Bug Report Archive

Threads and posts that have become outdated are preserved here.

Moderator: luciderous

Doomed

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Doomed » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:07 pm

sven wrote:
Doomed wrote:I've uploaded 2 sets of logs, one from the turn where the colony is created and one from the following turn (Game_662 and game_663 respectively)

Oh, opps. Looks like I wasn't paying enough attention when I first fixed that bug. I was creating a "new colony" notification for the planet that *built* the new colony, not the planet that actually *contained* the new colony. Should be fixed in the current stable build ("r14400").

Thanks for the uploads.

I've updated to the latest build and it works fine now

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Build r14486 (01/08/2016)
Right-clicking to dismiss reports while a fleet is selected will also attempt to give movement orders to that fleet.

Observed Behavior: Right clicking to dismiss a report while a fleet is selected both dismisses the report AND displays the fleets movement limitations and line of movement.

Expected Behavior: The right click to dismiss a report has priority over the right click to move. The other way around would also be fine, but definitely shouldn't be trying to do both actions with one click.

Note: If you right click and hold on a status icon, the icon will be dismissed. Seems to be dismissal on button down. Movement orders don't confirm until button up. The report icon seems to have priority over stars, such that using one click to do both was only possible if the icon being dismissed was the last icon in the chain, and directly over a star. The button down would dismiss the report, and button up would issue a move-to-this-star command. The move would not execute as long as a report icon moved up to occupy the space.

edited by sven: Thanks for the report. Should be fixed as of r14681.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Build r14675 (01/31/16)
Attempting to send armor units via the stargate network the same way you send population caused a crash.
Edit: And appears to duplicate them.

Uploaded as "game_789". The 5 mechs at Solanar III were being dispatched to the contested system of Beid. Beid II specifically.

The units did appear on the planet after the error. Reproduced 100% of the time moving mechs via stargate. I don't recall trying to move troops via normal transports (without loading them as if for combat), will check next game.

Edit: Also uploaded game_791. Moving armor back and forth on Dubhe I and II makes it clear that the armor is duplicating after the failed stargate transmission, and that it crashes even in same system.

Stargate Tank Error.PNG
Stargate Tank Error.PNG (320.18 KiB) Viewed 53237 times

edited by sven: Should be fixed as of r14682.
Last edited by mharmless on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:42 am

Build r14675 (01/31/16)
Plural 'Brigades' is used even with just one brigade present.

Super minor. I feel bad just bolding that.

edited by sven: Should be fixed as of r14684. Let me know if you see any more of these -- they're quick fixes.

bjg

Postby bjg » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:15 pm

Are shields suppose to recharge during a battle? It does not seem like the do.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:53 pm

bjg wrote:Are shields suppose to recharge during a battle? It does not seem like the do.

I believe they are technically recharging at the moment -- but I think the recharge rates may be too low.

bjg

Postby bjg » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:07 pm

sven wrote:
bjg wrote:Are shields suppose to recharge during a battle? It does not seem like the do.

I believe they are technically recharging at the moment -- but I think the recharge rates may be too low.

If I install the shield recharge accelerator (forgot the exact name) - will it restore 30% of the original shield's capacity or of that insignificant value?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:13 pm

bjg wrote:If I install the shield recharge accelerator (forgot the exact name) - will it restore 30% of the original shield's capacity or of that insignificant value?

hrm, the shield-recharger system appears to be broken. should be an easy fix though -- let me add that to my short-term TODO list.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Is the Stellar surge cannon supposed to have the Accurate modifier available, since in its defaults it has always hits as a modifier?

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:54 am

If capture an enemy troopship - can use it for invasion and can "disembark", but can't refill if the battalion is lost. It doesn't have an "embark" triangle, and a battalion on the ground has "embark" grayed out.
Bug or feature?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:06 am

bjg wrote:If capture an enemy troopship - can use it for invasion and can "disembark", but can't refill if the battalion is lost. It doesn't have an "embark" triangle, and a battalion on the ground has "embark" grayed out.
Bug or feature?

Bug. I'll take a look at it. Would you upload the game with your captured troopship? Thanks again.

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:30 am

sven wrote:Would you upload the game with your captured troopship?

I've replayed that battle (with different result), and don't have it any more. Can't reproduce it neither, disembark and embark work just fine. Will send if see it again.

bjg

Postby bjg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:27 pm

It looks like the "personal shield" doesn't have the full effect. Mechs should have 9 "swords" with it, but they show only 8.

edited by sven: thanks for the report. and bonus points for reading the tech descriptions carefully enough to notice that this bug exists :) should be fixed as of r14927 (which just posted to 'stable').

Return to “Archives”