Stupid question?

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
Supermint

Stupid question?

Postby Supermint » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:47 am

I have looked through the search and can't find a result for what I'm looking for. Maybe I'm being a bit blind.

I'm bored of the normal faction colours, I know there are alternatives and want to switch. Is there a way to do this. I know it will be a mod to do it somewhere. But how.

AMX

Re: Stupid question?

Postby AMX » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:20 pm

Off the top of my head, you can use the developer options to cycle through the available colors for your own empire.

You can also change AI faction colors by switching to them (enable the AI Dev option, then Alt+Click on one of their planets).

Serenitis

Postby Serenitis » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Sort of the same.

I wonder if it might be possible in the future to include a colour picker, or even just a few pre-sets to allow the player to choose thier faction colour at the start of the game?
(There are currently 14 colour schemes defined which would make for a more than adequate selection, even if you want to reserve a couple for 'special' cases.)

Granted it would not be a high priority given it's purely cosmetic & non-essential nature. But it might possibly be worth it just for the tiny extra crumb of agency it gives the player.
Seeing ships in alternate colour schemes has so far, been an incredible treat. Some of them are quite dazzling.

Supermint

Postby Supermint » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:09 pm

Thanks. I forgot about the developer options. :roll:
Some of the colour schemes do look good.

Return to “General Forum”