Suggest - Features and Improvements

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
zolobolo

Re: Suggest - Features and Improvements

Postby zolobolo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Arioch wrote:
zolobolo wrote:Something to consider (if not outright prevented by the main code): planetary improvements should not downgrade if the occupying empire does not yet have the higher tech necessary.

More advanced equipment doesn't do you much good if you don't understand how to use it. The upgrades are free, implying that it's the process that has improved as much as the actual infrastructure.

From a game balance perspective, an empire that is capturing planets is obviously doing well; there's no need to give them additional benefits.

Fair enough with the tech

Regarding balance: it is not uncommon with the latest changes that both sides take a lot of planets hence my thought on this: if one race is inferior in thech but is more effective in combat it coudl be argued that they deserve to "wear" down their enemies like this so that the war is not drawn out that much between them but it is clearly not an issue at all, just balance consideration

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:39 pm

There is a cool way GC3 gets around turn times wonder if it could be applied here as well:

During AI turn processing, the player is left wondering around the strategic mapy and opening up status pages of planets and ships - just not issuing orders

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:30 am

Suggest to list the mounted type of squadrons on the top right corner of carriers in fleet view like seen below

Reason: I find myself reviewing all the carriers I see in enemy fleets (and sometimes in my own) to see what combination of squadrons they host to determine their capabilities and threat level (how well they can counter missiles, or how potent they are in offense)

The below image also shows color missmatch between the faction (Imperial) and its squadrons - took the squadron images from the details page of the same ship
Attachments
Squadrons.PNG
Squadrons.PNG (144.37 KiB) Viewed 21467 times

Dragar

Postby Dragar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:39 pm

Operating on the current beta (r37643), I'm seeing the Ashdar Colonials producing tons of military transports.

(I'd love to attach a save, but I cannot!)

fonzosh

Postby fonzosh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:56 am

4 suggestions in one post.

1. Suggestion: Equipment upgrades default when building ships.

Reason: So many times that Ive done this. Blueprint a ship with turbolasers and forgetting to mark rapidfire. So stupid :D

2. Suggestion: Another "Autoresolve: Capture" button on the combat screen

Reason: When I attack a planet I often try to take to orbital installations but it is ohhh so tedious. You shoot down the defense and possible
enemy ships, the spend 90% of battle time just to take the orbital installations. Would be logical to have this button which actually
stops all the ships from firing weapons and only concentrating on boarding whatever there is to board.

3. Suggestion: Have the same options for captured orbital installations as for ships

Reason: Stands to reason that you can reverse engineer techs that you find on the ships but not on the orbital installations

4. Suggestion: A button "Jump to planet in the list" when you are on the planet

Reason: Every time you want to move the colonists around to the said planet, you have to search for the planet in the list and then find the
planet that actually has the colonists you need to send. If the list already has the receiving planet shown, you could just search the
nearby system for the giving planet and directly transport the colonists by dropping them on the list.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:14 pm

fonzosh wrote:4. Suggestion: A button "Jump to planet in the list" when you are on the planet

Reason: Every time you want to move the colonists around to the said planet, you have to search for the planet in the list and then find the
planet that actually has the colonists you need to send. If the list already has the receiving planet shown, you could just search the
nearby system for the giving planet and directly transport the colonists by dropping them on the list.

I'm not 100% sure that I understand what you mean, but you can already use the planet report as both a source and a target for population movement commands. Shift-click (or click on the move colonists rollover icon) on a planet in the list to move population from that planet, and/or click on a planet in the list as a destination for population when you have a move in progress.

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Something should probably be done about the ship design UI to make it clearer that the list of available mods for a part can be interacted with.

It seems like a common issue that people don't realize that you can enable mods in the ship designer (I also have to admit that when I started playing I was tricked by it as well).

Perhaps something could be added like visible toggle buttons or checkboxes, to indicate that the list can be interacted with.

fonzosh

Postby fonzosh » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:03 am

Arioch wrote:
fonzosh wrote:4. Suggestion: A button "Jump to planet in the list" when you are on the planet

I'm not 100% sure that I understand what you mean, but you can already use the planet report as both a source and a target for population movement commands. Shift-click (or click on the move colonists rollover icon) on a planet in the list to move population from that planet, and/or click on a planet in the list as a destination for population when you have a move in progress.

What I suggest is being able to jump to the right planet in the planet report list by pressing a button (not as default when you select a planet, since this would mess upp moving around pop). As it is now, you have to search for the planet in the list

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:09 am

fonzosh wrote:
Arioch wrote:

What I suggest is being able to jump to the right planet in the planet report list by pressing a button (not as default when you select a planet, since this would mess upp moving around pop). As it is now, you have to search for the planet in the list

Which planet is "the right planet"?

AMX

Postby AMX » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:10 pm

I think fonzosh wants a way to pin one planet of his choice so it remains visible no matter where he scrolls the list (or pans the map, for that matter).

Consider this situation (that I've actually had a few times):
- I could really use some Orthin on this ocean world.
- Look through the list for a planet that has enough Orthin to send any.
- Keep looking
- Finally!
- ... where did I need those again?

Danath

Postby Danath » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:26 pm

In short, "bookmark" planet in the planets list so we don't have to memorize the name?

fonzosh

Postby fonzosh » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:43 pm

Arioch wrote:Which planet is "the right planet"?

Ok, lets explain it like this Planet A=receiving planet and planet B=Giving planet.

Lets say I wish to have some sort of population at a given planet (planet A). The easiest way to do this is go around the systems nearby and to find planet B with the appropriate population (many times, actually several planet B). Then you search the list for planet A and press the little yellow transport ship on planet B and drop the population directly on planet A in the list. It would be a lot smoother if you could, when visiting planet A, have a button that actually centers on the planet both in the galactic map and on the list, that way sparing alot of time searching for the right planet in the list (I normally play with 160 systems, so there are a lot of planets).

fonzosh

Postby fonzosh » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

1. Suggestion: Allow boarding Module, marine module and Transporter module in the hangar hard point

Reason: Well, Ive been playing around with humans and although their assault vessel is a really cool design, it looses its value when you have the transporter tech because of the hard points. Would also seem logical that the hangar hard point is a place to have both transporters and extra troops if it is needed

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:55 pm

Have human bombers carry a light hardpoint of the latest PD weapon tech available

Reasons:
1. The art off the ship already displays it (and is my fav BW :) - is an inceribly badass design)
2. Humans have sevveral huge disadvantages in early game and the AI is and will have trouble utilizing the perks of the race in mid-game. By having the most formiddable bombers in the game, human factions would automatically get a much needed boost around midd-game (they are almost always eliminated untill early-mid game)

It could work like this:
- The most advanced PD gun is available for each bomber and displayed similarly to the rocket loadout in description
- When an enemy rocket, AM, fighter, bomber or Shuttle moves within their range, these PD guns would fire automatically thus protecting the bombers from incoming AM or fighters priliminarry
- They would not shoot in offensive manner and thus only increase survivability of the bombers or in some cases that of other fleet elements nearby (no large balance chnage)

e.g.: This would provide a conisderable leg-up for human factions against Tinkers whereas today, Human AI will loose 9 out of 10 times.

Dragar

Postby Dragar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:18 pm

A suggestion to make battles a bit more interesting:

a) 'Lance' type weapons, fired forwards (usually) with a very narrow arc of fire, only mountable on larger ships. Given limited turning abilities, this would make positioning a bit more interesting.

b) Weapons that reduce movement power ('inertial dampeners') or ability of ships to turn. A tactic that's more interesting when weapons have narrower firing arcs.

Return to “Testing”