Bug Report Archive

Threads and posts that have become outdated are preserved here.

Moderator: luciderous

Arioch

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Arioch » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:22 am

Gyrfalcon wrote:game_124 happened when I went to drop the Gaian centaurs onto my home-world with the intention of, basically, killing them off, since Orthin already get 1 test tube per population. I picked them up fine but, when I clicked to drop them on Bacabs, I get this error.

I've also encountered a few errors in today's build when moving population.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:01 pm

Arioch wrote:
Gyrfalcon wrote:game_124 happened when I went to drop the Gaian centaurs onto my home-world with the intention of, basically, killing them off, since Orthin already get 1 test tube per population. I picked them up fine but, when I clicked to drop them on Bacabs, I get this error.

I've also encountered a few errors in today's build when moving population.

it was a tooltip text formatting glitch -- should be fixed in r12180 (stable).

LongSquared

Postby LongSquared » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:00 am

The bug in game_129 occurred right after the Gremak sold a captured Destroyer and then issued a movement order for the remaining fleet. The Gremak will not allow such things to stop them from capturing, repairing, and then selling every ship in sight. This is, in fact, the basis of their economy.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:05 am

LongSquared wrote:The bug in game_129 occurred right after the Gremak sold a captured Destroyer and then issued a movement order for the remaining fleet. The Gremak will not allow such things to stop them from capturing, repairing, and then selling every ship in sight. This is, in fact, the basis of their economy.

Phidi engineers are on the case! They believe they've isolated and corrected the cause of the issue (shouldn't be possible to trigger this sort of bug in builds >= r12199). Also -- a similar problem was uncovered involving scrapping trade ships -- that should now be fixed as well. Economic disaster averted, we hope :)

Dinkelsen

Postby Dinkelsen » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:36 pm

Dev build 12204:
- It is not possible to embark population to colony ships. I disembarked them so that they multiply whiloe I look for a suitable colony location. I uploaded the error. Sometimes its possible to select the colony ship, other times even the selection will produce an error.
- The Gremak's science advisor does not give any science points as all the other advisors. Is this intentional?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Dinkelsen wrote:Dev build 12204:
- It is not possible to embark population to colony ships. I disembarked them so that they multiply whiloe I look for a suitable colony location. I uploaded the error. Sometimes its possible to select the colony ship, other times even the selection will produce an error.

I think this should be fixed in r12205. That said, there is an intentional quirk around colony ships on-hover behaviors -- unlike transports, which have an on-hover shortcut for disembarking colonists, to disembark the colonists on a colony ship, you need to use the clunkier interface in the ship status pane. We thought this might be a good idea, as disembarking from a colony ship is (we thought) a fairly unusual thing for players to want to do. Though, apparently, not as unusual as we'd imagined ;)

Dinkelsen wrote:The Gremak's science advisor does not give any science points as all the other advisors. Is this intentional?

yes. (i haven't made a serious attempt to balance the science advisors, and with so many things currently subject to change, i probably won't do so for a while -- but, yes, it is intentional.)

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:09 pm

opps. looks like i just posted a diff to stable that included a bug in the planet production screen. fixed in r12236, but, looks like at least 3 people have downloaded the buggy build. here are the errors you may see in r12234:

Code: Select all

Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@ChooseProduction.lua:517: attempt to call global 'call_for_candidates' (a nil value)

Code: Select all

attempt to call a nil value
Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@PlanetRow.lua:515:draw_planets:

Big Imp

Postby Big Imp » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:59 am

I have discovered when a fleet arrive in my system I am unable to attack them if I want to. They just disappear, I couldn't find them in orbit in my planet system.
Or am I missing an option here.
I can only a attack when they decide to attack me, which makes no sense.
1. Desktop Corsair 450D Case, X99 MSI mobo, Intel 5820K i7(Hexacore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia GPU 680 GTX driver v.364.51, Windows 10 Pro
2. Laptop ASUS ROG G751JY, Intel i7 4720(Quadcore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia 980M(Driver 364.51), Windows 10

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:44 am

Big Imp wrote:I have discovered when a fleet arrive in my system I am unable to attack them if I want to. They just disappear, I couldn't find them in orbit in my planet system.
Or am I missing an option here.
I can only a attack when they decide to attack me, which makes no sense.

If a hostile fleet is present in one of your systems, and you have a fleet of your own in the same system, there will be a yellow explosion animated icon at the star. Left-clicking on this icon (or on the associated notification icon on the right side of the screen) will give you the option to attack (at the bottom of the screen).

What do you mean when you say that the enemy fleet disappears? Can you upload a game log (choose "upload game logs" from Options in the game menu) or post a screenshot?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:58 pm

Big Imp wrote:I have discovered when a fleet arrive in my system I am unable to attack them if I want to. They just disappear, I couldn't find them in orbit in my planet system.

Hmm... So, I'm looking through the history in game 151, and at first glance, I don't see any signs of a disappearing enemy fleet. It looks like, on Stardate 1416 (the date of the save), you had 1 destroyer in Adhara, attacked a Yoral destroyer, and were destroyed. 2 turns later, you successfully engaged enemy fleets at both Cheleb and Adhara, winning both battles.

All these battles were started by you -- the enemy ships never tried to engage. So, I think what we're seeing here may actually be a UI problem. What the game intends as a "you have an option to attack" you may be interpreting as "you are required to attack".

halftea

Re: Bug Report Archive

Postby halftea » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:37 pm

Purely cosmetic and I may have missed an earlier report, but Torpedoes seem to be self-referential. I'm guessing they should be referred to as "heavier versions of the [tech] missile"
fusion torpedoes.JPG
fusion torpedoes.JPG (32.53 KiB) Viewed 19471 times

This appears on both the science screen as well as ship design screens:
nuclear torpedos.JPG
nuclear torpedos.JPG (21.23 KiB) Viewed 19471 times

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:06 pm

halftea wrote:Purely cosmetic and I may have missed an earlier report, but Torpedoes seem to be self-referential. I'm guessing they should be referred to as "heavier versions of the [tech] missile"
fusion torpedoes.JPG

nuclear torpedos.JPG

Good point, thanks.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:41 pm

Arioch wrote:
halftea wrote:Purely cosmetic and I may have missed an earlier report, but Torpedoes seem to be self-referential. I'm guessing they should be referred to as "heavier versions of the [tech] missile"
fusion torpedoes.JPG

nuclear torpedos.JPG

Good point, thanks.

(should be fixed on stable)

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:36 am

The Orthin have a hull called a Gunship, with a slot for a Siege weapon. At the time this hull becomes available, the only siege weapon is Ion Artillery. However, Ion Artillery looks to require 400 power and a Fusion plant only generates somewhat over 200, meaning that you have to mount a second powerplant in the System slot, even if you don't mount any other power-consuming weapons. I'm curious if that is a deliberate decision, because it seems kind of pointless to me.
Summer grasses
all that remains of great soldiers'
imperial dreams - Basho

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:23 am

Gyrfalcon wrote:The Orthin have a hull called a Gunship, with a slot for a Siege weapon. At the time this hull becomes available, the only siege weapon is Ion Artillery. However, Ion Artillery looks to require 400 power and a Fusion plant only generates somewhat over 200, meaning that you have to mount a second powerplant in the System slot, even if you don't mount any other power-consuming weapons. I'm curious if that is a deliberate decision, because it seems kind of pointless to me.

The Orthin siege guns are not properly implemented.

Return to “Archives”