Bug Report Archive

Threads and posts that have become outdated are preserved here.

Moderator: luciderous

projekcja

Getting error messege.

Postby projekcja » Sun May 31, 2015 8:20 pm

I made a Phidi empire, and refited my scout to carry nuclear missiles. When the scout fires, the game displays an error: "Missing tracking position object for id=0." If I ignore the error messege, everything is fine.

edited by sven:i believe this is related to the crash greyfalcon found in earlier builds. if anyone finds a situation where this error occurs reliably, please upload the game.

projekcja

Re: Getting error messege.

Postby projekcja » Sun May 31, 2015 8:33 pm

In this same game, Game 274, I got a fatal error as I captured an enemy outpost.

edited by sven: should be patched on dev (r12658).

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:26 pm

projekcja wrote:I made a Phidi empire, and refited my scout to carry nuclear missiles. When the scout fires, the game displays an error: "Missing tracking position object for id=0." If I ignore the error messege, everything is fine.

edited by sven:i believe this is related to the crash greyfalcon found in earlier builds. if anyone finds a situation where this error occurs reliably, please upload the game.

I got this a number of times in my most recent game, and submitted one bug report game, but didn't see any consistent pattern. I didn't have any CTDs in the couple of hours I was playing last night, but did see this specific error 3 or 4 times in a combat. I had a fleet of about a dozen ships on my side v. a station and planet (without defenses) on theirs, so the combats lasted about three turns each.
Summer grasses
all that remains of great soldiers'
imperial dreams - Basho

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Gyrfalcon wrote:
projekcja wrote:I made a Phidi empire, and refited my scout to carry nuclear missiles. When the scout fires, the game displays an error: "Missing tracking position object for id=0." If I ignore the error messege, everything is fine.

I got this a number of times in my most recent game, and submitted one bug report game, but didn't see any consistent pattern. I didn't have any CTDs in the couple of hours I was playing last night, but did see this specific error 3 or 4 times in a combat. I had a fleet of about a dozen ships on my side v. a station and planet (without defenses) on theirs, so the combats lasted about three turns each.

yeah, i've got this one replicating consistently using the save you uploaded last night. experimenting with different candidate patches now... i suspect i'll have a a fix of some sort in the not too distant future.

edited: should be patched on dev (r12671).

Gyrfalcon

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Gyrfalcon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:35 am

I started a Phidi game and found that, among the ship designs that I started out with is a Transport and Transport v2, which are identical.

Also, I'm still getting flicker in the water section of ships. Although it's more of a hitch, like the animation loop is dropping a frame when it goes back to the beginning.

And turning Fulscreen off still doesn't stick when I restart the game.
Summer grasses
imperial dreams - Basho

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:47 am

It appears that all of the factions have a duplicate Transport design, not just the Phidi.

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:06 pm

game_280 is some bizzare behavior defending Rasalgethi just before the savefile. In the first round, I split the 24 missiles evenly between the four warships attacking me. The second round, I clicked the missiles, and it said 6/24, but seemed to launch 12. Then I tried to split 12 and got 6, etc. In further rounds, the number of missiles kept getting smaller by halves.

edited by sven: Yes -- something strange is certainly going on here. Thanks for uploading this one.
Summer grasses
imperial dreams - Basho

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Arioch wrote:It appears that all of the factions have a duplicate Transport design, not just the Phidi.

Yeah, it exists because the AI is now auto-creating 2 designs when it unlocks transports -- one "troop carrier" and one "trader". I should probably call the troop carrier something other than "Transport (v2)" however. The situation with the Phidi is currently particularly odd, as they create a separate transport design, but they don't actually start with the ability to invade planets, so, their 2 designs are strictly identical. Um... I should really fix all this -- not a big deal, just a little extra logic here and there.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:40 pm

sven wrote:
Arioch wrote:It appears that all of the factions have a duplicate Transport design, not just the Phidi.

Yeah, it exists because the AI is now auto-creating 2 designs when it unlocks transports -- one "troop carrier" and one "trader". I should probably call the troop carrier something other than "Transport (v2)" however. The situation with the Phidi is currently particularly odd, as they create a separate transport design, but they don't actually start with the ability to invade planets, so, their 2 designs are strictly identical. Um... I should really fix all this -- not a big deal, just a little extra logic here and there.

Perhaps call the second design "Troopship".

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:58 am

game_281 is a crash I got when I hit Continue from the main menu. The screen was completely black, so I have no idea. I'd just started the game and had gone to the Options menu to turn Fullscreen off and Fast Animations on, since neither of them seem to stick.

ETA: I get what seems to be a similar crash (game_282) when I try and load my actual save game rather than the autosave file. I did use custom game parameters, with the largest size game I could make when I started this game yesterday. Also, the Restart Game option from the error menu does reset the game parameters back to 50 stars, not the 100 I'd originally picked.

I started a new game with a Huge, 100 star game and was able to quit and load it without a problem both in fullscreen and windowed modes.

edited by sven: should be fixed on 'stable'.
Summer grasses
imperial dreams - Basho

Awaras

Re: Bug Report Archive

Postby Awaras » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:11 pm

A small graphical bug:

In the information window for the lab where it is shown how much research each lab tier generates, the icons for the first and second tier are the same.

sven
Site Admin

Re: Bug Report Archive

Postby sven » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:24 pm

Awaras wrote:In the information window for the lab where it is shown how much research each lab tier generates, the icons for the first and second tier are the same.

Opps. Should be fixed on dev (r12732). Thanks for the report.

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:52 am

game_289 is after two turns of my attacking the colony at Lesuth. I removed the planetary defenses the first time, they reappeared the second time and, now, before the third time, they are back again. I can't build anything in one turn while there is an enemy fleet in orbit. How are they?

Also, I'm seeing some graphical glitches where some of the missiles disappear and reappear in flight and ships that Retreat reappear briefly back where they started after the animation showing them doing the warp-flash runs.
Summer grasses
imperial dreams - Basho

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:57 pm

Why does the Human Missile Cruiser with Extra Munitions in one of it's System slots and Fusion Missiles in its Missile slots end up with only one missile left for the last salvo?
Attachments
Short Munitions.jpg
Short Munitions.jpg (40.65 KiB) Viewed 18337 times
Summer grasses
imperial dreams - Basho

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:59 pm

Gyrfalcon wrote:game_289 is after two turns of my attacking the colony at Lesuth. I removed the planetary defenses the first time, they reappeared the second time and, now, before the third time, they are back again. I can't build anything in one turn while there is an enemy fleet in orbit. How are they?

They were about half-way done building a Star Base when your fleet arrived -- so they had about 900 worth of stockpiled production. Planetary Defenses are only 300 -- so, they were able to rebuild after every attack. Um -- this is perhaps a sign that the current production mechanics are a bit strange -- but, atm, it's all working as intended.

Return to “Archives”