NFT Artwork

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
sishelper

NFT Artwork

Postby sishelper » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:09 pm

While waiting impatiently for the new DLC and being a huge fan of Ariochs artworks I suggest maybe to think about NFT's connected to the new DLC. For example maybe unique planets with their own appearance and specifics and terraform sequences that can be bought by rich people as NFT( non-fungible tokens).

Arioch

Re: NFT Artwork

Postby Arioch » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:18 pm

I don't see any inherent value in NFT's, so as far as I can tell the only reason to buy an NFT is in the hope of reselling it at a higher price. That's a scam.

sishelper

Postby sishelper » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:52 am

In their current form NFTs are exactly what you said.That is why I suggested it - to see a work of a true digital artist offered and not scams. If you dont like NFTs maybe you can offer to Patreon supporters their very own planets :). It will be so cool to see some unique worlds out there( sponsored by fans), with their own special feature and drawn and made alive by you and the cool SiS concept of elevation, climates, own trerraforming path, night/day cycles, habitation lights, athmos layers and all things that make this game so special.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:57 am

Dont know what NFT is but it seems like a secondary market which are usually speculative and tend to be scams

I would prefer if Steam would stick to selling games only just as I wouldnt like my dentist to start selling shares :)

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:30 am

Speaking only for myself, I would be deeply ashamed of being involved in any scheme that involved scamming people, even if I were to be personally enriched by such a scheme.

Unless and until someone can explain to me the value of an NFT, I can't ask anyone to spend real money on something that I would never buy myself.

gaerzi

Postby gaerzi » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:01 am

I'm very glad that it's your position.

If people want to pay you for SIS art, it'd make more sense to commission you for an extra minor race or an additional ship hull or something like that.

Dragar

Postby Dragar » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:08 pm

Arioch wrote:I don't see any inherent value in NFT's, so as far as I can tell the only reason to buy an NFT is in the hope of reselling it at a higher price. That's a scam.

It's so heartening to hear (read?) you say this!

Almost everything blockchain related appears to be a scam. Arguably it's a giant ponzi scheme, and it's doing irreparable damage to our climate and our economies,

Return to “General Forum”