Bug Report Archive

Threads and posts that have become outdated are preserved here.

Moderator: luciderous

VagabondZOD

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby VagabondZOD » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:20 pm

Encountered a few oddities that are possibly known, but I'm new to this so please be patient.

1) I bombed a colony and then sent a colony ship there. It had 2 level 2 factories and 1 level 2 lab. However, it only gave 8 production and 4 research when I thought that should be 20 production and 10 research. Now, I only had a 1 pop there so it seems a good chance that the game caps building values by pop but I didn't see anything to indicate that limit. So maybe a bug, maybe information is lacking, or maybe I just didn't look in the right place:
sis colony numbers off.jpg
sis colony numbers off.jpg (22.32 KiB) Viewed 25107 times

2) I am confused by what the information in the planetary report means. It looks to list +industry/+science/+money, but the values don't match anything from the planets that I can make sense of.
sis planetary report confusing values.jpg
sis planetary report confusing values.jpg (18.67 KiB) Viewed 25107 times

edited by sven: this bug should be fixed on stable.

3) Text in the research window has an overlap issue, but only in Windowed mode. If I'm in full screen everything looks great.
sis research text overlap windowed.jpg
sis research text overlap windowed.jpg (21.47 KiB) Viewed 25107 times

4) Unfortunately I don't have a screen shot of this issue, but my colony ship settled on a planet with a minor race. I wanted to know what they did, but I didn't get the question mark at mouse over and clicking on them didn't work. Additionally, my own race was only partially displayed as it went off screen. This happened in Full screen. I switched to Windowed mode and it was fine. Switched back to Full screen mode and that was also now fine.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:41 pm

VagabondZOD wrote:1) I bombed a colony and then sent a colony ship there. It had 2 level 2 factories and 1 level 2 lab. However, it only gave 8 production and 4 research when I thought that should be 20 production and 10 research. Now, I only had a 1 pop there so it seems a good chance that the game caps building values by pop but I didn't see anything to indicate that limit. So maybe a bug, maybe information is lacking, or maybe I just didn't look in the right place:
sis colony numbers off.jpg

Each building requires 2 population to operate at full efficiency, so when the planet is underpopulated there is a yield penalty. This needs to be more clearly communicated in the UI.

VagabondZOD wrote:2) I am confused by what the information in the planetary report means. It looks to list +industry/+science/+money, but the values don't match anything from the planets that I can make sense of.
sis planetary report confusing values.jpg

This display was just added in a recent patch, and is not yet working properly. Only the +industry number is valid; the +science/+currency values always read 0.

VagabondZOD wrote:3) Text in the research window has an overlap issue, but only in Windowed mode. If I'm in full screen everything looks great.
sis research text overlap windowed.jpg

Yes, this is a known issue.

AzraelRavenwing

Postby AzraelRavenwing » Fri May 01, 2015 6:46 am

So.. I load up a game or I play the game for 2-3 hours and the game crashes. I knew about the time hitting a limit were the game crashes. but loading saves if bugged too?
AVE DOMINUS NOX! We have come for you!

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri May 01, 2015 6:59 am

Sven is on the road this weekend, and will be mostly out of contact until Tuesday or so. If you run into a crash problem, upload your save at crash time (or if this is not possible, reload and then manually upload the game save from the options menu), and Sven will take a look at them when he gets back.

AzraelRavenwing

Postby AzraelRavenwing » Fri May 01, 2015 7:38 am

Alright no problem

Big Imp

Postby Big Imp » Sun May 03, 2015 11:26 am

As you can see from attachment(noattack) no incoming. Uploaded savegame 220 and 221.
Out of the blue a hostile fleet is in my system?
Attachments
fleet out of the blue.jpg
fleet out of the blue.jpg (303 KiB) Viewed 25122 times
noattack.jpg
noattack.jpg (264.1 KiB) Viewed 25122 times
1. Desktop Corsair 450D Case, X99 MSI mobo, Intel 5820K i7(Hexacore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia GPU 680 GTX driver v.364.51, Windows 10 Pro
2. Laptop ASUS ROG G751JY, Intel i7 4720(Quadcore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia 980M(Driver 364.51), Windows 10

Big Imp

Postby Big Imp » Sun May 03, 2015 11:47 am

Uploaded 220-226 and I have a suspicion, that is a fleet hidden in Acamar even though it is not showing. I saw a fleet incoming but the next turn it disappeared. Even though it would take a couple of turn arriving. I don't know if I have missed something, if the fleet can go into stealth mode while travelling?
appeared at game 227/228 out of the blue.

Retraced my turn and when I stepped back some of hostile fleet appeared appeared in another system before travelling to my star system. And that didn't happen when I was watching the game for the next turn(in game). They appear when I retrace my turn. e.a. turn 1437 there is no a fleet at the planet southeast of Acamar, but when I retrace they appear.
I don't know how to explain it but it seems like some fleets are stealth when they are travelling. So I have no idea how to be aware of hostile fleet incoming.
This is not the first time I have experienced this, but I couldn't reproduce it, but now I have seen it and uploaded the games for Sven to look at. Played on my desktop.
1. Desktop Corsair 450D Case, X99 MSI mobo, Intel 5820K i7(Hexacore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia GPU 680 GTX driver v.364.51, Windows 10 Pro
2. Laptop ASUS ROG G751JY, Intel i7 4720(Quadcore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia 980M(Driver 364.51), Windows 10

Big Imp

Postby Big Imp » Sun May 03, 2015 1:19 pm

When you get wiped the games doesn't end. I can press next turn even though I have no pop. see game 229

AzraelRavenwing

Postby AzraelRavenwing » Sun May 03, 2015 6:50 pm

I think the Leech missles are bugged. they have in the game saying 75 damage but to shields only, but they also do damage to the hull when they aint supposed too.

edited by sven: should be patched on dev (r12372), thanks for the report.

icekatze

Postby icekatze » Mon May 04, 2015 4:50 am

hi hi

I don't know if this is a new bug, but in the middle of a planetary bombardment, I managed to get a negative population.

negativepop.png
negativepop.png (823.63 KiB) Viewed 25114 times

edited by sven: i believe this one should be patched on dev (r12382).

AzraelRavenwing

Postby AzraelRavenwing » Mon May 04, 2015 6:14 am

icekatze wrote:hi hi

I don't know if this is a new bug, but in the middle of a planetary bombardment, I managed to get a negative population.

negativepop.png

Ya bombed them so hard ya broke the game. Good Job lol. but yeah I had this same thing happen to me earlier

icekatze

Postby icekatze » Wed May 06, 2015 8:42 am

hi hi

I blame "quantums" for the negative population. (That's sci fi, right?) :lol:

In other news, I found what I can only assume is a bug that allows me to create a planet out of a gas giant. (As much as I love being able to turn gas giants into planets, I suppose reporting it is the responsible thing to do.)

Step 1: Put an outpost around a gas giant.
Step 2: Put a colony ship in the same system, and hit colonize. You will get a colony of 1 million, with a -1 million overpopulation problem.

planet_construction.png
planet_construction.png (828.31 KiB) Viewed 25146 times

Step 3: Select "Terraform" from the build menu.
Step 4: Buy the terraforming so that it completes in a single turn.
Step 5: Hit next turn.

planet_construction2.png
planet_construction2.png (889.93 KiB) Viewed 25146 times

Voila, a brand new colony planet!

Edit: It only seems to work on warm gas giants.

edited by sven: this is another bug that's so cool i almost regret patching it :) but sadly, as of r12361 (currently on dev), colonizing gas-giants should no longer be possible.

Dinkelsen

Postby Dinkelsen » Wed May 06, 2015 11:53 am

Big Imp wrote:As you can see from attachment(noattack) no incoming. Uploaded savegame 220 and 221.
Out of the blue a hostile fleet is in my system?

I had a similar issue some weeks ago, the solution to mine might also apply to you:
You cannot see ships orbiting stars that you have not visited (no name, no planet types). So if there was a fleet in one of those systems and they could reach your system in one turn it would look like they appeard out of nowhere.

Regards, Stephan

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed May 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Big Imp wrote:Uploaded 220-226 and I have a suspicion, that is a fleet hidden in Acamar even though it is not showing. I saw a fleet incoming but the next turn it disappeared. Even though it would take a couple of turn arriving. I don't know if I have missed something, if the fleet can go into stealth mode while travelling?

Yeah, Dinkelsen is indeed correct. The problem here is that you haven't scouted Alioth -- the red dwarf just below Acamar; and the Gremak have a fleet there. The fleet is inside your scanner range, but, the current detection rules imply that you can't see ships inside systems you haven't explored -- no matter how close those systems are to your own bases.

The idea behind this rule is that if you need to explore a system to figure out whether or not it contains planets, you also probably need to explore it before you can detect enemy fleets.

Alioth is only 1 turn from Acamar, so as soon as the Gremak set course for your world, they arrive without warning. I'm open to debating the fleet visibility rule -- we've switched it around a few times in the last few months. But, atm, this is "working as intended". Right now, leaving nearby systems unexplored has some serious strategic costs.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed May 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Big Imp wrote:When you get wiped the games doesn't end. I can press next turn even though I have no pop. see game 229

elegant handling of this case will probably need to wait until we update the way report notifications are handled / auto-resolved. (the key complication, right now, is that because a lot of things can happen during end-turn auto-resolution, it's possible to lose the game as a consequence of hitting 'next turn' -- which is awkward).

but, for now, i've added a simple change to 'dev' that just swaps the "next turn" text to "game over".

Return to “Archives”