Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
zolobolo

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby zolobolo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Derelict colony event is active for planet "Misam II" but after colonization, there is nothing on the planet.
Have seen this occurring very frequently since the last steam update

Save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqnhxpxm9je8jdr/DerelictColony.rar?dl=0

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:56 pm

"Retry" in battle summary window does not restart the battle
Workaround: Close report, undo battle and re-fight possible but "Retry" button itself does not seem to not have a function currently

bjg

Postby bjg » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:52 pm

zolobolo wrote:"Retry" in battle summary window does not restart the battle
Workaround: Close report, undo battle and re-fight possible but "Retry" button itself does not seem to not have a function currently

You can replay it, but not change the course of actions. Intentional? Sven mentioned some special key combinations to switch between modes, but they didn't work (for me) than, so I've forgotten them.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:51 pm

zolobolo wrote:"Retry" in battle summary window does not restart the battle

This is a known issue.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Do you have the bug regarding the Marauder payoff in scope? Specifically the fact that the tribute is only paid once instead of every turn?

It seems like a low hanging fruit to fix effort wise and would make the game much more difficult while elevating some pressure off the AIs which are both very good things :)

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:47 pm

zolobolo wrote:Do you have the bug regarding the Marauder payoff in scope? Specifically the fact that the tribute is only paid once instead of every turn?

It seems like a low hanging fruit to fix effort wise and would make the game much more difficult while elevating some pressure off the AIs which are both very good things :)

It is known.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:05 am

Refitting a ship or orbital facility via planetary production causes the planet to be set to automatic production.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:21 am

Chasm wrote:Refitting a ship or orbital facility via planetary production causes the planet to be set to automatic production.

Neat. :D

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:03 am

Working as intended then ?

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:41 pm

When intervening in an invasion between two of my allies, a number of interesting things happened:
1. The diplomatic relationship did not suffer from me attacking one of my allies to protect the other (has been reported before)
2. The alliance did not dissolve with the party whom I attacked (also reported)
3. Battle ended when all the ships protecting my weaker allies planet have been destroyed although its planetary defenses remained (this is new)

So once the battle was over, I was still standing next to the planet together with the invasion force :)
Logically the battle should have continued until one of the original two side was totally annihilated, but as the attacker did not retreat, nor the planet destroyed, I guess this is a bug in this scenario

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Uploaded "Game_3114"

Issue: All of enemy fleet vanishes.

The Ashdar fleet was pretty formidable and caused a lot of back and forth. Then around 1502-3 the entire fleet vanished. The Yoral with their tiny fleets attacked and so do I but encountered zero ships from the Ashdar.

I get the feeling its that maintenance bug that wipes the ships because of money issues

Uploaded "Game_3116"

I went back and continued when the fleet still existed. This was the last turn before the entire Ashdar fleet vanished.
I'm not sure if it makes any difference, it happened right after a Council Result

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Chasm wrote:Working as intended then ?

I doubt that very much. :D

zolobolo wrote:When intervening in an invasion between two of my allies, a number of interesting things happened:
1. The diplomatic relationship did not suffer from me attacking one of my allies to protect the other (has been reported before)
3. Battle ended when all the ships protecting my weaker allies planet have been destroyed although its planetary defenses remained (this is new)

As mentioned in the other thread, this behavior is temporary but intended. We need to add ways of working out these kinds of disputes so that we can make it impossible to fire on another faction's ships without a declaration of war.

Captainspire wrote:Uploaded "Game_3114"

The Ashdar fleet was pretty formidable and caused a lot of back and forth. Then around 1502-3 the entire fleet vanished. The Yoral with their tiny fleets attacked and so do I but encountered zero ships from the Ashdar.

I get the feeling its that maintenance bug that wipes the ships because of money issues

Uploaded "Game_3116"

I went back and continued when the fleet still existed. This was the last turn before the entire Ashdar fleet vanished.
I'm not sure if it makes any difference, it happened right after a Council Result

As you suspected, the Ashdar Colonials had a massive (-81) budget shortfall and had to scrap all of their ships. I don't know if you can call that a "bug," but obviously that's not a desirable behavior.

I'm not a fan of auto-scrapping ships during budget shortfalls in the first place. We've just added a new mechanism for ships to be inactive on the map (so that ships being refitted don't "disappear" and can still be attacked); this might be a better way of handling ships for which you can't pay the maintenance costs, rather than having them automatically disappear.

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Arioch wrote:I'm not a fan of auto-scrapping ships during budget shortfalls in the first place. We've just added a new mechanism for ships to be inactive on the map (so that ships being refitted don't "disappear" and can still be attacked); this might be a better way of handling ships for which you can't pay the maintenance costs, rather than having them automatically disappear.

That asks for two maintenance cost schedules - "active" and "inactive". If you don't have money even for "inactive" maintenance you have to scrap it.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Ancient Guardians faction pups up in diplomacy screen after finding a super dred, but it does not seem to serve a purpose and does not disappear after the ship has been captured. Maybe if it was destroyed?

But still it does not seem to serve a purpose, and lore wise should not be a faction diplomacy wise right?

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Arioch wrote:
Chasm wrote:Working as intended then ?

I doubt that very much. :D

zolobolo wrote:When intervening in an invasion between two of my allies, a number of interesting things happened:

As mentioned in the other thread, this behavior is temporary but intended. We need to add ways of working out these kinds of disputes so that we can make it impossible to fire on another faction's ships without a declaration of war.

Captainspire wrote:Uploaded "Game_3114"

Uploaded "Game_3116"

As you suspected, the Ashdar Colonials had a massive (-81) budget shortfall and had to scrap all of their ships. I don't know if you can call that a "bug," but obviously that's not a desirable behavior.

I'm not a fan of auto-scrapping ships during budget shortfalls in the first place. We've just added a new mechanism for ships to be inactive on the map (so that ships being refitted don't "disappear" and can still be attacked); this might be a better way of handling ships for which you can't pay the maintenance costs, rather than having them automatically disappear.

Do these update also affect/update on current saved games? I just reloaded the game at 1496, it captured the lasted bug/update fix, but the Ashdar ships still vanish at 1499.

Return to “Testing”