Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
zolobolo

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby zolobolo » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:50 pm

Tested some of the older saves and the behaviour changes with each race.
- Gremak is positioned on the bottom
- Human is positioned on the bottom
- Phidi seems to be positioned in the center but might be zoomed in a bit
- Yoral is zoomed in a bit and moved up slightly
- Orthin is positioned closer to the bottom but not so much as the Gremak and Human one

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:40 pm

zolobolo wrote:
Arioch wrote:I don't notice this when playing at 1920x1080. What resolution are you using?

The same resolution as mentioned above: 1920x1080

Here is how it looks like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e87ryvtbctz2cre/Space%20Station%20Spaceing.gif?dl=0

I am using the latest update of the Steam version
Behavior is new since the last two updates, but cannot tell you which one it was exactly

I've got a patch that *mostly* fixes this (r18832), though it probably won't hit Steam for another few days. (And atm there's still an issue with the Yoral station asset... Looks like I need to re-export that to fully solve the issue.) Thanks for the report.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:11 pm

spitfire_ch wrote:I run into a rare situation where production on a planet is locked, meaning it can't be changed and does not progress, neither. The queue says "cannot change" and "1 turn left". This however has been like that since many turns, and my empire is not running out of resources.

In game #1861, you'll see this problem in the Fimbul System (top right) on Fimbul I. The planet is trying to build a Stargate but cannot finish it or change the project.

This was a really interesting bug. There was a case in the planet revolt logic where a planet could revolt, and then immediately rejoin your empire. If that happened (as occurred on Fimbul I), then the planet would still be marked as being a part of your empire, but, wouldn't actually be included in the list of your empire's holdings. That data discrepancy creates a number of bugs, the most blatant being that the planet becomes 'frozen', with production and population growth never progressing between turns.

I've fixed the core bug in r18837, but I'm afraid that affected worlds (like Fimbul I), will remain forever trapped out of time. ;)

Thanks for the report.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:21 pm

Chasm wrote:Game 1829, fatal error purchasing phidi slaves as yoral, crash occurred on the where to send them screen.

I'm unable to replicate this bug. I would guess that either 1) there's some specific (maybe unusual) combination of UI actions needed to trigger it or 2) the issue was fixed by a recent patch. If anyone sees another instance of a bug like this, please let me know.

spitfire_ch

Postby spitfire_ch » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:47 am

sven wrote:I've fixed the core bug in r18837, but I'm afraid that affected worlds (like Fimbul I), will remain forever trapped out of time. ;)
Thanks for the report.

Great, thank you very much! No worries, I started a new game in the meantime. So Fimbul I not only remains trapped out of time but also in an alternate reality ;)

spitfire_ch

Postby spitfire_ch » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Sometimes, the queue is not visible, although there is one. In Game #1897 this is the case for Altair IV. There should be two labs in the queue, but they are not visible:

spitfire_ch

Postby spitfire_ch » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:29 pm

And another thing you're probably aware of: in the diplomatic screen when you choose contact, the wrong race is used for the players alter ego. In my current game (again #1897), I am playing Yoral, but in the contact window I am shown as Ashdar:

In my previous game I played Orthin and was displayed as another race (don't remember which one).

This most likely is not a bug but a placeholder or something. I just post it to be sure for the very unlikely case that it could really be a bug ;)

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:57 pm

The visibility of the queue can be toggled by clicking on the "QUEUE" button at the top. You may have accidentally clicked on it; it returns if you click on it again.

The back-views of the Phidi, Yoral, Orthin and Ashdar Imperials leaders are placeholders.

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:01 pm

spitfire_ch wrote:Sometimes, the queue is not visible, although there is one.

Did you try to expand it by clicking on the word "QUEUE"? In my experience a queue gets hidden (wont expand) only if the current project is terraforming.

spitfire_ch

Postby spitfire_ch » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Aaaah, I hadn't figured that out so far, thx very much for the hint! I usually added something to the queue which made also made it reappear. Of course just clicking it is way more straight forward :)

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:55 am

Ashdar Prime is a hive world but has high fertility; is this intended?

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:33 pm

Population growth is no longer capping at the population limit of the world, see Eluz in game_1898 now uploaded.

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:46 pm

nweismuller wrote:Population growth is no longer capping at the population limit of the world, see Eluz in game_1898 now uploaded.

I've noticed that too. A lot of my 8000 planets are at 8500, which changes planet's food balance from 0 to -1. Is this fixed already ("Removed some rounding logic in the population growth rules that was causing confusing behavior")?

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Current game, something weird is going on with ai. See upload 1904. Ashdar imperials are not colonizing any worlds... ? After initial 2 colonies they just stopped.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Upload 1905, disaster at fargone. This should likely only happen to a colony, not an outpost...

Return to “Testing”