question on slavery and magnate races

A place for discussion of making game modifications.
akkamaddi

question on slavery and magnate races

Postby akkamaddi » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:15 pm

Hello,

So, I've cranked GIMP and Notepad++ back up. I'm tinkering around with the idea of found-only techs from pre-war races, and two races that have a chance of only appearing as slave colonies. I know there was an issue with techs off the tree causing issues with the tech tree view, so I was going to try to have everything branching off a locked "Mysteries of the Universe" tech.

I've also been thinking about making the Tacheed Tacheed enslavable, and possibly trying to replicate a refugee situation where you can negotiate to get them to join.

My question is, if a minor race can be enslaved, will marauders try to conquer them? Is there something in the AI that marauders only harass player races?

Not that marauders turning on refugee colonies wouldn't be an interesting idea.

Arioch

Re: question on slavery and magnate races

Postby Arioch » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:13 am

I'm not familiar with the code, but slaves require non-slaves to keep them enslaved, and so it's not possible to have a planet with only slaves on it. So yes, any inhabited planet should still be a target for marauders.

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:29 am

Thank you. I am guessing that you have just explained why none of the minor races can be made slaves.

I still think it would be worth trying. :D

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:02 pm

Minor races could be enslaved if they are given the proper trait, but we don't do this because we don't have the art assets for it (and because it would allow the player to simply dispose of unwanted native population).

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:25 pm

Oh, I know about the slavery flag in the race description, and the separate assets. (I forgot to make a chibi version and the game was not happy.) I thought you were saying that Marauders could start just mopping up nearby minor race colonies, which would not be ideal.

And, thank you for the answers. I appreciate your time.

Return to “Modding”