Forum Languages

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
luciderous

Forum Languages

Postby luciderous » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:06 am

This is not a strictly enforced policy, but rather a request to all our forum members.

While some of us can speak and understand one's native language, whatever it may be, the majority of others most probably can not. And since this forum is presumed to be English by default - it may be considered rude by other people, if you post something they have trouble understanding. Don't be rude, being rude is bad - you won't be very popular ;)

Please, respect your fellow forum members - try to use English in your posts as much as you can, and if you can't - use Google Translate or similar services to have your messages translated before you post them here.

Thank you for understanding and have a nice stay!

Sziklamester

Re: Forum Languages

Postby Sziklamester » Fri May 08, 2015 6:29 pm

I disagree to use the google translator because that isn't so useful in translating grammar. I suggest to everyone to learn or ask others whom speak a little bit better english or make language topics with moderators whom can tl;dr translate into english.

luciderous

Postby luciderous » Fri May 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Sziklamester wrote:I disagree to use the google translator because that isn't so useful in translating grammar. I suggest to everyone to learn or ask others whom speak a little bit better english or make language topics with moderators whom can tl;dr translate into english.

I didn't say that Google Translate is the best solution, only that it is still viable, if you can not write in English at all. No one will be able to learn English overnight, and therefore no matter how bad Google Translate may be, it's nonetheless way better then looking at some unknown symbols and trying to guess what someone meant.

And asking moderators to translate something for someone is not a good way to proceed, believe me. I've seen this before, and it always turns ugly very quickly.

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Fri May 08, 2015 8:48 pm

I've also seen people use a translator and put the original text at the bottom so that others who can read the original can see it without the errors a software translator will introduce.
Summer grasses
all that remains of great soldiers'
imperial dreams - Basho

Return to “Testing”