Gremak Base Research

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
harpy eagle

Gremak Base Research

Postby harpy eagle » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:20 pm

So most empires have a base research income (an income that is gained in addition to research from pops and labs) of either 5 or 10. It looks like the Gremak however, used to have a base research income of 5, but now it's 0.

I guess if any of the empires should have 0 base research income, it makes the most sense for the Gremak, although they also have a penalty resulting from half their pops not being able to research.

Are they just supposed to work extra hard to make up for being behind in research by building extra labs and capturing ships?

Arioch

Re: Gremak Base Research

Postby Arioch » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:27 pm

As far as I'm aware, Gremak base research has always been +0.

The Gremak have an ancient society that starts with a lot of ancient technology. Learning to research new things is something they are not used to and have to put some effort into.

harpy eagle

Re: Gremak Base Research

Postby harpy eagle » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:50 pm

Arioch wrote:As far as I'm aware, Gremak base research has always been +0.

The Gremak have an ancient society that starts with a lot of ancient technology. Learning to research new things is something they are not used to and have to put some effort into.

Okay, I saw an entry in the code for them to have +5, but it was commented out, so I was just going off of that. It makes sense though, thanks.

Return to “General Forum”