Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Chasm

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Chasm » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:16 pm

Gremak pirates are able to put starships in orbit about once every 10 turns or so. Must be coming from the planet, since I would see an inbound ship. I farm pirate worlds for hulls to capture and refit.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:01 am

Chasm wrote:Gremak pirates are able to put starships in orbit about once every 10 turns or so. Must be coming from the planet, since I would see an inbound ship. I farm pirate worlds for hulls to capture and refit.

Since the pirates don't have a colony on the planet, that doesn't seem a likely explanation. :D

When we revamp the pirates and give them proper bases (and the ability to raid), their spawning behavior should seem less obviously artificial.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:22 am

Also, marauders no longer do raids, at all. I have had a marauder world deep in my empire, with them at war with me, and them peacefully in orbit overtheir world...

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:41 am

Confirm on the marauders also not collecting slaves in the game (tried a new game since last report and now they have two bases within my territory but remain passive)

Also saw (maybe in a screenshot) that it would be possible to hire the marauders to attack someone but do not see the option for two races so far... maybe not implemented yet?

Transport system is odd when it comes to troops:
1. When producing a troopship, it comes with a battalion, but a normal transport+battalion costs less (production wise) then the troopship... The troopship even costs less then the battalion itself...So it just makes sense to always produce a troopship instead of battalion and in most cases, then a normal transport. Mineral cost is logical
2. A troopship can be used to trade which makes sense as its pod is described as a modular standard pod has been outfitted with a battalion... but once they have been assigned to trading, the player does not seem to be able to use them for invasions anymore. Only transporting the pop directly to a colony is an option and cannot assign an enemy planet as destination, or change destination which does not make sense when the normal transport and troop transport is basically the same. If they are interchangeable, then calling upon a transport from the trade fleet, it should brave the same way as a troopship when loaded with a battalion right?
3. Battalions are described in popups as colonists which might hint to the reason for the above behaviour (seems like the troopship has a special tribute which is lost after it has been sent into the trade pool)

When shooting down the colony ship of an ally in my territory (colonized one of the planets before the AI in the system), the alliance did not brake, and the AI did not send any messages, not did our relationship suffer

Do you need update on tech that doe not do anything? Can see placeholder text for a few, so I guess they are not intended to work yet?.. e.g.: Starfighters

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:37 am

Assault shuttles do not show up like fighters and bombers do in the weapon selection of the tactical combat
They also do not enable boarding action when the ships are next to each other

Guess, in the end they should behave like fighters and bombers do, and engage the enemy ship from long range, while the carriers stay behind secure and that is why they also have their own art
Last edited by zolobolo on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:22 am

Assault shuttles are for space to ground , not space to space. For space to space use boarding module.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:09 pm

Chasm wrote:Assault shuttles are for space to ground , not space to space. For space to space use boarding module.

Description says they can be used to transport civilians and bring ground troops into ship to ship boarding action - I can see the two battalions for the two shuttle modules but boarding is disabled
It also has art for the shuttle which is not needed for planetary invasion (also visible http://stars-in-shadow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=384here)

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:49 am

Assault shuttles are not yet properly implemented. Right now they're essentially no different from a cargo hold.

When implemented, they will eliminate the attacking penalty for ground units both in ship-to-ground and ship-to-ship combat.

bjg

Postby bjg » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:47 am

Confirming, EMP missiles just blow up the target - game_1566.

Also, can't mount energy torpedoes into "torpedoes" mount point - is this a bug or a (confusing) feature?

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:39 am

Problem: Initial turret mount amount halves when adding any weapon, even the same type.
In ship edit mode http://i.imgur.com/0zKDFHU.jpg
after adding exact same weapons http://i.imgur.com/5W00XEo.jpg

Uploaded "Game_1567"

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:55 am

bjg wrote:Confirming, EMP missiles just blow up the target - game_1566.

Also, can't mount energy torpedoes into "torpedoes" mount point - is this a bug or a (confusing) feature?

No such weapon as an "energy torpedo" in the game. The tech should have a different name, but it hasn't been changed yet.

The current "torpedo" hardpoint is an external rack for a physical missile. I think it's only on Yoral hulls. The Pulson and Viper launchers don't fit on this rack (either graphically or conceptually).

I think we may need to have a different hardpoint type to represent the external rack, so we can have ships like the Ashdar missile cruiser or stations or Dread Stars carry torpedoes.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:42 pm

Arioch wrote:Assault shuttles are not yet properly implemented. Right now they're essentially no different from a cargo hold.

When implemented, they will eliminate the attacking penalty for ground units both in ship-to-ground and ship-to-ship combat.

Makes sense. Can you please make it obviously that attacked receives such Penalty? Haven't noticed it so far during Invasion and assumed that an attacking Tank is of same value as a defending one

Sorry to hear that Shuttles will not Pop up in tactical combat. The two art already available for it look nice but at least we get to seem them in the weapon layout Screens :)

bjg

Postby bjg » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Arioch wrote:The current "torpedo" hardpoint is an external rack for a physical missile. I think it's only on Yoral hulls. The Pulson and Viper launchers don't fit on this rack (either graphically or conceptually).

Well, "conceptually" externally mounted missiles aren't in-battle rechargeable neither.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:09 pm

Gremak raiding assault calculation seems to be off

Even if a colony has 8,5 units of pop, and no defenders, two raider units cannot capture any slaves even though they do not suffer any casualties during their raid
Estimated casualty is "none" as well as estimated number of captured slaves
Chance to conquer is of course 100%

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:11 pm

zolobolo wrote:Gremak raiding assault calculation seems to be off

Even if a colony has 8,5 units of pop, and no defenders, two raider units cannot capture any slaves even though they do not suffer any casualties during their raid
Estimated casualty is "none" as well as estimated number of captured slaves
Chance to conquer is of course 100%

Would you upload the save where you're seeing this behavior? (Under Options->Upload games logs). Many thanks.

Return to “Testing”