Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:08 am

harpy eagle wrote:Sometimes when a planet is set to city planning, when going to the next turn it will be taken off city planning and a report issued stating that "We were unable to continue city planning at..." despite there being ample food.

I believe this one should have been fixed in today's patch (r22150).

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:00 am

Uploaded "game_6571"
I know it's on brutal settings, but with humanity being the way it is and having a +15 to relations, do they really need to go to war with me the 2nd turn after we met? Also, maybe its me, but it seems the humans, in general, are a lot more likely to go to war with you than most other races. Even when they have no chance.

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Damage numbers no longer appear in combat, even with all mods disabled.

Gonna verify the game file integrity in steam and test again.

EDIT: Yep, still no damage numbers.

Has anyone else experienced this?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:01 pm

harpy eagle wrote:EDIT: Yep, still no damage numbers.

In 'Developer Options' do you have 'battle info text' turned off? (When they first went in, the fly-out numbers were an optional feature, and so for historical reasons devs/modders still have a button that turns them off.)

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:28 pm

sven wrote:
harpy eagle wrote:EDIT: Yep, still no damage numbers.

In 'Developer Options' do you have 'battle info text' turned off? (When they first went in, the fly-out numbers were an optional feature, and so for historical reasons devs/modders still have a button that turns them off.)

Yep, that was the issue XD

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:54 pm

attempt to call local 'color' (a nil value)

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:58 pm

harpy eagle wrote:attempt to call local 'color' (a nil value)

Looks like you've created a new fleet mission type, but haven't defined a color for it when used with the ai debugging overlays. Um, there's a couple ways one could fix that :) Either extend the table, or just change line 166 to something like:

Code: Select all

local color = mission_to_color[mission or 'none'] or white

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:06 pm

sven wrote:Looks like you've created a new fleet mission type, but haven't defined a color for it when used with the ai debugging overlays. Um, there's a couple ways one could fix that :) Either extend the table, or just change line 166 to something like:

Thanks, that fixed it.

I did some searching and the mission type was 'outpost', created from outpost_fleets.lua

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:16 pm

harpy eagle wrote:I did some searching and the mission type was 'outpost', created from outpost_fleets.lua

Oops, that a bug in my debugging tool then. I'll fix it ;)

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Raiders improperly eliminated

Using mods strategic and tactical AI but should not affect this

Save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8w524lhq05y1 ... 1.rar?dl=0
Attachments
Raider Eliminated.png
Raider Eliminated.png (27.82 KiB) Viewed 15164 times

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:51 am

The new missile arts are beautiful, they fit the style of the game perfectly and look awesome (crisp and modern look)
Are there any plans to do an update on the Ion-Point Denfese, Phidi Fighters/Bombers, Railgun and the Repair Module?

One note: Gremak still do not have access to torpedoes (there was an update in change log that Orthin and Gremak can now research Heavy Missiles.)

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Population units can be transported out and on to planets despite the planet being under blockade by an enemy fleet

It has been mentioned before that moving pop out of the planet should not be possible
In case of incoming pop I imagine it would be slightly more difficult to handle the situation with the transports already being there. In this case, the transports might enter a fleet battle (attacking) the enemy blockade and auto-retreat to the nearest friendly system

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:27 am

zolobolo wrote:Are there any plans to do an update on the Ion-Point Denfese, Phidi Fighters/Bombers, Railgun and the Repair Module?

What kind of update? The Phidi already have faction-specific fighters and bombers.

zolobolo wrote:One note: Gremak still do not have access to torpedoes (there was an update in change log that Orthin and Gremak can now research Heavy Missiles.)

Change got reverted. Will be restored in the next version.

zolobolo wrote:Population units can be transported out and on to planets despite the planet being under blockade by an enemy fleet

It has been mentioned before that moving pop out of the planet should not be possible
In case of incoming pop I imagine it would be slightly more difficult to handle the situation with the transports already being there. In this case, the transports might enter a fleet battle (attacking) the enemy blockade and auto-retreat to the nearest friendly system

Well, it's the system rather than the planet that's blockaded, so I could see that you should still be able to move population between planets in the same system, but transports shouldn't be able to move pop out of a blockaded system.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Arioch wrote:What kind of update? The Phidi already have faction-specific fighters and bombers.

In case of the guns (Ion PD - single barrel, Railgun) I was thinking on the details: almost all of the guns are quite neatly details, and only in case of these I get an odd feeling as if they were supposed to be smaller and were magnified - maybe a tube (containing wiring) of sorts curling to the back of the barrel? Especially in case of the AM models, the details are very neat and it is more apparent if one module is not that detailed (and quite large to boot like the single-barreled PD gun)

In case of Phidi small crafts its a similar case. Compared to the details on Yoral or Human craft they are lagging behind but in their case I also have a feeling as if they are slightly out of focus (maybe they were created in larger/small size originally and then re-scaled later?...

Arioch wrote:Well, it's the system rather than the planet that's blockaded, so I could see that you should still be able to move population between planets in the same system, but transports shouldn't be able to move pop out of a blockaded system.

We currently can evac systems and move in new pops into the system even if the system is blockaded. Haven't tried between planets yet

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:50 am

The AI was transferring 1 pop of Enfi from Sabik to Suhail III. While enroute the colony was destroyed by the Orthin. After arriving, the transport was redirected to itoran, a system with an outpost but no colonies. Once it arrived at itoran, it looks like the AI sent it back to suhail (green dashed line instead of blue), and once it got there this happened.

Return to “Testing”