Heavy Weapons Balance

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
zolobolo

Heavy Weapons Balance

Postby zolobolo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Can you please adjust range damage and special effect modifiers a bit so that each heavy weapon type is useful for some purpose?

The problem currently is that Rail-gun trumps all as it has the same range, the highest damage, and it does not loose efficiency over distance

Another problem is more esthetic: I just happen to enjoy many of the other heavy and medium weapons art on the heavy mount much better (Ion Cannon and Distruptor batteries with three barrels on capital ship would look awesome) but currently, using them is just a poor tactical choice :(

Maybe it would be logical to keep the long range of the heavy weapons but reduce their damage (or at least that of the Railgun), and have medium mounts cause more damage from medium to close range

BTW: did you notice that there is no "Railgun" just "Heavy Railgun"? :)

wminsing

Re: Heavy Weapons Balance

Postby wminsing » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:03 pm

I think the intent was that some of the weapons would have different damage 'types' which would make some weapons better in certain situations than others. Hopefully this gets added in the DLC. I agree the Heavy Rail Gun is just OP. :)

-Will

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:05 pm

wminsing wrote:I think the intent was that some of the weapons would have different damage 'types' which would make some weapons better in certain situations than others. Hopefully this gets added in the DLC. I agree the Heavy Rail Gun is just OP. :)

-Will

I hope you are right.

Trying to avoid the railgun but it is so damn hard: Hevy Ion costs more production even though it has less then third of the firepower and looks much cooler on my ships :(

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:21 pm

We will be doing some balance tweaks.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Arioch wrote:We will be doing some balance tweaks.

Awesome!

It will be super to use all the great variety of weapons

Return to “Testing”