Bug Report Archive

Threads and posts that have become outdated are preserved here.

Moderator: luciderous

sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Gyrfalcon wrote:Not yet: Start game, Options, Fullscreen clicked off, close options, Exit to Windows, start again, in full screen.

Ok... Got a new theory about this bug. Would you update to dev (r13245) and try it again?

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:07 pm

Your theory appears to be correct. It does now remember that I've set it to windowed. It did not remember position or size, which would be nice. ;)
Summer grasses
all that remains of great soldiers'
imperial dreams - Basho

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:46 pm

The next-turn banner doesn't display the full name of the Human leader (should be "Admiral Carver").

edited by sven: should be fixed on dev (r13283).

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:59 pm

game_401: I used the auto-retreat button, but my scout instead closed to fight with the pirates and was destroyed. I'm guessing that this may be because the scout was armed.

edited by sven: should be fixed on dev (13284).

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:59 am

In the Choose Research screen, estimates of time to research for highlighted techs are showing as (???) when there is no current research target set.

Arioch wrote:The next-turn banner doesn't display the full name of the Human leader (should be "Admiral Carver").

edited by sven: should be fixed on dev (r13283).

Note: this is not fixed in my build. The main menu identifies the build version as r13305, but when I save a game with it, the build on the savegame is listed as r13274.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:47 pm

Arioch wrote:Note: this is not fixed in my build. The main menu identifies the build version as r13305, but when I save a game with it, the build on the savegame is listed as r13274.

It should be fixed if you start a new game. The characters stats for an empire are something that's set when the game is created. So, in a save game created using r13274, the Human leader's name will still be set to "Carver". But, in any games started using builds >=r13283, it should be "Admiral Carver".

Awaras

Postby Awaras » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:14 am

Build r13343
Game_410

Something's off with the mouse pointer when I try to use the option to recall trade ships currently trading on trade routes back to a system.

When I place the ship cursor over my home system of Tyl, the Aldebaran system is selected:

In order to select Tyl, I need to move the cursor down and to the left, right next to the Hamal system:

The pointer behaves normally in other situations.

edited by sven: Thanks for the report. This should be patched as of r13366.

halftea

Postby halftea » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:44 pm

Just uploaded Game 419. I was attacking a Yoral fleet with a fleet that included Orthin Gunboats. When engaging with the Siege gun, it at first seemed to work as any other weapon and whittled down the troopships I was facing. However on the second turn I killed the first troopship I was softening up and the siege gun was able to fire again. (!!!) I killed nine different troopships with the same weapon in the same turn. While I enjoy the "Orthin Beam of Death for All Comers", I have a feeling that isn't working as intended. It did reset once I hit a ship that didn't explode instantly though. I will try to reproduce and grab screen shots.

edited by sven: Thanks for this report -- it should be fixed as of r13368.

halftea

Postby halftea » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Never mind, you can see it in the post turn summary.

Also, I had noticed that damaged troop transports typically don't retreat. I'm guessing there is a bug in the AI behavior there as well. Not that I mind being able to mop up those pesky transports....

halftea

Postby halftea » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:07 pm

Confirmed the "Beam of Death to All" is reproducible. I can upload another game file, but something screwy with the Orthin Siege weaponry. Wouldn't be an issue facing larger ships as it properly marks as expended if you don't kill a ship.

JohnnyW00t

Postby JohnnyW00t » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:35 pm

Planet GAIA has build queue option to colonize GAIA.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 41980 times

post edited by sven: I haven't been able to replicate this one. If anyone else sees something similar, please upload the game.

Xellzul

Postby Xellzul » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:27 am

made this one on r1325 and now i get lua errors, but here you go:
https://mega.nz/#!p9pSXBDJ!bq9U4hx3FqCL ... fYw05pFGQs
its Gacrux II

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:05 pm

Xellzul wrote:made this one on r1325 and now i get lua errors, but here you go:
https://mega.nz/#!p9pSXBDJ!bq9U4hx3FqCL ... fYw05pFGQs
its Gacrux II

Thanks for the upload -- this bug should be fixed. (For reference, you should also be able to upload games by going to Options--> upload game logs, which may be easier than using a third-party site.)

echo2361

Postby echo2361 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:32 am

So I decided to try firing the game up this evening only to have both the regular sis launcher and the update launcher fail to load. I kept getting the following error:

(no unique_exceptions handlers)
updater\client_update.lua3: Failed to open file C:/(x86)/Stars in Shadow/logs/update_log.txt
updater\client_update.lua:3:log:
updater\start.lua:186:

The only thing I can think of that has changed since the last time I opened the game up is that I've upgraded to Windows 10. Not sure what to do at this point. Not much of a computer expert beyond playing games really. Will I need to redownload and install the game?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:00 pm

echo2361 wrote:The only thing I can think of that has changed since the last time I opened the game up is that I've upgraded to Windows 10. Not sure what to do at this point. Not much of a computer expert beyond playing games really. Will I need to redownload and install the game?

Between Windows 7 and Windows 10, the write permission rules changed for some windows directories. SiS needs to be in a directory where you have write permission -- and if the pre-upgrade install was in, say "c:\Program Files (x86)" which was writeable in Windows 7, but isn't in 10, that would explain this error.

There are 2 plausible fixes.

1) Move the "Stars in Shadow" directory somewhere where you're certain you have file writing permission. This may actually be harder than it sounds, as the win 10 upgrade might have recursively locked most of the content. And figuring out how to undo those locks could be more trouble than it's worth.

2) Re-download the game, and reinstall.

Option 2) may well be easier, depending on how, exactly, the file permissions have been changed as a result of the upgrade.

(It's also worth noting that people who have joined the beta relatively recently shouldn't have this problem, as the default Stars in Shadow directory is now C:\Stars in Shadow, which is writeable in both windows 7 and windows 10.)

Return to “Archives”