintenance is 4 , seem a bit excessive .

ai can colonize harpy's system if they have military units , they usually lost the battle but colonize the planet anyway .

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:04 pm

Tinker's forge does not work on non tinker units at all I think. At least the ammunition replenishment aspect.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Bug: scientist missing required field "species"

Report sent: Game_7162

Error occured right after Gaia planet rebelled in Tyl system and became independent

Might be the new independent "faction" throwing the error as they cannot set research due to missing species definition. This is furhter strenghtened by the fact that I can ALT select the rebel planet as if it were a full-blown faction evne though it switches to black screen and endless stream of bug reports (but it does seem to be handles liek a full-blown faction in general)

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:18 pm

"nil value" error when peace offer is calculated - game uploaded: 7176

According to error message it probably only occurs for diplomacy update

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:19 pm

EMP missiles often deytroy ships and kill crew: should't they only damage systems?

Planet pops can be evacuated while systme is being blockaded by the enemy

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Error: "looks like an az started up a battle during end-turn processing"

Save uploaded: 7177

Dragar

Postby Dragar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:33 am

Something from the Steam Forums that I think Arioch has seen, but I don't want lost in the noise:

Ok, so it's a bug that orbital pops aren't staffing ground facilities. That's my main problem with them.

This planet is 1/6 + 4 and can't staff 2 mines.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1178129929

That's the preview before I build it, and here is the next turn after it's built:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1178130985

Unfortunately, the screenshots appear to have been removed. :/

But the basic premise of the bug report is that orbital pops aren't staffing ground facilities and they should.

Colt374

Postby Colt374 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:29 pm

I'm getting a game-killing bug with "set_production". Have to try and go back to a save game multiple turns before; if it's not enough turns back the problem keeps happening on the same turn.

Has happened multiple times in the current game and uploaded each one. Am running 37788

Code: Select all

Lua state\AI\planet_dispatch\dispatch_improvements.lua:154: attempt to index upvalue 'target' (a nil value)
Lua state\AI\planet_dispatch\dispatch_improvements.lua:154:measure:
 Lua state\@@util\get_optima.lua:45:get_min_key:
  Lua state\AI\planet_dispatch\dispatch_improvements.lua:149:select_prefered_improvement:
   Lua state\AI\planet_dispatch\dispatch_improvements.lua:209:improve_remaining_planets:Rastaban I:
    Lua state\AI\handle_production.lua:131:set_production

Have uploaded logs : 7216 is the latest.

edited by sven: This one should have been fixed in 37821.

Return to “Testing”