Allied invasion

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
PrivateHudson

Allied invasion

Postby PrivateHudson » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:55 pm

When me and my ally are assaulting enemy colony, how the game determines who of us gets a chance at ground invasion? Or do all presenting allies attempt to invade sequentially, until the colony falls? In this case, in what order?

sven
Site Admin

Re: Allied invasion

Postby sven » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:54 pm

PrivateHudson wrote:When me and my ally are assaulting enemy colony, how the game determines who of us gets a chance at ground invasion? Or do all presenting allies attempt to invade sequentially, until the colony falls? In this case, in what order?

The player who started the attack is the only one who gets ground invasion opportunities. So, if you "assist" your ally in their attack of a colony, you won't get a chance to launch a ground invasion. But if you start the attack yourself, and they assist you, then you will get a chance to invade.

sven
Site Admin

Re: Allied invasion

Postby sven » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:29 pm

sven wrote:The player who started the attack is the only one who gets ground invasion opportunities. So, if you "assist" your ally in their attack of a colony, you won't get a chance to launch a ground invasion. But if you start the attack yourself, and they assist you, then you will get a chance to invade.

I actually may be wrong about this. I have seen situations in game where the player gets a chance to invade, even though he's technically "assisting" an AI in an attack. I... don't actually understand why that's happening through. The core rules around this were written up years ago, and it would appear there are edge cases that I've forgotten about :oops:

Return to “General Forum”