Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
halftea

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby halftea » Sat May 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Minor grammar typo when you end a war with the Black Broadswords Raider group. Broadswords is already plural, so "Broadswordses" kind of sticks out as wrong.
typo.JPG
typo.JPG (34.03 KiB) Viewed 27527 times

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun May 21, 2017 1:21 am

We hates the Black Broadswordses, precious!

halftea

Postby halftea » Sun May 21, 2017 11:12 pm

thumbsup.png
thumbsup.png (2.48 KiB) Viewed 27509 times
:lol:

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Wed May 24, 2017 6:18 am

Text of food shortage notification changes as it is dismissed
Build r20334 (dev)

Uploaded as game_3864

The uploaded game as a food shortage notification; "We anticipate a shortfall of -1(foodicon)! Build(farmicon) to avoid starvation!". When you dismiss this by clicking on the X the text changes as it is dismissed. I wasn't able to catch a screenshot, but repeating it a few times to catch parts of it I think it says something like "Thanks to your actions the food crisis has been resolved". But it definitely hasn't been, -1 food still as it is dismissed.

Edit: Also, looks like if you get this notification due to a blockade, but don't dismiss it before resolving the blockade, the text changes to "Starvation warnings due to blockades still need to be written up / tested!". It looks like the text of this one also changes as above when dismissed.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Thu May 25, 2017 6:19 am

Crash during turn rollover, appears related to removing raiders from map.
Build r20334 (dev)

Uploaded as game_3870

Backing up and ending turn generates it again. Does not appear related to any action I'm taking, one of the AIs clearing a base? None of the marauders that I'm aware of are being killed that I can see.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Thu May 25, 2017 7:03 am

Bombardment tech erroneously claims 2 battlemechs have been killed by bombardment.
Build r20334 (dev)

Uploaded as game_3871

As soon as I drop a single bomb on Algor, the status text below will show whatever I actually killed, plus two battlemechs. The mech count does not decline from the initial 7, and examining the planet directly after the bombardment will also show the initial 7.

Edit: Later on I was able to start bombing the planet in earnest. After bombing out 4 battlemechs, the text still claimed that just 2 had been killed. So it seems to be an in-place-of error instead of a wrong-count error Uploaded as game_3872.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Thu May 25, 2017 8:03 am

Freeing a small number of slaves gives a +0 modifier, which receives an unhappy face icon.
Build r20334 (dev)

Enslaved and released a group of 358k teros. The liberation bonus seems tied to population, and at these low numbers it is zero. Which is fine, but I would expect that any displayed morale item with a + sign next to it would be using the smiley face.
Abradolf Lincler.PNG
Abradolf Lincler.PNG (14.15 KiB) Viewed 27477 times

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Thu May 25, 2017 8:13 am

Farming improvement text doesn't seem to reflect fertility changes
Build r20334 (dev)

Same saves previously uploaded, world Mongolia III. Arid planet with high fertility:
Mongolia's stat block.PNG
Mongolia's stat block.PNG (56.1 KiB) Viewed 27476 times

Examining the production of the one farm shows the text:
Mongolia's food output.PNG
Mongolia's food output.PNG (162.39 KiB) Viewed 27476 times

The text at the top says there will be no citizen production, then goes on to enumerate exactly how much food the citizens do actually produce.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Thu May 25, 2017 8:30 am

City Planning project claims to double food consumption, does not actually do that consistently.
Build r20334 (dev)

Seems to use from no extra food to the listed twice.

Farin I -> 2,526,071 humans and 2,008,868 Haduir, 5 food use, no change when doing city planning.
We Made It I -> 5,448,462 humans, food use goes 5 to 7.
Kobold I -> 2,969,834 humans, food use goes from 3 to 4.

I can't tell the pattern here. Although, I have not yet found a fertile world that cost less than the listed 2x multiple, so it might have something to do with low fertility worlds.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Thu May 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Food use from City Planning is capped at the food required for the maximum planetary population. If you have greater than half the maximum population on the planet, City Planning will not double consumption. I've seen some oddness about this with Pell, where it doesn't seem to take into account the presence of photosynthetic citizens when calculating maximum food use, but otherwise this has been a reliable predictor for me.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Thu May 25, 2017 7:12 pm

nweismuller wrote:If you have greater than half the maximum population on the planet, City Planning will not double consumption.

This could easily be it; most of my worlds using growth are arid worlds with ~5 population cap, while the better worlds that I do have are nowhere near half population yet. Farin I there is pop max six for example, I believe, while We Made It I was seven I think.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Sat May 27, 2017 4:21 pm

Quantum decryption tech lets you maintain a blockade after fleeing battle.
Build r20334 (dev)

Behavior: Capturing a ship in battle when you have quantum decryption tech allows you to retreat with captured ships. Retreating from a battle over a blockaded world causes your fleet to be moved 1 turn out and breaks the blockade for the turn. After battle you may choose to integrate or scrap a captured ship. If you integrate a ship captured during a blockade you retreated from, it will be placed over the world you retreated from and maintain the blockade, while the rest of the fleet re-arrives next turn.

Expected: I would expect the integrated ship to be added to the rest of the retreated/retreating fleet, therefore breaking the blockade and letting them eat for a turn.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Sun May 28, 2017 5:18 am

Attempting to scuttle a space station in orbit of a world you do not control causes crash.
Build r20298, Steam

Uploaded as game_3882

Behavior: Capturing a space station in combat, and then failing to capture the planet after combat, results in a station you control in orbit of a world you do not. On the following turn the station will be scrapped for you, no issues. However, if you attempt to scrap it yourself on the turn you've captured it you get the crash indexing local 'planet' (a nil value).

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Mon May 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Transporting population via stargate to a system shared with another empire with ships in orbit, whom you are not at war with, makes the population disappear until the next turn.
Build r20298, Steam

Uploaded as "game_3889"

Behavior: Colony in the Dziban system, one is mine and 2 are gremak. We are not at war and a marauder fleet is one turn out. I am attempting to move 2 units of population and 1 battlemech from Liberia to Dziban via stargate. Here are the starting conditions of the planets:
population disappears - Liberia before.PNG
population disappears - Liberia before.PNG (368.59 KiB) Viewed 27426 times
population disappears - dziban before.PNG
population disappears - dziban before.PNG (336.86 KiB) Viewed 27426 times

And here is going through the motions to move the population and mech:

population disappears 01.PNG
population disappears 01.PNG (484.14 KiB) Viewed 27426 times

population disappears 02.PNG
population disappears 02.PNG (433.71 KiB) Viewed 27426 times

population disappears 03.PNG
population disappears 03.PNG (970.33 KiB) Viewed 27426 times

No 'transports arrived' notification appears, Dziban continues to be 1 population, unchanged from first screenshot. But now Liberia no longer has the population either:
population disappears - Liberia after.PNG
population disappears - Liberia after.PNG (340.03 KiB) Viewed 27426 times

Once the turn processes, the population does appear properly.

I was not able to get this to happen at systems which did not contain a non-human fleet, even if shared.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Mon May 29, 2017 6:58 pm

Black screen with unignorable crash error after advancing action tracker into a planet destruction event while viewing the planet about to be destroyed.
Build r20298, Steam

Uploaded as "game_3891"

Behavior: Advancing the turn tracker while examining a world about to be destroyed causes an unrecoverable black screen crash. Restarting the game is required, cannot ignore it.

Reproduce:
1) Get planet destroying weapon.
2) Use planet destroying weapon on world. Perhaps Alderaan.
3) Back up the action tracker by one step, to when Alderaan still existed.
4) Examine Alderaan. Be satisfied you made the right call.
5) Advance the action tracker one step, with Alderaan's window still open.
6) See crash as below.

The Black Death.PNG
The Black Death.PNG (36.82 KiB) Viewed 27423 times

Return to “Testing”