Minor question about Tinkers

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
nweismuller

Minor question about Tinkers

Postby nweismuller » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:21 pm

Are the Tinkers an 'elder' race like the Ashdar, Humans, and Gremak, or a 'younger' race like the Phidi, Orthin, and Yoral? I mean, I'd assume if they were about and active at the time of the Great War, the Ashdar Empire might have retained some memory of them...

Arioch

Re: Minor question about Tinkers

Postby Arioch » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:56 pm

No, the Tinkers are not considered an Elder Race.

wminsing

Postby wminsing » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Yep, younger race, their 'lost colonies' are from 'slowboat' non-FTL colonization attempts made while hyperspace was messed up.

-Will

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:35 pm

That I knew, just wasn't entirely sure how long they and their Dzibix have been around. But Arioch nicely resolved that.

wminsing

Postby wminsing » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:56 pm

Well I wouldn't assume the Dizbix and the Tinkers aren't 'ancient', it's possible they have been around for a long time and only discovered hyperspace at the start of the game. I don't know if the game fluff is that specific.

-Will

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:47 pm

Evolution takes millions of years, so even the "young" races were around at the time of the Great War three thousand years ago; they just didn't have advanced spacefaring civilizations yet.

Dzibix arose from an automated factory set up by one of the elder races in that period, and so the Tinkers do have a connection to that ancient past, but they are not themselves considered an elder race.

wminsing

Postby wminsing » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:24 pm

Dzibix arose from an automated factory set up by one of the elder races in that period, and so the Tinkers do have a connection to that ancient past, but they are not themselves considered an elder race.

Ooooh, THAT is interesting!

-Will

Return to “General Forum”