Bug Report Archive

Threads and posts that have become outdated are preserved here.

Moderator: luciderous

sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:24 pm

Code: Select all

error : uninitialized reference: all_fleets[1]:
 Lua state\Orders\fleet.lua:181:fleet_travel_dist:
  Lua state\Orders\fleet.lua:226:fleet_travel_time:
   Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@FleetShips.lua:411:
    Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@ColonyReports.lua:130:
     Lua state\@@util\restore_color.lua:9:
      Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@PlanetRow.lua:602:draw_planets:
       Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@SplitScreenPanes.lua:272:
        Lua state\@@util\restore_color.lua:9:
         Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\GalaxyMap.lua:307:
          Lua state\GUI\new_screen_layout.lua:76:scaled_draw_function

I've seen a couple error traces like this uploaded recently. They suggest a glitch triggered by the new Fleet Report pane -- but, I haven't been able to replicate them from the uploaded saves. If anyone can figure out a replication pattern for the glitch, I'd be most grateful.

edited: I think I've got this one figured out. Should be fixed as of r13633. Thanks for all the uploads.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:54 pm

When having Colony ship leave System A, I tried to get ships from System B to System A
The graphic of the Colony ship hovers almost over System A and it would not let me select the ships from System B to go to System A
Ships from System B could go anywhere else.
I could still click on System A (without System B ships selected) and go to the planets
It was not until the next turn when the Colony ship was away from the System A could I then move ships from System B to System A

I guess a simple fix would be to have ship graphic in "orbit" around a System be on the left and ship graphic leaving the System be on the right. Maybe have traveling ships always point to the center of the system as to not overlap the sides. Yea, this works when they come from up or down but have similar issues when traveling from the sides but its a thought.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:21 pm

If icons overlap on the map, clicking multiple times in the same location should cycle through the available click targets.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Armor on Planetary Defenses

I don't think my armor http://i.imgur.com/AYbe1WU.jpg Is supposed to be better than their http://i.imgur.com/7BU08O9.jpg armor?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Captainspire wrote:Armor on Planetary Defenses

I don't think my armor http://i.imgur.com/AYbe1WU.jpg Is supposed to be better than their http://i.imgur.com/7BU08O9.jpg armor?

Well, their total "bunkers" number is higher than yours -- so they can take more damage. But, your planet is larger, which does mean that assuming equal techs, you'd have a modestly tougher planet than they would. (That's what the 55/55 vs. 45/45 is indicating).

Also, you should be aware that I just marked the latest round of balance changes as "stable". So, as soon as you restart the game, you'll be auto-upgraded, and old saves will stop loading.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Got it. Thank you again.

evil713

Postby evil713 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:10 am

ok sent this one in 507 maybe 508, I don't know how but the Orthin just concurred my entire empire in one turn with 2 troopships. All I have are my fleets and one outpost station.

dafuk1.jpg
dafuk1.jpg (504.61 KiB) Viewed 38032 times

dafuk2.jpg
dafuk2.jpg (495.86 KiB) Viewed 38032 times
Attachments
dafuk.zip
(600.75 KiB) Downloaded 1138 times

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:04 am

Interesting!

Those sneaky Orthin!

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:11 pm

evil713 wrote:ok sent this one in 507 maybe 508, I don't know how but the Orthin just concurred my entire empire in one turn with 2 troopships. All I have are my fleets and one outpost station.

Wow, opps. That's a bug in the splinter colony handling. You'd conquered an independent Teros colony earlier at Kazatel, but, the splinter colony encounter wasn't cleaned up properly, so, when the Orthin arrived, the Teros offered to join them. And, because their empire was actually your empire, when they joined the Orthin -- so did you :oops:

This one should be patched on 'stable' (r13663).

Unbroken

Postby Unbroken » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:16 pm

I had a little oopsie when I was browsing the new techs. I was curious about Energy Torpedoes, clicked on it and the game promptly imploded, #511. No other new tech seems to do this, guessing that something's missing that the game was expecting to display in the research screen.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:32 pm

Unbroken wrote:I had a little oopsie when I was browsing the new techs. I was curious about Energy Torpedoes, clicked on it and the game promptly imploded, #511. No other new tech seems to do this, guessing that something's missing that the game was expecting to display in the research screen.

Yep, I see the same problem. It's coughing on the optional prerequisite Viper Dynamics, which is a Gremak-only tech. The error doesn't happen when playing as Gremak.

And Sven, Energy Torpedoes and Marauder Weaponry and Viper Dynamics should be either missile or plasma techs, not beam techs.

evil713

Postby evil713 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:15 am

Right clicking on a weapon in combat makes the number go up beyond how many you have. Does not seem to fire more than you have so just a ui issue.

Is there a way to lock a weapon so it's not fired or part of the shooting order?

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:32 am

evil713 wrote:Is there a way to lock a weapon so it's not fired or part of the shooting order?

Not that I'm aware of.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:57 pm

Arioch wrote:
Unbroken wrote:I had a little oopsie when I was browsing the new techs. I was curious about Energy Torpedoes, clicked on it and the game promptly imploded, #511. No other new tech seems to do this, guessing that something's missing that the game was expecting to display in the research screen.

Yep, I see the same problem. It's coughing on the optional prerequisite Viper Dynamics, which is a Gremak-only tech. The error doesn't happen when playing as Gremak.

And Sven, Energy Torpedoes and Marauder Weaponry and Viper Dynamics should be either missile or plasma techs, not beam techs.

Should be fixed on "stable" (r13671). (Hellbores are now a "plasma" tech as well.)

evil713

Postby evil713 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:04 am

You can fire nuke torpedo's at fighters. don't know about other types yet. EDIT: Also empty torpedo launchers mess with the order of weapons fire, instead of going down the list they go to the first in range weapon.

also Gremak pop transports look like troopships but read as transports.
Last edited by evil713 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Archives”