So, What’s Next?

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
DDPD

So, What’s Next?

Postby DDPD » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:50 pm

Are you guys working on the next DLC or is there currently a pause on content? Things are a bit quiet of late...

I’m certainly willing and ready to throw my money at you!

Arioch

Re: So, What’s Next?

Postby Arioch » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:52 pm

We're currently working on the diplomacy/AI patch.

DDPD

Postby DDPD » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:55 pm

When can we expect some new builds? Eager to see diplomacy changes and the upcoming DLC...

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:17 am

Agreed, the diplomacy update is huge deal for the game as it adresses the onl remaining mayor complaint of the original release - hasn't there been enough bug reports yet or some mayjor issues waiting to be adresses or features waiting for implementation?

As for the DLC, I am very much looking forward to new races as this is a game where each new races adds signifficant replay value due to the direct control of the ships (new designs are not only windows dressing but the player spends most of its time designing, positioning and controlling them in various battle scenarios

This is also mostly true for new pop unit types and accompanying art due to the well integrated pop MGMT concept (a negative example is ES2 where the beautiful pop art is hidden by default and repalced by abstract icons of identical stlye and color)

DDPD

Postby DDPD » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:34 pm

It’s sad to see no progress here in almost two months. I worry what that means for SiS’ future.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:16 pm

Be patient. There have occasionally been such lulls, but I'm sure there's work happening in the background neither you nor I is aware of, and the next major update will be coming.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:21 pm

There was one such break in between updates, then we got the tinkers. It's a worth while process one that has better results and payoff than most other indy games like this.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:27 pm

Sven and I have both had some distractions over the last month or so (he moved house, for one), but we should have some new test builds soon.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01 pm

Ah, good to hear the update. I hope Sven's move went smoothly, and that all is well with you both. Thanks for your great work on this game!

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Ah, cool, a minor update pushed out that I noticed today. Looking forward to seeing more!

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:04 am

I know I've been advocating patience, but I just hope development has been going well behind the scenes. Not a lot has been pushed out for testing lately, so it's hard to get a feeling what's been going on. I still have faith in you guys, and am grateful for the game you've made. :)

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:52 pm

nweismuller wrote:I know I've been advocating patience, but I just hope development has been going well behind the scenes. Not a lot has been pushed out for testing lately, so it's hard to get a feeling what's been going on. I still have faith in you guys, and am grateful for the game you've made. :)

I've just been more than a little distracted by my day-job of late. SiS remains my core passion project, but I wasn't able to make much time for it over the summer. I think I'll have time to get back into it soon.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:30 am

Just checking to see if there's any updates. Hoping you'll have enough free time to resume active development soon.

fonzosh

Postby fonzosh » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:02 am

Is the game dead in the water? Has seen any news or updates for more than half a year. I love this game, but several issues still need to be adressed and the game could expand a lot in complexity. If it is a money issue, Im sure the community could chip in. If it is a time issue, realease the code and make this a community game like "Battle of Wesnoth"

AMX

Postby AMX » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:56 pm

Looks like Sven forgot to update the Development Changelog thread... plus, the in-game changelog has the updates from last week mixed in with the updates from yesterday.

So, untangling a bit, here's everything newer than 2018-06-16 (last entry in the thread)...

Patch notes for 11/18/2018:
* Reduced research cost of 'Defense Grid'.
* Increased many agreement influence costs.
* Increased upkeep costs for mid/late game ship hulls.

Patch notes for 11/14/2018:
* Fix for a bug in the AI improvement selection logic.
* Balance tweaks for hard/brutal difficulty.

Patch notes for 08/20/2018:
* New "expansion request" event.

So as you can see, there was quite a lull in development but things are picking up again right now. :)

Return to “Testing”