Shield Regeneration Rate Mod

A place for discussion of making game modifications.
zolobolo

Re: Shield Regeneration Rate Mod

Postby zolobolo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:59 am

I love the concept of how recharge rate is displayed but there is a limitation regarding GUI

The below is probably the most extreme case as total shield base capacity cannot go beyond 9999 and recharge rate above 999 (if mod is applied)

Also note that Shield Recharge Module is not yet taken into consideration (below example contains 3 Regen modules but displays default recharge rate), and that description of regen module would need to be updated in the end
Attachments
Regen GUI.png
Regen GUI.png (272.82 KiB) Viewed 8150 times

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:49 pm

You can save some space by displaying the base shield power like resource incomes are done when they reach the 1000 mark: 1.8k/108

This would almost be enough to fit also the shield symbol into the frame
Maybe if the Frame would be expanded to be identical in width as the one above it? As you can see there is some space on the left and right hand side

Also: Can you display the recharge rate also in the tactical battles?
Independently from the regen rate modification it would be useful information for the player in order to estimate how much firepower is necessary to bring down an enemy ship + the actual regen rate of it would be dynamically visible when damage is done to shield and regen modules

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:39 am

I've updated the mod so that the shield regeneration rate shown in the design panel now reflects the number of regenerators.

I also tried adding something that will collapse shield values over 1000 into numbers like 18k, though I haven't tested it.

Haven't got around to adding a shield regeneration rate display in tactical, although if you look closely you can see green +XX numbers appear over each ship every turn when their shield regenerates.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:01 am

harpy eagle wrote:I also tried adding something that will collapse shield values over 1000 into numbers like 18k, though I haven't tested it.

Works as intended as seen below

The overall string will exceed the frame constraints for any ships larger then destroyer class but it is mostly the shield icon itself which does this so it doesn't hinder readability of the numbers

Besides extending the frame itself, the only solution I can think of to get the icon to also fit the frame is to decrease the font size of the shield values or display base and regen under one-another instead of net to each other where regen is aligned to the right and even proceeded by / to make it obvious what it stands for
Attachments
Shield Regen Mod.png
Shield Regen Mod.png (239.82 KiB) Viewed 8123 times

Return to “Modding”