Recreatable Bug

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
Nerdchieftain

Recreatable Bug

Postby Nerdchieftain » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:25 pm

I have a bug my save can re-create reliably. I read somewhere I am supposed to upload it somewhere.. can't seem to find the information this time around. Any help?

Chasm

Re: Recreatable Bug

Postby Chasm » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:50 pm

Just upload the game, and give a description in here of what is happening along with the game upload number.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:37 pm

In the Options menu, click "Upload Game Logs" and then post the resulting save name here so we know which one it is.

Nerdchieftain

Postby Nerdchieftain » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:47 pm

Game_5694

Upon hitting next turn, Yoral (AI) engages Phidi (AI) at Regulus.
ERROR: failed to resolve the battle at Regulus.

The battle is 1 Battleship vs 1 Starbase.

It happens every time, no matter if I reload game or reboot.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:37 am

I don't get the error on my version, but I can see the problem: the starbase was actually captured in a previous battle by the Ashdar Colonials, and so when the Yoral attacks the Phidi colony, the starbase and the colony world are firing on each other.

This is a known issue, and there is a fix in the current test version to prevent the error. If you just want to get on with your game, you can enable the test version, or you can just wait for the next patch, which will probably be next week.

Thanks for the report and upload.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:02 pm

Arioch wrote:I don't get the error on my version, but I can see the problem: the starbase was actually captured in a previous battle by the Ashdar Colonials, and so when the Yoral attacks the Phidi colony, the starbase and the colony world are firing on each other.

This is a known issue, and there is a fix in the current test version to prevent the error. If you just want to get on with your game, you can enable the test version, or you can just wait for the next patch, which will probably be next week.

Is the next patch coming for the Steam version Beta track before that?

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:44 pm

zolobolo wrote:
Arioch wrote:I don't get the error on my version, but I can see the problem: the starbase was actually captured in a previous battle by the Ashdar Colonials, and so when the Yoral attacks the Phidi colony, the starbase and the colony world are firing on each other.

Is the next patch coming for the Steam version Beta track before that?

The fix for the bug in question should already be up on the "hotfix_testing" Steam beta branch.

Return to “General Forum”