Question about Viscids...

A place for discussion of making game modifications.
akkamaddi

Question about Viscids...

Postby akkamaddi » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:11 pm

Viscids do not have a "dissident" picture.

Is there a mechanic that prevents them from participating in an uprising? Or, do dissidents simply use the normal image because they all look the same?

Arioch

Re: Question about Viscids...

Postby Arioch » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:32 pm

The Viscid are immune to morale, and so never become discontent (and therefore don't require a discontent graphic).

They are supposed to have the "Ambivalent" attribute, but for some reason this is not displayed.

akkamaddi

Re: Question about Viscids...

Postby akkamaddi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:10 am

Arioch wrote:They are supposed to have the "Ambivalent" attribute, but for some reason this is not displayed.

Uuuuummmmmmm........

It's not displayed because it's not there? :(

I was just tinkering with the RACES.lua and planet_types.lua files to turn the Ajadar~cough!~cough!~Viscids into a useful race. (I'll share what I did after I toy with altering their home world.) I only saw race specials being listed in RACES.lua. The two listed for Viscids were Sessile and Primitive.

I was actually tempted to add Ambivalent. If it is supposed to be there, you might want to slip it into the master for the next roll-out. I don't know if revolting viscids would break the game without the image file. (I've already mentioned elsewhere that revolting taribs will take the normal colonist image if they outnumber the colonists, and it does not revert back when the numbers switch, so I'm not sure how the image files are assigned.)

Return to “Modding”