Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
zolobolo

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby zolobolo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:53 pm

Haven't seen Arda Seed Herald, Steward, engineer and Harpy Nest yet - should they already in game or only Medator came to the mix at this point?

The Herald is coming via a Medator class

silverkitty23

Postby silverkitty23 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:09 pm

did you make nice with the Herald?

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:46 pm

silverkitty23 wrote:did you make nice with the Herald?

Didn't rip their Herald apart when it first popped up but besides that no, I haven't bought anything from them if that is what you mean.
Does that trigger something?

silverkitty23

Postby silverkitty23 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:07 pm

zolobolo wrote:
silverkitty23 wrote:did you make nice with the Herald?

Didn't rip their Herald apart when it first popped up but besides that no, I haven't bought anything from them if that is what you mean.
Does that trigger something?

When I saw the herald, I had 2 options: make nice or declare war. I chose "make nice" and then didn't buy anything and he flew away. I suspect if I had chosen war, that might have brought on bigger/badder ships to come after me. Might still happen if I violate the terms by exploring a hyperspace anomaly, but I dunno. I haven't played both ways.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:31 pm

silverkitty23 wrote:When I saw the herald, I had 2 options: make nice or declare war. I chose "make nice" and then didn't buy anything and he flew away. I suspect if I had chosen war, that might have brought on bigger/badder ships to come after me. Might still happen if I violate the terms by exploring a hyperspace anomaly, but I dunno. I haven't played both ways.

Didn't declare war, Herald came to me 4-5 times, then declared war and invaded and wiped all 6 nodes clear from Harpies - since I didn't get any diplomatic notification regarding this nor saw the other ships from the concept arts, I suspect that something is up with the script controlling them

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:56 pm

zolobolo wrote:Haven't seen Arda Seed Herald, Steward, engineer and Harpy Nest yet - should they already in game or only Medator came to the mix at this point?

The Herald is coming via a Medator class

They're not in game yet. The Herald should be added in the next patch, and the others not long after that.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:58 pm

game 5279
World grumium I was populated by the ashdar imperials, and died out due to a blockade. Now it is showing derelict colony as if it had not been previously colonized. Bug or feature?

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:13 pm

Enemy colonizing fleet still prompts for the Hail diplomatic event even though we are at war

I don't think this is a problem from a mechanical perspective, but the tone of the dialog does not match the fact that the two empires discussing colonization are already at war with each other

silverkitty23

Postby silverkitty23 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:53 am

silverkitty23 wrote:if I hit "send bug report" is that all I need to do, or do you also like a post here?

I never got an answer to this, probably because so many other posts happened in the meantime. I'm more concerned with this question than even the bug I mentioned in that post (even though it's rendered one of my saves completely useless because it always crashes when I hit "next turn")

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:46 pm

silverkitty23 wrote:
silverkitty23 wrote:if I hit "send bug report" is that all I need to do, or do you also like a post here?

I never got an answer to this, probably because so many other posts happened in the meantime. I'm more concerned with this question than even the bug I mentioned in that post (even though it's rendered one of my saves completely useless because it always crashes when I hit "next turn")

It helps to post here and describe the conditions for reproducing the bug, but it's not strictly necessary, especially if it seems obvious. It also raises the visibility of the bug above those that don't have a description.

rustyi

Postby rustyi » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:48 am

New bug (I think) - I'm finding I can load torpedo's into missile slots. I saw the recent patch to fighters/torpedos and wasn't sure if this was WAI

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:12 pm

Tinker AI does not seem to harmonize pops

In the attached image you can see that the Tinker AI has taken a planet with Human and Gremak pop
It has built Machine Altar and has sufficient forces on the ground

Converting the Humans might be blocked due to them being slaves already - or the AI might think they are more useful as slaves (that is unlikely)
Harmonizing the Gremak would absolutely make sense as they are already rebellious and hence do not produce anything. Since all of the pre-reqs are there, and they are not contributing + causing risk of rebellion, they should be harmonized right?
Attachments
No_harmonisation.JPG
No_harmonisation.JPG (195.32 KiB) Viewed 18878 times

Awaras

Postby Awaras » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Playing as Tinkers, the first planet I colonized had scavengers on them. After a few turns, before the first machine altar was built, the planet rebelled. I sent a few troop carriers to conquer it back, and when I did, I got the 'ZOMG! We found alien tinkers' event. Not sure if that is intended?

Also, D'oh. I thought I would be able to harmonize scavengers. :D

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:00 pm

To Awaras, there are currently no assets for Harmonized lesser races, just as there are no slave assets for them (so you can't enslave them). A possible way around this would be that lesser races have biologies more poorly understood, and conversion is a one-way trip. You can use biological components for Pell and Scavengers to make new Tinkers, but the race becomes extinct forever.

(Quick aside, personally I don't like the idea of un-harmonizing the races. I think the process should be slow, as they resume having [or cloning] biological offspring and the older harmonized members die off. This mechanic would also work well with "we don't know enough about the extinct Pell to clone any more".)

To Zolololo, I think harmonization only works on "plain" species. I don't think it works on slaves or rebels. I'm not sure about refugees.
[EDIT: It seems I was wrong. Sub-groups are ignored if the main group can be Harmonized.]
Last edited by akkamaddi on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:30 pm

Harmonization works on slaves, and rebels, so long as the base population type can be harmonized.

Return to “Testing”