Patreon?

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
DanTheTerrible

Patreon?

Postby DanTheTerrible » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:28 am

Has Ashdar Games considered setting up a Patreon account to help support Stars in Shadow? I really enjoy SiS but worry the awesome devs aren't making enough sales to continue to support it. I wouldn't mind kicking in a buck or two a month to help fund continued support, and suspect there are other fans who feel the same way. There may even be some well-heeled fans willing and able to kick in more. Would Iceberg object to such an arrangement?

Arioch

Re: Patreon?

Postby Arioch » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:57 pm

We don't currently have a Patreon account. I'm not sure that's the right platform for what we're doing... I think Patreon works best when you have regular (at least monthly) updates, so that people get a sense that there is regular progress being made for their contributions. But we definitely appreciate your enthusiasm and desire to support our efforts.

If people want to give us money, we did set up a PayPal donation page:
http://stars-in-shadow.com/donate.html

DanTheTerrible

Postby DanTheTerrible » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:04 pm

Arioch wrote:We don't currently have a Patreon account. I'm not sure that's the right platform for what we're doing... I think Patreon works best when you have regular (at least monthly) updates, so that people get a sense that there is regular progress being made for their contributions. But we definitely appreciate your enthusiasm and desire to support our efforts.

If people want to give us money, we did set up a PayPal donation page:
http://stars-in-shadow.com/donate.html

I've never had much luck getting paypal to work, but I'll see what I can do.

gaerzi

Postby gaerzi » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:19 pm

Something else you can do is buy gift copies for your friends. Or even for strangers, many communities have a dedicated thread for giving away Steam or GOG keys.

Return to “General Forum”