Bug Report Archive

Threads and posts that have become outdated are preserved here.

Moderator: luciderous

sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:26 pm

Big Imp wrote:Closing the game when you are in the main menu. I got this error message see attachement.

Just updated to the latest iteration of the game.
This was on my desktop.

Looks like a crash during shutdown. Should be mostly harmless -- but still worth looking at. Does this happen anytime you exit from the main menu, or is it rare?

edit: Actually, if you quite the updater before it finishes asset checking, this is an expected result. Um... I should probably fix that, at least in the sense of making the errors more informative. i.e., it should say something like "asset checking was aborted, be aware that you may experience additional latency or freezes during gameplay."

Big Imp

Postby Big Imp » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:30 pm

Just happened I haven't tried it again. Please look at the updated thread I made, I have posted 3 pic.'s to show you what happened.

Ps this happened just after I updated the game and closed it, by pressing the "X" on the main game window.
1. Desktop Corsair 450D Case, X99 MSI mobo, Intel 5820K i7(Hexacore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia GPU 680 GTX driver v.364.51, Windows 10 Pro
2. Laptop ASUS ROG G751JY, Intel i7 4720(Quadcore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia 980M(Driver 364.51), Windows 10

Big Imp

Postby Big Imp » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:37 pm

sven wrote:
Big Imp wrote:Closing the game when you are in the main menu. I got this error message see attachement.

Just updated to the latest iteration of the game.
This was on my desktop.

Looks like a crash during shutdown. Should be mostly harmless -- but still worth looking at. Does this happen anytime you exit from the main menu, or is it rare?

edit: Actually, if you quite the updater before it finishes asset checking, this is an expected result. Um... I should probably fix that, at least in the sense of making the errors more informative. i.e., it should say something like "asset checking was aborted, be aware that you may experience additional latency or freezes during gameplay."

It is on build :r12945 (06/23/2015) and seems to be updated :!:
1. Desktop Corsair 450D Case, X99 MSI mobo, Intel 5820K i7(Hexacore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia GPU 680 GTX driver v.364.51, Windows 10 Pro
2. Laptop ASUS ROG G751JY, Intel i7 4720(Quadcore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia 980M(Driver 364.51), Windows 10

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Big Imp wrote:It is on build :r12945 (06/23/2015) and seems to be updated :!:

I believe these should be fixed as of r13000 (currently on 'stable'). Let me know if you see them again.

projekcja

Postby projekcja » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:36 pm

Playing as the Yoral, I've had several cases where the flak cannons cannot target missiles, saying they're out of range when the missiles are right on top of the targetting ship. While this may not be a bug, it doesn't feel right to me. uploaded in game 345

JohnnyW00t

Re: Bug Report Archive

Postby JohnnyW00t » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:58 am

Uploaded game_352, playing as Phidi. Just started an attack against a planet in a system where I control the other 2 planets. When I got to the combat screen I could control the enemy ships but not my own. I've seen this same issue once before, many weeks ago. Pardon me while I self destruct their ships for them :-)

JohnnyW00t

Re: Bug Report Archive

Postby JohnnyW00t » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:00 am

JohnnyW00t wrote:Uploaded game_352, playing as Phidi.

When I reloaded this game, control of the ships was switched back around the way it should be. So you likely will not see the issue if you load my saved game. However, maybe there is something in the logs that will help you diagnose?

ja7833

mouse pointer issues

Postby ja7833 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:39 am

Hello, first forum post. Just pre-ordered and played the beta for the first time.

Is there a known issue with the mouse pointer in the game? In full screen mode the mouse pointer is invisible (alt-tab seems to bring it back but only until you click on something then it becomes invisible again), in window mode it seems to work fine.

sven
Site Admin

Re: mouse pointer issues

Postby sven » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:27 am

ja7833 wrote:Is there a known issue with the mouse pointer in the game? In full screen mode the mouse pointer is invisible (alt-tab seems to bring it back but only until you click on something then it becomes invisible again), in window mode it seems to work fine.

Nope -- that is definitely a bug, and not one I was aware of. Thanks for reporting it. I'll look into it.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:06 pm

bevo wrote:I just uploaded logs for game 339. This is an obvious and minor issue, so you probably already know about it. At the end of a battle, the results window seems to always say "DRAW" regardless of what happened. This occurred several times and at different planets.. whether I was clearly defeated or victorious. However, the small display next to the planet afterward correctly indicated "victory" or "defeat"

This one is proving to be a bit tricky. Essentially, what seems to be happening is that the battle record being saved is incomplete for some reason -- ending before all the ships of one side or the other have been destroyed. I'm not yet sure why this happens, but, I am looking into it.

sven
Site Admin

Re: mouse pointer issues

Postby sven » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:29 pm

ja7833 wrote:Hello, first forum post. Just pre-ordered and played the beta for the first time.

Is there a known issue with the mouse pointer in the game? In full screen mode the mouse pointer is invisible (alt-tab seems to bring it back but only until you click on something then it becomes invisible again), in window mode it seems to work fine.

I haven't been able to replicate this bug, but, I have a few suspicions about what might be behind it. A couple candidate fixes have been added as of r13066 (currently on 'dev').

If you still see this behavior on builds >=13066, would you go into Options, disable "edge panning", and let me know if the cursor is still disappears in fullscreen mode?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:19 pm

projekcja wrote:Playing as the Yoral, I've had several cases where the flak cannons cannot target missiles, saying they're out of range when the missiles are right on top of the targetting ship. While this may not be a bug, it doesn't feel right to me. uploaded in game 345

This is a bug, but one I'm having a hard time replicating. Restarting the battle at Dubhe and imitating your first move, I am able to attack the Marauder's missiles. If you notice this happening again, please upload the game from inside the tactical battle (by going to Options->upload game logs before you complete the fight).

projekcja

Postby projekcja » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:04 pm

sven wrote:
projekcja wrote:Playing as the Yoral, I've had several cases where the flak cannons cannot target missiles, saying they're out of range when the missiles are right on top of the targetting ship. While this may not be a bug, it doesn't feel right to me. uploaded in game 345

This is a bug, but one I'm having a hard time replicating. Restarting the battle at Dubhe and imitating your first move, I am able to attack the Marauder's missiles. If you notice this happening again, please upload the game from inside the tactical battle (by going to Options->upload game logs before you complete the fight).

Uploaded game 366. The torpedo could target the missiles, but the flak cannon couldn't. Probably cause torpedoes are omnidirectional, while flak cannons get a forward 90 degree arc.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:16 pm

projekcja wrote:Uploaded game 366. The torpedo could target the missiles, but the flak cannon couldn't. Probably cause torpedoes are omnidirectional, while flak cannons get a forward 90 degree arc.

Hrm. Yes, that is indeed what's going on here. In r13105 (now on 'dev') I tweaked the rules a little so that ships can always fire on missiles that are ontop of them. In some situations, this is going to lead to odd edge cases -- but, I think it's probably an improvement on the current behavior.

bevo

Postby bevo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Playing as Orthin, I researched "Battleship". The research screen shows I have it, but it does not show in the Ship Design screens. Uploaded as Game_368.

Return to “Archives”