Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Chasm

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Chasm » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Yoral can no longer build shipyards. Don't know if the removal was intentional or not. There is a ??? tech listed in the tree where I would expect it to be. Look at what would follow nanocomputers in a yoral game to verify this. *newest version corrects this*

SmaugTheDragon

Postby SmaugTheDragon » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:31 pm

If you pay off the Marauders when meeting them it says "gold per turn" but it deducts the amount only for that turn. Also in the diplo. screen if you click on the agreement the text is broken.

Also Marauders don't care if you settle in the same system (maybe that's intended though). Also it should be harder to appease the Marauders because the AI seems to always be at war with them wasting their forces.

(ps. the "we are impressed by your aggressive bargaining" modifier is great)

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:10 am

game_1534 - there is 10 improvement slots on Rastaban III (pop max 7), drawn with overlay.
Update - here it comes (a while later) with 13 slots:
13_slots_bug.PNG
13_slots_bug.PNG (114.88 KiB) Viewed 21230 times

edited by sven: This improvement slot bug happened because the AI mannaged to construct 'negative' mines on Rastaban III. Um, that should no longer happen in builds >= 18314.

Also - transport has arrived at Solanar II than current research finished, and production switched (itself) to Auto (Trade) from Research. That is an old bug, I just didn't get around to upload it before.

Awaras

Postby Awaras » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Is it supposed to be possible to transport military units in colony ships?

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:46 pm

Feature, not bug. You just cant colonize with it, and when they do the ground combat revamp you will have a penalty to deploy troops from ships w/o assault shuttles.

SmaugTheDragon

Postby SmaugTheDragon » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:39 am

Not sure if bug or intended: If you bolt science stations to Phidi trade ships and then send em to trade pool they stop producing science.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:15 am

Awaras wrote:Is it supposed to be possible to transport military units in colony ships?

Yes. As Chasm pointed out, you can load any ground unit (which includes colonists, armored units, or raider units) into any ship capable of carrying population, but they may not be able to perform that ship's main function.

SmaugTheDragon wrote:Not sure if bug or intended: If you bolt science stations to Phidi trade ships and then send em to trade pool they stop producing science.

The current capacity of Science Stations as a passive Science generator is a placeholder. Science stations were intended to be a system used by scouts or other starships in an active mode, generating science through activities such as system exploration or engagements with space monsters and the like. It was never my intention that they would be a passive science generating system; that's what planet-based Laboratories are for.

So no, I don't think science stations on trade pool transports should generate free science; I don't think trade pool transports are doing anything that could reasonably be considered of scientific value. The Phidi aren't officially playable yet, so I hope you'll understand that their systems aren't finished, much less balanced, at this point.

Awaras

Postby Awaras » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:07 am

Arioch wrote:
Awaras wrote:Is it supposed to be possible to transport military units in colony ships?

Yes. As Chasm pointed out, you can load any ground unit (which includes colonists, armored units, or raider units) into any ship capable of carrying population, but they may not be able to perform that ship's main function.

That makes sense. I noticed it because I had a large-ish exploration/conquest fleet i was using to mop up empires on the other edge of the map from me during endgame. I had a colony ship in the fleet so I would be able to extend my fleet range in case I ran into an uninhabited system. Somehow it ended up holding a military unit, even though I don't remember unloading the pop unit from it. Will the pop unit automatically take part in planetary assaults?

Awaras

Postby Awaras » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:20 am

Just remembered - same playtgrough as above. I had a fleet that included about 30 or so transports with military units. As I went around conquering and losing ground units, the transports would revert to regular trading ships. I wanted to clean them up so I started sending the empty ones to the trade pool. However, every time I would send one to the pool, the whole list of ships would 'reshuffle' randomly, and trading ships would change their position among the military transports. This made 'hunting' for them slightly awkward. It might be nice if the transports automatically sorted themselves by their empty/full status?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:59 am

Awaras wrote:It might be nice if the transports automatically sorted themselves by their empty/full status?

I noticed the same issue myself while playtesting recently, and coded up some quick auto-sort-by-carrying state logic. So, I think the issue should be fixed now. Let me know if you run into this sort of annoying UI behavior when testing with the most recent builds.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:05 pm

Hi, I am new to the game but like it a lot thus far and found some things that might of interest testing wise:
1. Food production of colonists is 0 where the native Viscids are located (should be 0.5 but on this planet it is 0 for the Orthin colonists)
2. Human colonists sometimes display one character sometimes two... doesn't seem logical why there would be two in any case as none of the other colonist types seem to be displayed this way
3. Diplomacy image for Orthin leader is a dinosaur :)
4. Number of destroyed weapons is strange. If a weapon is X2 and destroyed weapon slot is (2), the detail is: 2 of 4 destroyed. Shouldn't X2 mean, that there are two guns and (2) that both of the two are destroyed?
5. Cannot by slaves for the discount price of 100 currency when meeting the slavers the first time, but can strike a deal in diplomacy menu
6. Have not yet seen the slavers actually raiding planets for slaves
7. Inhospitable planets ave maximum population value
8. Ancient Stargate needs to be destroyed when attacking the planet, else the battle wont end. Shouldn't the player be allowed to capture and use it?
9. Planetary defenses can be re-built by the AI when though the planet is under blockade and bombarded each turn. This makes for some tedious re-bombarding of the new defense every now and then
10. Orthin Cruiser does not always show the forward facing weapons assigned to it (love how the slot is sealed when empty by the way :)

On the + side, there is a lot I like in this though I have tried Stellaris, Galciv3 and MoO lately. If the game is finished, it should be my favorite of the bunch. This is due to both the tactical combat and the consistent and neat art style. Please continue to fill in the missing images with similar assets, have the various races more difference to them, and make the tactical combat a bit more deeper (with ship experience and/or captains) so that the combat becomes even more meaningful.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:59 pm

zolobolo wrote:1. Food production of colonists is 0 where the native Viscids are located (should be 0.5 but on this planet it is 0 for the Orthin colonists)

Thanks for that catch.

zolobolo wrote:2. Human colonists sometimes display one character sometimes two... doesn't seem logical why there would be two in any case as none of the other colonist types seem to be displayed this way

Humans have significant gender dimorphism (as you have have noticed :D), which is unique in this setting; when there is space in the UI, the game will display both male and female human figures. Unfortunately, the graphics for the various states (content, discontent, refugee, enslaved) have different sizes, and so there are different rules for when this change happens. At some point we need to modify this display to allow for different graphic sizes instead of trying to cram them all into the same sized box (which leads sometimes to clipping), and when we do that we'll try to address the inconsistency of the human-gender display rules.

zolobolo wrote:3. Diplomacy image for Orthin leader is a dinosaur :)

Praetor Yunki's backside is still a placeholder for the Orthin and Yoral rear views.

zolobolo wrote:5. Cannot by slaves for the discount price of 100 currency when meeting the slavers the first time, but can strike a deal in diplomacy menu

The disabled option in the encounter dialog is a legacy from before the diplomacy menu existed; it will be removed.

zolobolo wrote:6. Have not yet seen the slavers actually raiding planets for slaves

You probably won't notice this unless it happens to you directly. It does seem that the Marauders have become less aggressive since the implementation of the diplomacy system; it's been a while since I've seem them attack. I'll keep an eye on it.

zolobolo wrote:7. Inhospitable planets ave maximum population value

All planet types (except Gas Giants) can eventually become habitable with the discovery of the appropriate tech. Planets that are not currently habitable have the pop values in gray rather than white.

zolobolo wrote:8. Ancient Stargate needs to be destroyed when attacking the planet, else the battle wont end. Shouldn't the player be allowed to capture and use it?

Yeah, we'll include a special case so that the battle ends if a stargate is the only unit left.

zolobolo wrote:9. Planetary defenses can be re-built by the AI when though the planet is under blockade and bombarded each turn. This makes for some tedious re-bombarding of the new defense every now and then

While this may be annoying, I'm not sure it would make sense to prevent it. Being under blockade doesn't prevent a planet from using its own production.

zolobolo wrote:10. Orthin Cruiser does not always show the forward facing weapons assigned to it (love how the slot is sealed when empty by the way :)

Not sure what you mean.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Thanks, sound great. Hope you will get the images a bit standardizes. I am digging the information they are trying to convey, but since they represent so many things, I think they need to be standardized (like in dashboards)

Regarding the last point: Try to add Heavy Laser, Coil Gun, or Boarding Module to the Heavy Cruiser but even more so for the Missile Cruiser. It seems like the ships own image is hiding too much from the weapon image. In case of the Missile Cruiser, I can see a few pixels, the barrels of the guns I guess on a large monitor. The Laser and Coil gun are there, just covered by the ship hull itself, but the boarding module does not seem to have a visual hint (later might be intentional as it does not have a cool outline like the guns do though :))

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:59 pm

Pirate worlds can build hulls that require orbital facilities without orbital facilities available. I want that tech advance :)

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Chasm wrote:Pirate worlds can build hulls that require orbital facilities without orbital facilities available. I want that tech advance :)

Do you mean Marauders? Because Pirates don't currently build anything.

Return to “Testing”