Bug Report Archive

Threads and posts that have become outdated are preserved here.

Moderator: luciderous

User avatar
sven
Site Admin
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:02 pm

Gyrfalcon wrote:Also, I'm seeing some graphical glitches where some of the missiles disappear and reappear in flight and ships that Retreat reappear briefly back where they started after the animation showing them doing the warp-flash runs.


Yeah, I've seen this happen occasionally myself. I have some theories about why it's happening... But, if you can find a replication pattern that consistently causes a flicker to occur, please post it here.

User avatar
Gyrfalcon
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: The Peninsula

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Gyrfalcon » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:24 pm

sven wrote:Yeah, I've seen this happen occasionally myself. I have some theories about why it's happening... But, if you can find a replication pattern that consistently causes a flicker to occur, please post it here.
Every time I Retreat ships or my opponent Retreats ships, I see the ships reappear until all the other animations complete (until the missiles finish moving). I'm also pretty sure the missile flicker is consistent, although it may be just when the missiles are flying in a straight horizontal line.
Summer grasses
all that remains of great soldiers'
imperial dreams - Basho

User avatar
sven
Site Admin
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Gyrfalcon wrote:
sven wrote:Yeah, I've seen this happen occasionally myself. I have some theories about why it's happening... But, if you can find a replication pattern that consistently causes a flicker to occur, please post it here.
Every time I Retreat ships or my opponent Retreats ships, I see the ships reappear until all the other animations complete (until the missiles finish moving). I'm also pretty sure the missile flicker is consistent, although it may be just when the missiles are flying in a straight horizontal line.


Hrm, yes. It's not all retreats, but, it's certainly pretty common. Missile impacts animated during the same time block as a retreat animation may be reliably problematic. I've got the flicker replicating now. I'll see what I can make of this... Many thanks.

User avatar
Arioch
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:56 am
Location: San Jose, California
Contact:

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Arioch » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:33 pm

I have seen missiles become momentarily invisible, but only once or twice and only recently. I believe one of the occasions was when I was retreating.

User avatar
sven
Site Admin
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Arioch wrote:I have seen missiles become momentarily invisible, but only once or twice and only recently. I believe one of the occasions was when I was retreating.


Well, I found and fixed a couple little bugs that seemed to be behind this behavior. Let me know if you see flickering in any builds >= r12732 (just posted to 'stable'.).

User avatar
faijeya
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby faijeya » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:07 pm

(Playing on dev r12738)

Shift-selecting more than 15 ships results in an error in ui\TacticalContext.cpp, line:967 (sent via game client).
This error is not ignorable in-battle, but is ignorable at the main map.

Trying to place the tenth race onto a colony results in a screen going black and the error telling that the vector isn't meant to have length more than 6 appears (also sent, probably game_293).
Nine races on the same planet are fine, though.

I still don't get why if I'm attacking, the enemy starts the battle, but if I'm defending, I move first.
I believe, it should be vice-versa.

Awaras
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:32 am

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Awaras » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:38 am

I originally posted this in the bug report archive thread. I guess here is much more appropriate... Can a mod please delete the post from the archive thread?

Awaras wrote:A small graphical bug:

Image

In the information window for the lab where it is shown how much research each lab tier generates, the icons for the first and second tier are the same.


Another thing I just noticed about that screenshot which I am not sure if it is a bug or working as intended/not yet implemented:
While the description in the middle of the screen shows three different icons for three tiers of labs and factories, the icons in the upper right corner (in the build slots) never change when you unlock appropriate tech and always appear as if they are tier 2 (factory with two smokestacks, lab with three domes), even at the start of the game.

User avatar
sven
Site Admin
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Awaras wrote:Another thing I just noticed about that screenshot which I am not sure if it is a bug or working as intended/not yet implemented:
While the description in the middle of the screen shows three different icons for three tiers of labs and factories, the icons in the upper right corner (in the build slots) never change when you unlock appropriate tech and always appear as if they are tier 2 (factory with two smokestacks, lab with three domes), even at the start of the game.


Ah. Looks like the game is falling back on some test art.... In the lower right-hand side of your Options pane, you should see a toggle that says "colored improvements". Turning this *off* will give you more consistent icons.

I believe that off is the current default for new installs, so, this is something you likely turned on yourself while testing. And, I think Arioch and I are now agreed that the flat-color improvement icons look better -- so, I should probably start hiding this option in new installs.

User avatar
sven
Site Admin
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:57 pm

faijeya wrote:Shift-selecting more than 15 ships results in an error in ui\TacticalContext.cpp, line:967 (sent via game client).
This error is not ignorable in-battle, but is ignorable at the main map.


Should be fixed on dev (r12751).

faijeya wrote:Trying to place the tenth race onto a colony results in a screen going black and the error telling that the vector isn't meant to have length more than 6 appears (also sent, probably game_293).
Nine races on the same planet are fine, though.


Thanks for this report. I've fixed the 10+ races bug on dev (12750), but, that this error occurred at all is a sign that I probably need to adjust the racial traits a bit.

Awaras
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:32 am

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Awaras » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:41 pm

sven wrote:Ah. Looks like the game is falling back on some test art.... In the lower right-hand side of your Options pane, you should see a toggle that says "colored improvements". Turning this *off* will give you more consistent icons.

I believe that off is the current default for new installs, so, this is something you likely turned on yourself while testing. And, I think Arioch and I are now agreed that the flat-color improvement icons look better -- so, I should probably start hiding this option in new installs.


I see. Yes, I did turn on the 'colored improvements' option. Turning it off fixes the problem. Too bad, I kinda liked the colored icons. Oh well, whatever you guys think is best. :D

User avatar
Arioch
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:56 am
Location: San Jose, California
Contact:

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Arioch » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:45 pm

Awaras wrote:Too bad, I kinda liked the colored icons. Oh well, whatever you guys think is best. :D

The rendered icons are sexy, but I think the single-color ones are better at conveying information at a glance.

User avatar
Gyrfalcon
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: The Peninsula

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Gyrfalcon » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:11 pm

game_306 gave me an error right after I destroyed the last bit of orbital infrastructure, a Shipyard, around Menkent I. I couldn't get past it with Ignore Error, but was able to get past with Retry and finishing the battle again.
Summer grasses
all that remains of great soldiers'
imperial dreams - Basho

User avatar
sven
Site Admin
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:53 pm

Gyrfalcon wrote:game_306 gave me an error right after I destroyed the last bit of orbital infrastructure, a Shipyard, around Menkent I. I couldn't get past it with Ignore Error, but was able to get past with Retry and finishing the battle again.


Hrm. Not entirely sure why this one was happening, but, it should be fixed on dev (r12789). Thanks for the report.

User avatar
Gyrfalcon
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: The Peninsula

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Gyrfalcon » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:20 pm

When I have multiple ships selected, they overrun the box on the bottom right and, when I have them fire their weapons, the beams come from the selected ships box as well as from the actual ship.
Attachments
Double Beams.jpg
Double Beams.jpg (255.53 KiB) Viewed 6107 times
Summer grasses
all that remains of great soldiers'
imperial dreams - Basho

User avatar
Arioch
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:56 am
Location: San Jose, California
Contact:

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Arioch » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Heheh, that's a good one. :D


Return to “Archives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests