Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
anamiac

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby anamiac » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:50 am

Got this little gem. I think it happened because the humans and I are both at war with a common foe and invading the same system?

Code: Select all

looks like an ai started up a battle during end-turn processing.
(this means i have probably forgotten to hint an AI potential attack report, after creating it.)
hitting next turn a second time should auto-resolve the encounter.

I think if I remember right, it told me that the humans were attacking and asked if I wanted to intervene. I decided not to, as the humans and I are at peace.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:57 pm

anamiac wrote:Got this little gem. I think it happened because the humans and I are both at war with a common foe and invading the same system?

Code: Select all

looks like an ai started up a battle during end-turn processing.
(this means i have probably forgotten to hint an AI potential attack report, after creating it.)

I think if I remember right, it told me that the humans were attacking and asked if I wanted to intervene. I decided not to, as the humans and I are at peace.

My sense is that this bug is pretty rare -- and fortunately, when you encounter it, it's usually nothing more than an inconvenience. It does indeed appear to be connected to 3+ side situations, though not always ones that involve the player (the AIs are capable of getting themselves into this kind of tangle off in their own parts of the galaxy, though it won't happen in most playthroughs).

I'm going to be adding in support for alliances this week, and that should actually increase the number of times where 3+ sided conflicts occur in game. Probably a good reason to finally hunt down this bug. Thanks for the report :)

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:12 pm

Chasm wrote:Weird bug
If you have an outpost over a habitable world with natives, you are NOT allowed to colonize that world until outpost is scrapped. Once you scrap that outpost however you gain the colony as your with just the native population. Please see game uploaded 1348, system cheleb. Colony ship is in orbit, but cannot colonize Dirt. Scrap outpost over dirt and the colony comes under my control, with just the natives.

Yes. It would appear that some changes I put in last week to fix some strange interactions with outposts and native colonies, did, in fact, create some new strange interactions of their own. Should be fixed in r17270. Many thanks for the bug report.

ShadowDragon8685

Postby ShadowDragon8685 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:32 pm

Bit of a minor issue; if you alt-tab the game, Stars in Shadow doesn't minimize, it just loses focus and the window you alt-tab to raises up above Stars in Shadow. This is not in and of itself a problem, but when you mouse over the screen real-estate, on the window, that has a button in SiS, the SiS button-mouseover sound effect sounds.

This is a slight issue, and just faintly annoying. The simple workaround would be to have SiS mute when it's lost focus, or just mute SFX.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:34 pm

Not sure if this is a bug or just an oversight, when I enslave anyone, my Gremak slowly start to revolt. I thought Gremak were all about enslaving and the like?

Also, many turns after a planet of mine was bombed, my citizens are still ticked off about it too.

Game_1359 uploaded

Game_1360 is the one with the Gremak angry over the enslavement
Last edited by Captainspire on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:37 pm

Captainspire wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or just an oversight, when I enslave anyone, my Gremak slowly start to revolt. I thought Gremak were all about enslaving and the like?

It's a bug. I'll take a look at it. If you could, would you mind uploading a game where this is happening? (In particular, I'm looking for a game where the Gremak show as having a morale penalty due to a slaving issue.)

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Can't figure out from the start screen if it's 64 or 32 bit version running. Use to be there.

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:31 pm

Then increase the galaxy size (automatically) added factions aren't random.
Then try to change the seventh (bottom) faction the list goes "off screen" and the "random" choice isn't visible (can't be selected).

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:49 am

bjg wrote:Then increase the galaxy size (automatically) added factions aren't random.
Then try to change the seventh (bottom) faction the list goes "off screen" and the "random" choice isn't visible (can't be selected).

Thanks for the reports. Both these issues should be fixed as of r17354.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:01 pm

Captainspire wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or just an oversight, when I enslave anyone, my Gremak slowly start to revolt. I thought Gremak were all about enslaving and the like?

Game_1360 is the one with the Gremak angry over the enslavement

Should be fixed as of r17389. Thanks for the game upload.

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:24 am

game_1365
All races (including minor/native ones) think I've bought their slaves (having -10 morale) while I've bought only Phidi and Orthin.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:30 am

You get the penalty for buying slaves with all races (except perhaps Gremak), not just with the race the slaves were.

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:34 pm

Arioch wrote:You get the penalty for buying slaves with all races (except perhaps Gremak), not just with the race the slaves were.

It was not the case before the update, that's why I've posted the "bug". I actually liked it the "old" (differentiated) way - maybe you can decrease the "generic" "bought slaves" penalty add an additional penalty for buying slaves of their race (like you seem to have with freeing slaves).

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:22 pm

bjg wrote:It was not the case before the update, that's why I've posted the "bug". I actually liked it the "old" (differentiated) way - maybe you can decrease the "generic" "bought slaves" penalty add an additional penalty for buying slaves of their race (like you seem to have with freeing slaves).

Oh, oops. Looks like a typo while updating some of the racial trait rules caused an unintentional change in slave purchase penalty semantics.

Should be fixed in the latest build (r17395).

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:32 pm

sven wrote:
bjg wrote:It was not the case before the update, that's why I've posted the "bug". I actually liked it the "old" (differentiated) way - maybe you can decrease the "generic" "bought slaves" penalty add an additional penalty for buying slaves of their race (like you seem to have with freeing slaves).

Oh, oops. Looks like a typo while updating some of the racial trait rules caused an unintentional change in slave purchase penalty semantics.
Should be fixed in the latest build (r17395).

Now it seems like I'm not getting the "slave purchase" penalty for anyone but the main race (Teros). Is that intentional?

Return to “Testing”