Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:17 pm

bjg wrote:game_2725, r19618
same error in r19628
Happens over EOT, seems harmless to ignore.

I think this one should be fixed in r19631. Thanks for the report.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:36 am

Blackscreen error when clicking on a 'City Planning done' report for Eluz, report sent in 'game_2738'. Thanks for the attention.

Edit: same bug, report sent in 'game_2741'. This one's a game-killer, so I'm hoping you're able to figure out the problem soon.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:13 pm

nweismuller wrote:Blackscreen error when clicking on a 'City Planning done' report for Eluz, report sent in 'game_2738'. Thanks for the attention.

Edit: same bug, report sent in 'game_2741'. This one's a game-killer, so I'm hoping you're able to figure out the problem soon.

Should be fixed in r19658. (It wasn't a hard fix, but, sadly, this one was in the build when I went bed last night.)

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:44 pm

Came across a ship which has an odd side-tube of sorts (on its left wing):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkn41x2re7lxj4r/Battlecruiser.gif?dl=0
I like the art, but cannot tell if that part should be there or if it is a graphical glitch.
Captured the ship just to check out what component it is but cannot tell...

Managed to find out what it is via refitting the captured ship: it is the art for Fusion missiles but only seems to occur in this form for this model:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qbitgu5vblkqlo/Fusion%20Missiles.jpg?dl=0
Apparently, any type of missile (except Launchers like Viper) are displayed like this for this ship model

Also: Noticed the ship wreck effect shown in one of the trailers the first time when blew up such a dreadnought. Haven't seen it for any other ship type yet. Is it only implemented for this type? The effect is really nice and hope to see more dynamic objects such as these floating wrecks during combat
Last edited by zolobolo on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:39 am

Placement Issues

Save contains two issues:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4zp9skm9f0c9yw5/Orthin%20Second.rar?dl=0

1. Transports on the side
Civilian ships should be placed in the back which does seem to be the case in most scenarios but not when there are more then two parties involved in a battle resulting to their quick loss in round one due to the second placement issue:

2. Ships in range of the enemy
Enemy fleet starts within range to the player ships. Think it would be logical for ships to start well beyond direct engagement range

Both of the above need space on the map but I do not see this being a problem: there is plenty of space behind the player ships where the transports and outpost ships could be placed and all the player should could be pushed back a couple of rows.
As I have seen the tactical map scales with the size of the fleets, so space should not be an issue.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:55 am

Cannot queue Refit tasks.
Ships selected for refit disappear from the fleet - this is great, but enable refit queue so they do not get left behind in the building option screen and forgotten

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:05 am

The Stars_in_Shadow_Manual.pdf has broken Outline (table of content) - it starts with extra "gibberish" entrances.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:20 pm

Starvation report (the warning not the actual summary of the lost pop) does not generate when system is blockade by enemy vessels
Previous versions have shown a placeholder icon - that icon does not show up currently

In some cases the warning still pops up (do not know in which ones) and says the text as before: ...still need to be written up/tested
Last edited by zolobolo on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:21 pm

Plasma gun does not have sound effects

edited by sven: This one should be fixed as of r19692 (which is currently up on the private test server, but won't make it to Steam until the next weekly patch). Thanks for the report.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:32 pm

Destroying a planet presents an empty battle report (assume it belongs to that event)

bjg

Postby bjg » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:11 am

game_2921
A (false-positive) starvation warning.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:24 am

Looks like there's a bug with a Marauder band getting taken out after I grabbed their starting world- two other worlds they had conquered reverted to apparently uncolonised. Bug report uploaded.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:19 am

Uploaded "game_2963"

I'm OK with the hardest level, but the raiders building a dreadnought with no infrastructure?

Perhaps the ship was already in progress and never left its queue ?

**edit**
wow they are kicking those Dreadnoughts out every 5-6 turns with nothing in orbit.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:24 am

Upon encountering a derelict superdreadnought, it adds the Ancient Guardians minor faction to your diplomacy screen. The leader is presented as Praetor Yunki and you have the option to make peace with them, which I am certain is not intended.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:14 pm

zolobolo wrote:Came across a ship which has an odd side-tube of sorts (on its left wing):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkn41x2re7lxj4r/Battlecruiser.gif?dl=0
I like the art, but cannot tell if that part should be there or if it is a graphical glitch.

That's the normal graphic for missile weapons on that particular mount on that particular hull. It looks that way because this mount is intended to be able to carry torpedoes, though I don't think it currently does.

zolobolo wrote:Also: Noticed the ship wreck effect shown in one of the trailers the first time when blew up such a dreadnought. Haven't seen it for any other ship type yet. Is it only implemented for this type? The effect is really nice and hope to see more dynamic objects such as these floating wrecks during combat

You must be looking at a really old trailer, as I don't think that effect has been in the game for more than 5 years. Back when there was only one faction in the game (Ashdar), Sven had implemented some destroyed ship animations that he made himself. Once we started adding more ships, the effect was dropped (it was a lot of work for each ship, and I thought it looked terrible). This is a pre-alpha shot from 2011:

3036c11.jpg
3036c11.jpg (95.69 KiB) Viewed 16842 times

We'd like to implement damage skins at some point, but I don't think debris animations are worth the effort, as they don't really add anything to gameplay, and it's hard to make them look like anything better than paper cutouts.

bjg wrote:The Stars_in_Shadow_Manual.pdf has broken Outline (table of content) - it starts with extra "gibberish" entrances.

I'm not seeing this either in the Steam viewer or in Chrome (http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/ste ... 1485791946). What are you using to view the PDF?

Return to “Testing”