So, um, what's the status of this game?

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Devildogff

So, um, what's the status of this game?

Postby Devildogff » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:59 am

Not much being done anymore. I know you originally hoped to release this year and that looks extremely unlikely now.

Am I the only one disappointed by the beta's pace? Hate to always sound so negative, but this just doesn't feel healthy for this game...
http://www.eXplorminate.co - A 4X Gaming Community

sven
Site Admin

Re: So, um, what's the status of this game?

Postby sven » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:51 am

Devildogff wrote:Not much being done anymore. I know you originally hoped to release this year and that looks extremely unlikely now.

The expanded resource system's about done -- the main reason you haven't seen any patches over the last few weeks is that I've been posting exclusively to 'dev' while working on the new resource mechanics.

As for the release date, we have officially pushed back our estimate (the FAQ now states Q1 2016). I'm not thrilled about this either, but, at this point, it is clear that even if we manage to get all the remaining TODO items together by the end of the year, testing and balancing will still take us into 2016.

Devildogff

Postby Devildogff » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:58 pm

That's going to put you in the same release window as some heavyweights...

evil713

Postby evil713 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:37 pm

Devildogff wrote:That's going to put you in the same release window as some heavyweights...

Yeah I think master of Orion and endless space 2 both are trying to release 1st quarter.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:49 pm

I'd be surprised if MOO4 shipped before the middle of next year; it's still in alpha stage.

However, it can't be helped. There's only two of us, and we're doing the best we can under the circumstances.

Ashbery76

Postby Ashbery76 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:01 pm

Arioch wrote:I'd be surprised if MOO4 shipped before the middle of next year; it's still in alpha stage.

However, it can't be helped. There's only two of us, and we're doing the best we can under the circumstances.

Really.The rumour is it's close to early access.The dev builds looked very polished on the youtubes.The only thing missing is the tactical combat.

Zaskow

Postby Zaskow » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:42 pm

Do you plan to go into Early Access? It could bring some additional funds for game and you can hire artists/coder which will help you.

Ashbery76

Postby Ashbery76 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Zaskow wrote:Do you plan to go into Early Access? It could bring some additional funds for game and you can hire artists/coder which will help you.

I think that would be a good idea.I really like what I am seeing here but at this rate it's going to be a 2017 release.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:52 pm

Zaskow wrote:Do you plan to go into Early Access? It could bring some additional funds for game and you can hire artists/coder which will help you.

Well, to get on Steam in any form, we're going to need to run a greenlight campaign. I'd like to be on Steam eventually, so, getting a submission going is on our TODO list. We should actually be making an official announcement about that pretty soon.

Whether or not we go into Early Access will depend on how that campaign does, and where we are with development when/if SiS gets green lit.

Zaskow

Postby Zaskow » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:34 pm

sven wrote:Well, to get on Steam in any form, we're going to need to run a greenlight campaign.

I think SiS has no problem with passing Greenlight, because much worse games pass it easily. Don't forget to provide us the link for voting.

Devildogff

Postby Devildogff » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:06 am

Arioch wrote:I'd be surprised if MOO4 shipped before the middle of next year; it's still in alpha stage.

Insider knowledge here: it's coming Q1 2016.

Gilleous

Postby Gilleous » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:13 pm

Is that for EA only, or is that the projected time frame for final release?

Devildogff

Postby Devildogff » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:55 pm

Gilleous wrote:Is that for EA only, or is that the projected time frame for final release?

Final. EA should be really soon: next 1-2 months.

Gilleous

Postby Gilleous » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:39 am

Thanks for the response!

Devildogff

Postby Devildogff » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Devildogff wrote:

Insider knowledge here: it's coming Q1 2016.

Looks like this has been pushed back. I can no longer speculate or speak about it, though. Signed an NDA.

Return to “Testing”