Production queue should allow us to do 5 things per turn.

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
zenopath

Production queue should allow us to do 5 things per turn.

Postby zenopath » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:09 pm

Please allow planets to build multiple things if they have enough production and have them queued. Refitting ships, in particular, is annoying when you are trying to refit an entire fleet using one-tenth of your shipyard's capacity per ship... at least let us do them 5 at a time if we queue them in batches of 5, rather than one at a time. In general, I would like production to work like research, if you have enough production and alloys, it should just do everything it can per turn, rather than sometimes wasting overflow.

PrivateHudson

Re: Production queue should allow us to do 5 things per turn.

Postby PrivateHudson » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:56 pm

Huh? The colony already can produce several queued things in one turn, including refits. Just like research.

zenopath

Postby zenopath » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:26 pm

I will test it again, but it didn't seem to want to work last time. Maybe I messed up, will check.

10JML01

Postby 10JML01 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:37 pm

It can do 5 things, but what is annoying is that it can ONLY do 5 things when refitting. If you have a LOT of production and just small upgrades to be made to the entire fleet it would be far better to have a button (like repeat) to refit all the ships with available production that are wanted to be refitted. Currently it is only possible to buy the refits with coin.
Last edited by 10JML01 on Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zenopath

Postby zenopath » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:36 am

Well, 5 items is better than more 4x games. I figured out what I was doing wrong, I didn't realize the way refitting a new ship put the old ship refit job on the list of items you could do, but have to que them again. That extra step of finding the jobs and queuing them up is a little counterintuitive, so I missed it until I went back and looked.

Return to “General Forum”