Unable to defend when Outpost transport in system

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
Colt374

Unable to defend when Outpost transport in system

Postby Colt374 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:55 am

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I can find no reference to it. I've noticed that if I am attacked and have an outpost in system, I cannot press the button to start the battle as the "Build Outpost" button covers it completely. As a result, I can attack but not defend. I can't find a way to start the battle while the outpost is there. Here's what I mean :

Screenshot (18).jpg
Screenshot (18).jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 9548 times

Perhaps this is a resolution or scaling issue, as I am playing this on a high DPI 2736 x 1824 display (Surface Pro 6).
Thanks,
Colt

bjg

Re: Unable to defend when Outpost transport in system

Postby bjg » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:08 pm

I second the complaint (sort of). The Outpost Transport is an interface disaster - the "Build Outpost" banner/button covers/hides everything in the system.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:00 am

Colt374 wrote:I've noticed that if I am attacked and have an outpost in system, I cannot press the button to start the battle as the "Build Outpost" button covers it completely. As a result, I can attack but not defend. I can't find a way to start the battle while the outpost is there.

In earlier builds, it wasn't legal to deploy an outpost over one of your own worlds, so this situation never came up. I believe it's been an unreported and unfixed issue since the first DLC rolled out though :oops:

I've posted a candidate fix to the dev build (r38136).

bjg wrote:I second the complaint (sort of). The Outpost Transport is an interface disaster - the "Build Outpost" banner/button covers/hides everything in the system.

Yeah, ideally, "Build Outpost" wouldn't obscure a planet's production progress tab either. We'd need a more serious interface redesign to solve that issue though. And I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, as there are other places in game where you can go to get a quick overview of your planet's production status (like the Planetary Report list).

bjg

Postby bjg » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:46 pm

sven wrote:there are other places in game where you can go to get a quick overview of your planet's production status (like the Planetary Report list)

The Planetary Report list doesn't autoscroll to (or mark otherwise) planets in the "current" system, so finding it is a bit of a hassle (specially late game).
Just to be clear - I don't want it to autoscroll.

Colt374

Postby Colt374 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:32 pm

sven wrote:
Colt374 wrote:I've noticed that if I am attacked and have an outpost in system, I cannot press the button to start the battle as the "Build Outpost" button covers it completely. As a result, I can attack but not defend. I can't find a way to start the battle while the outpost is there.

In earlier builds, it wasn't legal to deploy an outpost over one of your own worlds, so this situation never came up. I believe it's been an unreported and unfixed issue since the first DLC rolled out though :oops:

I've posted a candidate fix to the dev build (r38136).

Thank you Sven.

Return to “General Forum”