Farming on Iceball worlds

A place for discussion of making game modifications.
akkamaddi

Farming on Iceball worlds

Postby akkamaddi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:59 am

Hello,

Sorry for the totally random question, but I have a question about one of the races I've added. The Abbizi are vent dwellers like the Orthin, but produce more food. (Abbizi are to Orthing like Threshers are to Phidi.)

I've noticed that the Abbizi do not produce food in Iceball worlds (including their home world). I know about farming.lua, where "Iceball=1" is set for the Abbizi just as with the Orthin. Is there another file where farming is controlled?

Thank you.

Chasm

Re: Farming on Iceball worlds

Postby Chasm » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:25 pm

You should only need it from there. When I changed spice mongers, the change went through from only that location.

akkamaddi

Re: Farming on Iceball worlds

Postby akkamaddi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:40 am

Ohhhh....

Sven, this is interesting.

From RACES.lua:

Code: Select all

name = "Abbizi",

And so, logically, in farming.lua:

Abbizi =  {(planets)},

But, no! :o

The race name in farming.lua must start with a lower case letter. So, the fix that works is:

abbizi =  {(planets)},

I remember checking this with Tacheed Tacheed because they can farm on arid world, and it worked. Now, I realize it works because:

name = "Tacheed Tacheed",
race = 'tacheed_tacheed',

and so

tacheed_tacheed ={(planets)},

That would also explain why Chasm's test with the Spice Mongers (thank you) worked, and I repeated the test with Lummonx and Thresher. Those races are listed correctly.

I don't know how much it's actually used, but I guess I should update my race pack.

Return to “Modding”