Suggest - Features and Improvements

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Dragar

Re: Suggest - Features and Improvements

Postby Dragar » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:43 am

When hovering my mouse over a planet in the list overview, could the system it occupies be highlighted somehow on the galaxy map (even just having a glowy aura)?

siyoa

Postby siyoa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:35 am

fonzosh wrote:
harpy eagle wrote:
fonzosh wrote:See the species in the planet list

I suggest a small feature to be able to see the species in the planet overwiev. As it is now, I either rename the planet to show what species that inhabit the planet or I have to search each planet for the specific species I need. Why I suggest such a feature is that I often use non organic sppecies for my mining planets, thus not having a problem with food.

Suggestion: Allow a small graphical icon appear next to each planet name in the list overview the shows the different species that inhabits the planet. Also allow for the drop down meny on the overview list to sort the planets by species.

Would something like this work for you?

I was rather thinking in the planet list view (the window to the left of the screen that shows a list of all the planets). Since I often play with 150+ star systems it cames soemtimes become a nuisance to find exactly the right species that you need and to be able to see an overview of this without clicking each individual system would make it a lot better.
Attachments
planetary_report_03.jpg
planetary_report_03.jpg (51.36 KiB) Viewed 20381 times
E_GUI.7z
(10.41 KiB) Downloaded 635 times
How did YOU get a key? All right, go in.

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:07 am

siyoa wrote:attachment

I wonder how hard it would be to create a new panel to show pop demographics. It would look like the planet list panel except the progress bar would be removed and replaced with an array of pop icons.

I guess you could access it by clicking on the food income indicator, nothing uses that currently.

EDIT: I managed to put it together. It uses your code to draw the pop icons. What do you think?

siyoa

Postby siyoa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:39 am

harpy eagle wrote:

I wonder how hard it would be to create a new panel to show pop demographics. It would look like the planet list panel except the progress bar would be removed and replaced with an array of pop icons.

I guess you could access it by clicking on the food income indicator, nothing uses that currently.

EDIT: I managed to put it together. It uses your code to draw the pop icons. What do you think?

beauty :D

I was thinking about creating new panel as well, never got around to do it, I guess I don't need to anymore ;)

fonzosh

Postby fonzosh » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:45 am

harpy eagle wrote:

Perfect, exactly what I was thinking of. I hope we can see it implemented in the vanilla game soon. Where can I get it now, os this something the devs are thinking of putting in in a coming patch?

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Wed May 02, 2018 7:01 pm

When you capture a ship, after either a certain research level or how many time you handed the ship over to the science team, can actually build that ship under your empire's color scheme.

Ashbery76

Postby Ashbery76 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:45 pm

harpy eagle wrote:

I would also add something to show maxed out population number.10/12 etc like Moo did.

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Thu May 03, 2018 8:15 pm

Not sure where to put that so that the panel wouldn't be cluttered. I'm trying to match the rest of the GUI style as much as possible.

Speaking of which, I've added a top bar icon to access the population report from. I think it's a lot more intuitive than clicking on the food icon.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu May 03, 2018 11:16 pm

There's a temptation to try to squeeze too much into a small screen element that's supposed to a shortcut.

I think there should probably eventually be a dedicated new full-screen spreadsheet colony report screen that would be much more flexible in terms of sorting and visualization than the small planet report that's meant to be open all the time.

Captainspire wrote:When you capture a ship, after either a certain research level or how many time you handed the ship over to the science team, can actually build that ship under your empire's color scheme.

Interesting idea. Though maybe that would be appropriate as a faction-specific special feature.

siyoa

Postby siyoa » Fri May 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Captainspire wrote:When you capture a ship, after either a certain research level or how many time you handed the ship over to the science team, can actually build that ship under your empire's color scheme.

you can do it manually using this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=523

what I usually do, when I scrap 3 of the same ship, I add it for my empire to have access to that design ... yeah, you have to do it manually and remember to wipe it before starting a new game ... sorry, I am too lazy to write a code for it (and probably not capable :P anyway)

orvarth

Postby orvarth » Sun May 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Humanity could access upgraded versions of her carrier and battleship (just a little bit) if reverse engineering lots of these enemy ships , that 's fit

the ingenious scavenger background of human faction .

Or hybrid version between factions captured ship (but that would make a lot of new designs ).

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun May 13, 2018 2:23 pm

orvarth wrote:Humanity could access upgraded versions of her carrier and battleship (just a little bit) if reverse engineering lots of these enemy ships , that 's fit

the ingenious scavenger background of human faction .

Or hybrid version between factions captured ship (but that would make a lot of new designs ).

Yes, that would be awesome as a race specific trait!
It would mean a lot of work designing the hybrid ships but would lend a huge replay value to that race in and of itself not to mention that this would mean that a player can chose their designs sort of on the fly: I rely like those Gremak Command Cruisers lets capture it to get some Hybrids rolled out :)

Considering the workload involved this would probably best be served via a new race which only has very limited designs 1-2 by itself without capturing anything, though admittedly, Humans are already geared towards boarding so would also fit them but they already have almost all ship types covered

If a new race is created it would only need a basic destroyer hull for scouts and base gunships + a light carrier (e.g.: swarm carrier) that can host the race specific small crafts and has enough hard-points to scale from mid to late game to fill various fleet roles together with the Destroyer even if no enemy ships are captured

orvarth

Postby orvarth » Mon May 14, 2018 12:41 pm

a special abilitie for the human scavenger carrier : repair and replace

abilitie to replace 1 fighter/turn , and repair nearby ships armor and systems 5% , that would fit the survivalist/scavenger background of the human faction .

Dragar

Postby Dragar » Mon May 14, 2018 3:21 pm

Dragar wrote:When hovering my mouse over a planet in the list overview, could the system it occupies be highlighted somehow on the galaxy map (even just having a glowy aura)?

I just noticed that something close to this already exists - when hovering over a planet in the list overview, the little planets on the galaxy map have their orbital rotation increased. So the link is already there - it just needs a sightly more obvious graphical effect.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat May 19, 2018 7:24 am

Can we have some visual effects for Interceptor and Bomber hits on enemy targets like we do for the impact from other weapon types?
Is it planned to have some visual representation of shield hits?

Return to “Testing”