Bug Report Archive

Threads and posts that have become outdated are preserved here.

Moderator: luciderous

sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:25 pm

Gyrfalcon wrote:When I have multiple ships selected, they overrun the box on the bottom right and, when I have them fire their weapons, the beams come from the selected ships box as well as from the actual ship.

These should both be fixed as of r12818. Thanks for the reports.

Awaras

Postby Awaras » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:03 pm

Bug? Not yet implemented?
The 'Projects/Ships/All' tabs in the production window do not work.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:39 pm

It's not functional yet.

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:17 pm

game_329 I sniped a new colony at Arcusi with a lone troopship, but got a message that, although we had control of the skies, we didn't have enough troops to invade. But I did have enough and was able to take the planet, so I think the message is in error.

ETA: I got the same message and result at Sargas IV a turn or two later.
Summer grasses
all that remains of great soldiers'
imperial dreams - Basho

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:32 am

game_330 happened when I clicked Attack at Rasalgethi after picking the battleships, HCs, and Missile Cruisers to leave the rest behind. I did get the error again, but couldn't reproduce it the next turn after the Phidi Cruiser had left.

edited by sven: Interesting. I can replicate the error, though I've yet to find the time to look into it carefully. Thanks for the report.
Summer grasses
imperial dreams - Basho

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:00 am

Is a Dread Star really supposed to take 80+ turns on a normal, well-built planet? Even Gaia, with 33 population and 7 Factories would take 47 turns to finish one.

Also, why can I terraform some planets and not others? Take a look at Eluz in one of those saved games I've sent recently. It's pretty well built-out, but no terraforming options are available to the poor Phidi. If there is some game rule reason for it, I think it could be communicated better. Actually, I'd like some tooltips for the various terraforming options that tell me what effect terraforming will have on the current planetary population. Island and Garden both seem like great options.

ETA: Philosir I is a rock with one colonist, but it has terraforming options. I just don't understand.
Attachments
Dred Star.jpg
Dred Star.jpg (180.52 KiB) Viewed 21511 times
Summer grasses
imperial dreams - Basho

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:24 am

The Dead Star and terraforming options are late-game techs that are far from complete.

projekcja

Postby projekcja » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:42 pm

I seem to have a recurring bug on the lastest 'stable' version r12911, where a new design sometimes has the default components instead of the ones I put in. I cant reproduce it reliably, but I twice made a new design - with a new name, produced a ship with the new name, and it had 'default' systems instead of the ones I choose. I later refit these ships successfully. I uploaded the game where this happened.

Awaras

Postby Awaras » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:33 pm

projekcja wrote:I seem to have a recurring bug on the lastest 'stable' version r12911, where a new design sometimes has the default components instead of the ones I put in. I cant reproduce it reliably, but I twice made a new design - with a new name, produced a ship with the new name, and it had 'default' systems instead of the ones I choose. I later refit these ships successfully. I uploaded the game where this happened.

I had this happen to me too, not sure if I saved the game...

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:54 pm

projekcja wrote:I seem to have a recurring bug on the lastest 'stable' version r12911, where a new design sometimes has the default components instead of the ones I put in. I cant reproduce it reliably, but I twice made a new design - with a new name, produced a ship with the new name, and it had 'default' systems instead of the ones I choose. I later refit these ships successfully. I uploaded the game where this happened.

Hrm. On turn 1222 -- it looks like you triggered the "cheat" option. One side-effect of cheating is that all your designs are reset to auto-designed configs. That's probably confusing and unnecessary, but, then, the "cheat" button isn't really a well-supported feature :)

More generally though, one quirk of the ship design/production system, particularly relative to MOO2 -- is that if you edit a design, but don't change the name, any ships under construction using that design name will change their loadouts to the new spec. That's an intentional feature -- but, if you're finding it confusing / unintuitive, please let us know.

bevo

Postby bevo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:43 pm

I just uploaded logs for game 339. This is an obvious and minor issue, so you probably already know about it. At the end of a battle, the results window seems to always say "DRAW" regardless of what happened. This occurred several times and at different planets.. whether I was clearly defeated or victorious. However, the small display next to the planet afterward correctly indicated "victory" or "defeat"

Awaras

Postby Awaras » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:20 pm

Game 342
Build r12961
Started playing as humans. A few turns later my lone starting outpost was attacked by two ships. They fired nuclear missiles at it, damaging it but not destroying it. Because of the damage (I guess?!) the 'Self Destruct' option for the outpost became grayed out. After spending their missiles, the ships just kept circling my outpost indefinitely, no matter how many turns passed. What can I do to get out of combat and continue the game?
In-combat save file attached.
Attachments
Human Save inf.zip
(160.41 KiB) Downloaded 605 times

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:36 pm

Awaras wrote:Game 342
Build r12961
Started playing as humans. A few turns later my lone starting outpost was attacked by two ships. They fired nuclear missiles at it, damaging it but not destroying it. Because of the damage (I guess?!) the 'Self Destruct' option for the outpost became grayed out. After spending their missiles, the ships just kept circling my outpost indefinitely, no matter how many turns passed. What can I do to get out of combat and continue the game?
In-combat save file attached.

The current work-around for this bug is to hit ESC->CLOSE, and then, on the strategic map "Next Turn". A real patch remains on my TODO list.

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:31 pm

sven wrote:More generally though, one quirk of the ship design/production system, particularly relative to MOO2 -- is that if you edit a design, but don't change the name, any ships under construction using that design name will change their loadouts to the new spec. That's an intentional feature -- but, if you're finding it confusing / unintuitive, please let us know.

I quite like all in-production ships being updated when I change the design, particularly because it allows me to start building ships when I know I've got a nice weapon coming in a few turns.
Summer grasses
imperial dreams - Basho

Big Imp

Postby Big Imp » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:21 pm

Closing the game when you are in the main menu. I got these 3 error messages,- see attachements. After I pressed OK, the two other messages appears(2 followed by 3)

Just updated to the latest iteration of the game.
This was on my desktop, with the latest driver from Nvidia 353.30.
Attachments
Sis error message 3.jpg
Sis error message 3.jpg (17.21 KiB) Viewed 21568 times
Sis error message 2.jpg
Sis error message 2.jpg (15.48 KiB) Viewed 21568 times
Sis error window.jpg
Sis error window.jpg (14.07 KiB) Viewed 21569 times
Last edited by Big Imp on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1. Desktop Corsair 450D Case, X99 MSI mobo, Intel 5820K i7(Hexacore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia GPU 680 GTX driver v.364.51, Windows 10 Pro
2. Laptop ASUS ROG G751JY, Intel i7 4720(Quadcore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia 980M(Driver 364.51), Windows 10

Return to “Archives”