Bug Report Archive

Threads and posts that have become outdated are preserved here.

Moderator: luciderous

mharmless

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby mharmless » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:42 pm

When a planet is overpopulated, the die back can kill more people than required to reach a sustainable population

Here you can see I just imported 2 units of scavengers, knowing they would die off due to a lack of space. The presence of these new scavengers is also going to kill off the remainder populations of the humans and gaiads, equaling exactly one population point. Total of three population die while only overpopulated by two.

Edit: If I queue a move of one unit of population, only one unit is lost, as expected.

Excessive Overpopulation Casualties.PNG
Excessive Overpopulation Casualties.PNG (906.85 KiB) Viewed 23708 times
Last edited by mharmless on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:44 pm

Lack of city lighting on Gaia

You can see it in the image above. A half-filled airless world has a great many lights, while the most populous world in the dominion has virtually none. Small scattered green lights. By design, or possible ATI issue?

post edited by sven: known issue -- and one i'm particularly motivated to get fixed, sooner rather than later. Arioch made some awesome light sets for both Tendao and Gaia; and neither are properly setup in the game yet.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:46 pm

mharmless wrote:When a planet is overpopulated, the die back can kill more people than required to reach a sustainable population

Yeah, this is related to the earlier population bugs you found. I understand, in a general way, why it's happening. But, the system that's breaking is a fairly complex one -- and so I'm putting off fixing it until some of the higher-priority issues are dealt with. Thanks for the very complete reporting though :)

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:03 pm

sven wrote:
mharmless wrote:Race changed during invasion
Playing as the humans, invaded the world Acamar IV. The races shown are 2 million of a robot looking race I've never seen before, and 1 million scavengers.

tragically, this is actually "working as intended". the "robots" are human pirates. and, if you manage to bring them into a human empire, they "acculturate" instantly -- looking and acting just like standard humans. eventually, i'd like to do something more sophisticated as far as modeling those sorts of transitions (the gremak have a similar issue with marauder populations). but, haven't gotten around to it yet. until i do though -- a better "early beta" behavior might just be to treat human pirates and normal humans as entirely separate races.

Still playing as the humans here, so might be relevant. I have captured gremak pirates and watched them change into the normal racial look several times. The clothing transition seemed obvious to me. Is that not supposed to be happening when I'm not playing the gremak empire?

Sometimes (usually?) the human pirates are female, and they also are just an obvious clothing transition. This one only threw me because it looks like some kind of android, and not just a human in a different costume.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:23 pm

Unable to scrap orbital units

I'm pretty sure I used to be able to, but now they just say "Can't scuttle ship". This means you can't clear out old stations to make room for Shipyards, or replace an old station with a new starbase. Related to the fixes to stop transport abuse?

post edited by sven: opps :oops: little bug introduced by a prior bugfix. should be fixed in the next patch set.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Double right clicking on a target with a beam weapon which will destroy the target and still have shots remaining causes a crash

Reproduced it fairly easily with a large enough pool of beam weapons or an injured enough target. Double tap, crunch.

Zed's dead, baby.PNG
Zed's dead, baby.PNG (233.78 KiB) Viewed 23493 times

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:56 pm

Deleting a ship design while that ship is under construction somewhere, will trigger a crash when production at that location is seen later.

Save here has a "Destroyer" under construction at Fargone.
a) Select fargone, use escape menu to open ship designer, delete the destroyer, immediate crash.
b) Select not-fargone, use escape menu to open ship designer, delete destroyer, click fargone, immediate crash.
c) Select not-fargone, use escape menu to open ship designer, delete destroyer, open the planets overview via wrench icon, immediate crash.
Edit:
d) Rush a destroyer at fargone, click away from it, escape to ship designer, delete destroyer, pass a turn. Same error text, but screen doesn't black out.

Deleted Destroyer Crash.PNG
Deleted Destroyer Crash.PNG (22.47 KiB) Viewed 23491 times
Attachments
Deleted Destroyer.rar
(406.46 KiB) Downloaded 694 times
Last edited by mharmless on Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Can access the transport design and create a new one via refit.

The ship designer disallows creating or editing transport based designs. However, you can refit one. If you rename it during the refit, this creates a new transport design in the construction lists. However, you cannot ever remove this second design, nor the initial design, as the transports aren't listed in the ship designer.

edited by sven: transports are now intended to be designable, and should be listed in the design screens.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:57 am

Space stations can have maneuvering engines and move around in tactical combat.

Might not be a bug, just wanted to make sure the current behavior was in mind when you get to the tactical revamps.

edited by sven: it's intentional. stations should never move *quickly*, but, if you want to sacrifice system space to give them a bit of tactical mobility, you can. (the fleet base graphic actually includes animated thrusters, which you should see if you fly it around during combat.)

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:24 am

Overpopulating a small planet can cause that colony to fail, and become uncolonizable.

I'm pretty sure this is the same bug as the Pull Up All The Population And World Is Unusable, except triggered via overpopulation.

Overpopulate a world with a low pop max, entire colony fails, world cannot be recolonized.

Uncolonizable world - before.PNG
Uncolonizable world - before.PNG (622.05 KiB) Viewed 23503 times

Uncolonizable world - after.PNG
Uncolonizable world - after.PNG (862.82 KiB) Viewed 23503 times

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:06 am

Planetary Report causes crash if any worlds are conducting Research after you've finished all technology.

Save game here is the turn before finishing the last tech. If you have the planetary report open when you hit end turn, you will crash as below. If you close it before ending turn, you will be fine until you open it again. You can view worlds producing research without incident. This is somehow different than the Destroyer production issue from earlier.

Research related Planetary Report crash.PNG
Research related Planetary Report crash.PNG (25.2 KiB) Viewed 23714 times

post edited by sven: opps. should be fixed in the next patch. thanks for the report.
Attachments
Research related report Crash.rar
(469.01 KiB) Downloaded 725 times

Big Imp

Postby Big Imp » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Sven I hope I don't swamp you with bug reports , please let me know if I send too many
1. Desktop Corsair 450D Case, X99 MSI mobo, Intel 5820K i7(Hexacore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia GPU 680 GTX driver v.364.51, Windows 10 Pro
2. Laptop ASUS ROG G751JY, Intel i7 4720(Quadcore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia 980M(Driver 364.51), Windows 10

Big Imp

Postby Big Imp » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:39 pm

Build mismatch when showing what you have in line for building e.a. transporter is one I found:
Attachments
sis2.jpg
sis2.jpg (141.02 KiB) Viewed 23746 times
1. Desktop Corsair 450D Case, X99 MSI mobo, Intel 5820K i7(Hexacore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia GPU 680 GTX driver v.364.51, Windows 10 Pro
2. Laptop ASUS ROG G751JY, Intel i7 4720(Quadcore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia 980M(Driver 364.51), Windows 10

Big Imp

Postby Big Imp » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:46 pm

Wrenches "off the grid". Floating about in space and not linked to any planet

post edited by sven: known issue. i'm working on it...
Attachments
sis3.jpg
sis3.jpg (145.86 KiB) Viewed 23700 times

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:04 am

Neutral Pirates are not attacking, even defenseless fleets
Build r11747

I've encountered a few pirate ships, each time I was offered the attack, and left without a fight. Tried flying some vulnerable ships over, no fight. Settled the world without contest, hung out in orbit with another colony ship for awhile. In the screenshot you can see a scout hanging out at Nunki with another pirate.

Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Pirates.PNG
Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Pirates.PNG (1.93 MiB) Viewed 23686 times

Return to “Archives”