New DLC

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
zolobolo

Re: New DLC

Postby zolobolo » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:44 am

Is there a chance the new Human Arkship and Human specific Super-Dreadnought are added to the game before the DLC is done so we can play around with them earlier?

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:13 pm

zolobolo wrote:Is there a chance the new Human Arkship and Human specific Super-Dreadnought are added to the game before the DLC is done so we can play around with them earlier?

I don't know. That would depend on when they're done relative the to the state of the rest of the game.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:42 pm

Arioch wrote:
zolobolo wrote:Is there a chance the new Human Arkship and Human specific Super-Dreadnought are added to the game before the DLC is done so we can play around with them earlier?

I don't know. That would depend on when they're done relative the to the state of the rest of the game.

The Human Arch has some unique feature to it I assume but the Superdred is "only" replacing the existing template for Humans with a different art and layout right?

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:03 am

zolobolo wrote:
Arioch wrote:

The Human Arch has some unique feature to it I assume but the Superdred is "only" replacing the existing template for Humans with a different art and layout right?

Yes.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:37 am

Here's hoping development has been continuing well! It can be hard to wait in the absence of news sometimes, but I'm always looking forward to seeing further updates to Stars in Shadow. Which remains one of my most-played games.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:45 pm

Not much recent progress... this year is slipping by quickly.

My most recent work was on the Gardeners CL.

gardeners_patrol_cruiser3ax.jpg
gardeners_patrol_cruiser3ax.jpg (281.69 KiB) Viewed 26673 times

Dragar

Postby Dragar » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:16 pm

Really lovely look to it. I really enjoy the distinctive styles of the races ships.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:36 am

It is very cool, and the lensing effect around the rear spike is really suggestive about the mechanism of its propulsion. Here's hoping you and Sven get more chances to continue working sometime soon!

Ashbery76

Postby Ashbery76 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:11 pm

Playing this game again and dam I want more stuff.Still great.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:57 am

Ashbery76 wrote:Playing this game again and dam I want more stuff.Still great.

It really is. Right up there for my recent space strategy games.

fonzosh

Postby fonzosh » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:40 pm

So, back playing the game after a long hiatus and noticing to my surprise that it is still alive and with a possible DLC coming up :D

So, a couple of thing that I would really like to see is the following:

Game Mechanics:
1. If you have captured a ship and have the tech to upgrade it, it would be possible to add it as a bluprint as any other ships. This just for the convinience of avoiding upgrading each captured ship manually. It takes a long time and it really bores the ... out of me (by the way, I love capturing ships :D ).
2. Super Dreadnuaghts and even death stars should be Race specific, both in setup and graphic.
3. Planet defences should be able to attack a blockade. I mean, what is the meaning that if you have a heavily defenced planet and an unarmed scoutship can blockade all the ingoing traffic to the planet?

New stuff:
1. More exotic tech (im thinking maybe mines that expode in an enemy ship comes near, guided missiles aso).
2. Monsters! Maybe the arda has things that prey on them in the other dimension. Stupid space monsters that escape and wreak havoc?

Suggestion? How about taking on more people fixing stuff in the game. I think there are several people that would love (and are able) to help and make it more a community thing, like Battle for Wesnoth (that gets updates and stuff almost weekly).

Just my two cents. Glad to be back playing the game. Will be fun to see the dlc. Any realease date?

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:40 pm

nweismuller wrote:
Ashbery76 wrote:Playing this game again and dam I want more stuff.Still great.

It really is. Right up there for my recent space strategy games.

Yep: Didnt see anything better in space 4x style crop up since (and it has been a while now)

Luckily there has been a surge in 4x games lately (video and board games alike :) but getting them right in space seems to be difficult

Hope SiS gets and udpate as each new race increases the scale of the map

Serenitis

Postby Serenitis » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:24 pm

fonzosh wrote:1. If you have captured a ship and have the tech to upgrade it, it would be possible to add it as a bluprint as any other ships. This just for the convinience of avoiding upgrading each captured ship manually. It takes a long time and it really bores the ... out of me (by the way, I love capturing ships :D ).

This is one of my bugbears.
If I capture a ship and I already have another ship of identical base type, why can I not select a layout from the top-left option dropdown for "copy <ship x>"?
There doesn't even need to be an explicit ability to have a stored design as per your own ships. Just the ability to copy something you've already outfitted, thus removing the (imo rather unfun) micromanagment tax of having to manually duplicate the same thing repeatedly.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:45 pm

Serenitis wrote:
fonzosh wrote:1. If you have captured a ship and have the tech to upgrade it, it would be possible to add it as a bluprint as any other ships. This just for the convinience of avoiding upgrading each captured ship manually. It takes a long time and it really bores the ... out of me (by the way, I love capturing ships :D ).

This is one of my bugbears.
If I capture a ship and I already have another ship of identical base type, why can I not select a layout from the top-left option dropdown for "copy <ship x>"?
There doesn't even need to be an explicit ability to have a stored design as per your own ships. Just the ability to copy something you've already outfitted, thus removing the (imo rather unfun) micromanagment tax of having to manually duplicate the same thing repeatedly.

There are generic outfit temaplates we can select that ignores the base hull so can be applied to captured ships as well

If all existing outfits woudl be listed the dynamic list might be very long due to the little differences among all the ship hulls and outfits. It would help that the lsit woudl of course only contain existing outfits of a particual base hull but differentiating betwee nthem would no be possible in the absence of a label or description showing in whatthey re different in

I have this exact issue with merc ships that provide a list of units even with image and generic stats (wich help a lot but would not be available in a refit list) but sometimes its still difficuly to tell what exactly lies underneath them.

So yes, if this would be done it would need to be done via templates so the palyer can input a label for identification (MK1; MK2; or laser, rocket etc...)

Generally though using a lot of boarding myself (with shielded and cloacked cruisers :)) I dont have an issue with refit templates of other ship hulls
This is partially thanks to the above mentioned outfit rules and partially since I dont really value these ships that much to keep them up to date all the time

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:29 pm

So what are the rough chances we will ge to se the Gardeners and fallout, terraforming mechanics in 2022?

With the pandemic going on I was hoping the publisher would throw some funds on this games way now that a large chunk of humanity is sitting at home and buying up PC games to remain sane :)

Return to “General Forum”