Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
SgtArmyGuy

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby SgtArmyGuy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:24 pm

When renaming systems, the galaxy map screen doesn't show any capital letters after renaming. Prior capital letters already present in the system name also disappear, i.e. "Fomalhaut" becomes "fomalhaut". The text box used for renaming still has the proper formatting, but this does not transfer onto the galaxy map screen.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:47 pm

SgtArmyGuy wrote:When renaming systems, the galaxy map screen doesn't show any capital letters after renaming. Prior capital letters already present in the system name also disappear, i.e. "Fomalhaut" becomes "fomalhaut". The text box used for renaming still has the proper formatting, but this does not transfer onto the galaxy map screen.

Interesting... I can't seem to replicate this one. I wonder if it's related to the windows language settings? Are you using a non-English keyboard? (If so, does switching to an English keyboard layout, temporarily, fix the issue?)

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:58 pm

sven wrote:
SgtArmyGuy wrote:When renaming systems, the galaxy map screen doesn't show any capital letters after renaming. Prior capital letters already present in the system name also disappear, i.e. "Fomalhaut" becomes "fomalhaut". The text box used for renaming still has the proper formatting, but this does not transfer onto the galaxy map screen.

Interesting... I can't seem to replicate this one. I wonder if it's related to the windows language settings? Are you using a non-English keyboard? (If so, does switching to an English keyboard layout, temporarily, fix the issue?)

Oh, never mind, I think I know what's happening -- you're trying to rename a system where you have an outpost, and it's converting to lower case. That's actually working as designed -- MOO2 had the convention of always showing outpost-systems in lower case as a way of hinting that there were no settled worlds there, and I imitated that convention when I implemented outposts. Arguably, the forced lower case thing is a bit lazy, and what we really should be doing for outpost systems is finding some other way of changing the display style that can communicate the relevant strategic info re: outpost vs. settled world status. That would be a fairly big job though.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:59 pm

Systems that only have outposts are displayed on the map in lower case. I don't think that needs to be changed.

SgtArmyGuy

Postby SgtArmyGuy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:44 am

sven wrote:
sven wrote:

Ah, yes, it was the Outpost shenanigans. I myself have a naming convention of adding a suffix to Outpost systems, i.e. "Alder" becomes "Alder - OP". Without the ability to use capital letters in the name, however, the font doesn't pop out enough on the galaxy map, so my system doesn't really work. Similarly, the missing capital letter doesn't really help me pinpoint the outpost sytems either.

Any chance you could let the user choose instead of choosing for him?

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:31 pm

SgtArmyGuy wrote:Any chance you could let the user choose instead of choosing for him?

Sounds reasonable.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:40 pm

SgtArmyGuy wrote:Any chance you could let the user choose instead of choosing for him?

As of r38570, there's a button in the Options pane called 'Capitalize Outpost Names' that lets you turn the lowercase feature off.

gaerzi

Postby gaerzi » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:19 pm

While you can rename a system in which you have an outpost, you can't rename the planet above which you have the outpost.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:08 am

gaerzi wrote:While you can rename a system in which you have an outpost, you can't rename the planet above which you have the outpost.

Should that matter?

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:41 pm

When savign an ew design, the editor returns to the selection screen of existing designs but hte new one is not yet visible for confirmation. When the shi peditor is opened again the new design is visible

Designs based on the same hull type are not always show nnext ot each other in the planetary buolding screen

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:46 pm

Error: "attempt to index local fleet" uploaded save: game_8755

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 pm

zolobolo wrote:Error: "attempt to index local fleet" uploaded save: game_8755

Looks like one of the optimizations I was trying to reduce latency actually leads to bugs. Thanks for reporting this one. It should be fixed as of r38632.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:14 pm

sven wrote:It should be fixed as of r38632.

Confirmed, thanks!

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Enemy Tinker fleet does not attack player (Orthin) ship blockading their planet in system Procyon though it is outmatched by them
Uploaded game:8771

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:58 am

game_8920
I've bombed Gremak's colony Elnath with Viscids and killed all Gremaks, but the colony still exists (even the next turn). Bug or feature?

Also mouse pointer doesn't change after "Next Turn" (grey) or Save (rotating circle) until you move the mouse. This is a regression after resent changes, I just didn't bother to report yet.

Return to “Testing”