refit vs new ship

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
siyoa

refit vs new ship

Postby siyoa » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:40 pm

as per picture, I always felt that something is off, but never paid enough attention to it

it should be the structure of the ship costing majority (or 50% minimum) and all the added systems are rest of the cost

it doesn't make sense that new ship costs 614 hammers and refitting to the same design from existing fully build ship is 1382 hammers (disregarding metal cost for now)
Attachments
refit_vs_new.jpg
refit_vs_new.jpg (128.5 KiB) Viewed 12570 times
How did YOU get a key? All right, go in.

solops

Re: refit vs new ship

Postby solops » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:25 pm

This is really messed up.

Danath

Postby Danath » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:53 pm

*Wrenches/Labor) :P But yes, is silly. We also had the problem of a Tank/Mech unit being more expensive than Transport with Tank/Mech built-in it because of the discount production of ships.

siyoa

Postby siyoa » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:14 am

Danath wrote:(Wrenches/Labor) :P

I guess I spend more time in the code than in the game itself, variable is called "hammers" there :twisted:

siyoa

Postby siyoa » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:54 pm

refitting cost calculation is quite interesting overall

as per picture, both are refitting version IV of the ship to version IX, there is a bit of labor from previous project in, but still the cost discrepancy is huge

one can argue that refitting ship in orbit should cost more as I can refit as many ship as I want and all will be available next turn, comparing to just putting the refit job to planet queue and paying it outright, due to the fact that planet can only handle one ship a turn ... so there is premium for first scenario, but ~4x more is maybe bit excessive ?
Attachments
refit_in_orbit_vs_in_queue.jpg
refit_in_orbit_vs_in_queue.jpg (189.27 KiB) Viewed 12473 times

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Sorry to sidetrack but did you smack those pop and brigade icons on the planet? Looks helpful

I only use refit via planet for captured ships as there are no templates for these so never noticed the difference in price. It is not always 4X however, seems to grow exponentially in accordance to the change necessary. Swapping out a single AM hard-point only seems to cost somewhere around 10-20% more wrench

siyoa

Postby siyoa » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:39 am

zolobolo wrote:Sorry to sidetrack but did you smack those pop and brigade icons on the planet? Looks helpful

yeah, there is a code floating around here in one of my threads ... brigades are work in progress, trying to render text into picture (so it would be a picture of one brigade with a number of them next to it), as they can go over board sometime, see picture
Attachments
brigades.jpg
brigades.jpg (82.27 KiB) Viewed 12463 times

fonzosh

Postby fonzosh » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:10 am

Yes, this system really doesnt work. According to me, a planet refit should cost follow the following formula
10% of the hull cost+full cost of the added compenents =hammer and metal cost
The above formula is about the working for refitting a normal vehicle today, as long as you dont do anything extreme.
Instant refit should cost something of the same as above, but maybe a 100% hull cost since it is a tactical advantage and a "rush work" which as we all know in real life costs a lot more. Would be fun to maybe work some glitches into an instant refit (because of the "rush work") that actually has a small percentage to create a massive breakdown in the vessel (core failure, weapon failure aso aso)

Return to “General Forum”