Herald visits

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
bjg

Herald visits

Postby bjg » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:31 pm

How many times can the Herald visit you? Never visited me more than three times, even if didn't offer all existing codexes.

sven
Site Admin

Re: Herald visits

Postby sven » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:56 pm

bjg wrote:How many times can the Herald visit you? Never visited me more than three times, even if didn't offer all existing codexes.

Spoiler: show
The way it's coded up, he just shows up every 50 years, starting whenever you first start researching "hyperspace anomalies".

I think there's an argument to be made that his visits should be 1) more random, and 2) on average a bit more frequent. But, if you have the metal to afford his techs, herald visits can be very powerful game-balance-altering swings, so I think making them frequent enough that the player could rely on having regular access to that market in any given playthrough would probably be a mistake.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:30 pm

sven wrote:[spoiler]

I had visit from Herlad withouth the non-random pre-condition being met

The bonuses are huge and with the new balance everyone should be able to afford them

I think that normal tech should not be for sale. unique tech should be more expensive and probably get its own icon ;)

optinaly: the unique tech (now hte only one in sale and on higher metal cost) might also have another price attached to it: Influence. Representing the idea that dealing with the Arda and buying crazy powerfull alien tech from them recreases your standing among other empires - might as well put some relationship penalty in there

gaerzi

Postby gaerzi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:07 pm

Does he stop showing up if he's angry? (Negative reputation score?)

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:49 pm

gaerzi wrote:Does he stop showing up if he's angry? (Negative reputation score?)

He comes (and offer a trade), but his trade list is empty. He also comes (empty handed) if there is nothing more to sell.

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:28 am

As far as I know, the herald's final offering is a mining upgrade. Once that is purchased, there is nothing left.

However, if you make it angry, it will stop offering new techs before that.

Return to “General Forum”