Anternative to Steam

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
Tocumi

Anternative to Steam

Postby Tocumi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:54 pm

Hello,

I've been reading up on the game and it appears like a game that my friends and I would want to support. The only problem is that Steam is the only place to purchase this. The customer service with steam is non-existence and once they get your money, support is lackluster. Steam is great until something goes wrong such as a game not functioning then you are SOL. Would you be able to offer your game here or on GoG as an alternative?

sven
Site Admin

Re: Anternative to Steam

Postby sven » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:22 pm

Tocumi wrote:I've been reading up on the game and it appears like a game that my friends and I would want to support. The only problem is that Steam is the only place to purchase this. The customer service with steam is non-existence and once they get your money, support is lackluster. Steam is great until something goes wrong such as a game not functioning then you are SOL. Would you be able to offer your game here or on GoG as an alternative?

We'd certainly like to sell via GoG. I believe Iceberg has reached out to them on our behalf, and we're waiting to hear back about whether or not they're interested in carrying us.

SilasOfBorg

Postby SilasOfBorg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:25 pm

sven wrote:We'd certainly like to sell via GoG.

Fantastic news! Would buy again, just to have it in my GoG library.

u2892

Postby u2892 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:44 pm

+1 to "waiting for non-steam release" :-)

Also, I would be honored to pay full price for this game - I can get it for the equivalent of $7.50 thanks to Steam regional pricing, that's a ridiculous discount and feels unfair to me

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:05 pm

u2892 wrote:+1 to "waiting for non-steam release" :-)

Resurrecting this old thread, because the GoG release just went live :)

Return to “General Forum”